Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Changes/Ep4 Impressions? [SPOILERS]

Surprised nobody's made this thread yet! Perhaps we're all sick of opinions after that last booty slider thread, hmm? Also yes, spoilers and all.

Dot points, because dot points are fun:
    * New area isn't as future-city as I'd like- still a nice spot though, I like it.

* Not 100% keen on all the enemies (the mechanical ones really), but I really like that they're much more aggressive than what we're used to, and that a good deal of them can take a hit without instantly melting. Seen a rare enemy or two in Tokyo already... I think. There was a mouse instead of a rat, and an S-type rat, aaand I assume polar bears aren't rare, but just regular reskinned bears?

* Train Ghidoran is a beast.

* Emergency code quick on that first Tokyo ARKS quest is real tight- I actually failed it a few times. I actually like that, lol- to me, emergency codes shouldn't be basically guaranteed wins.

* Story mission... certainly changes things. Not sure I like the direction it's gone, to be honest, it felt like a big departure from the game I know. That said, it's early days and has yet to develop. The girl also seems likeable, and I feel like she's going to be more relatable a character than what we've had so far- I'm interested to see more. Story mission contained too much little boy ass though.

So, what do you lot think then? I'm keen to see the layered outfits and all, I may have to pick me up some AC.

(And incidentally, on the story mission, if anyone who can read Japanese can explain what's going on a bit more, that'd be great. I got the gist of things just from watching, but I'd appreciate the details!)

Tokyo map is a HUGE dissapointment. So does the Summoner.

The only good thing of this EP4 is an ass-slider.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Accessory customization and My Fashion is beast, best part of the update
    Fuck summoner, class deserves to be left at lvl1
    Train Ghidoran is awesome but highly telegraphed, the other new enemies need more HP
    Speed Rings need to be in more maps.

FI, HU, and GU's new skills are incredibly useful, more than the others (but they have their uses too!)
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Jan 28, 2016 at 04:18 AM.

Oh forgot about the summoner :P

I'm not gonna use it yet- my last MPA was 9/12 summoners. I can't begrudge them wanting to use the new stuff, but it's just braver all over again to me. Before I can enjoy it I gotta wait for the HYPE TRAIN to clear.

I'm disappointed in Tokyo. I try not to be a downer, but I just can't see myself doing this as many times as they clearly intend. The free map doesn't spawn any number of enemies of consequence that I've seen so far, and the fact that the spawns are set by the pings makes traipsing through the map even more of an exercise in drudgery than usual, even with the gotta go fast pads. And for some reason, everything is Lv 75 instead of 80, meaning they fall right over. Maybe I just need to get into the groove, but honestly, I don't see why we shouldn't all just go back to whatever we were doing in Episode 3.

Haven't had the opportunity to check out the new skills yet; respeccing means I have to redo like seven trees per character, so I'll need to get into a certain mood to bother. I'm hearing good things about SU, but it doesn't appeal to me and its class bonus is lol, so that's not really content for me to consume.

Butt slider's not what I wanted it to be, but it's still pretty useful, and the salon changes in general are pretty great, so I'm happy on that front. And as for the plot...well, I haven't laughed that hard in a while, so I'll give it a thumbs up there even if that wasn't its intention.

Summoner is the worst class ever. Just mindlessly spam the attack buttons and mirage escape if something is near. Even using it as a subclass is out of the question because of pitiful damage bonuses and 90% main class skills. Obviously a class meant to bring in the casuals from the anime.
    Tokyo drift is fun. I rather run around the city than fight the enemies at this point, since they're all just damage sponges that don't pose any kind of a threat.
    Train boss is alright but you can't see anything when fighting in melee because sega hasn't implemented zoom into the game.
    I can't be bothered to farm for 800 stones again for just another 13* so no reason for me to come back to the game really.
    Ass slider is pretty much ass, new accessory options are good.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

The new UI is the best part about this entire update. It might also be just me but I feel the entire game runs much smoother and less laggy, specially when scrolling between weapons or menu's. inb4 old UI caused all the lag issues

Aside that I dont know what to think yet. The new area is super small, the fuck is with that 2nd quest that is just 1 linear path with 4 waves of enemies? I didn't play free field yet cause I was already bored after just unlocking it. The running and kicking is a nice addition though, not sure what to think about enemies being forced to spawn in certain spots but it makes MPA less of a mess. You have less issues with 1 random guy spawning otherside of the map and triggering a code that the whole MPA has to run to.

I did the story bit of what I could till I couldn't progress because I had to play the new area but all I did was skip the cutscenes just to be done with it and unlock the option to select episodes at the character selection screen.

The more I read and hear about Summoner the less I feel like trying it out at all so won't judge on that.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Summoner is the worst class ever. Just mindlessly spam the attack buttons and mirage escape if something is near.
    Pet Murder 101.

Summoner is very strange. Not sure what to think of it yet.
    I often can't tell WTF is going on or where my pet is.
    I think all the new Summoner systems end up overcomplicating what seems to be a simple class.

Haven't figured out how to unlock Tokyo yet, but did the daily free recommendation.
    Seems so-so. Instead of adding pads everywhere, everyone should just be able to sprint fast when no enemies are around.
    I saw someone Heartless Impact a helicopter, and now I want to do that.
    Tokyo made me realize that sometimes I just want to roam around the environment, without the quest suddenly ending and having to go back to the campship.

Various GUI stuff still not fixed. There was something specific, but I forgot what it was.
    There's a bug where if you try to exit while in a pet window you get stuck in mouse cursor mode until you hit a menu shortcut key.
    Still no multiple camo support.
    You can adjust weapon position but not rotate weapon. Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Accessory placement stuff is screwed up because movement limits are way too small.
    It's especially terrible because movement doesn't scale with size change.
    So even if you make an accessory huge, you can barely move it.
    This becomes even worse because rotation axes are often in strange places.
    Meaning when you rotate an accessory, it'll move a mile away in some weird direction.
    And you can't even fix that because of the tiny movement limits.

Layer stuff is nice, but I really would've liked to be able to change just the shoes on some of the outfits.
    Also, you can't adjust layer priority for old costumes. Meaning you still can't put pantyhose on top of underwear unless you use new inner wear.
    Speaking of that, the default base wear doesn't seem to be customizable, despite looking pretty cool. Did that not even occur to them?

Ability to change outfit anywhere is great.
    Ass slider's main issue is it exacerbates the pot belly issue that has plagued some outfits for years.
    It vanishes on other outfits, and mostly vanishes if you're not in default standing animation.
    More storage is great, but character specific instead of increasing general storage is kind of a huge pain up the butt.

I guess you can sum up episode 4 like what my friend said to me:
    I'm upset because I'm happy with my pso2 crap, but I still don't want to play
    I just logged in again and went "oh there's nothing else I want to do here!"
    Episode 4 is mostly features that should have been implemented ages ago, like Casts being able to have separate body types.
    Sped up turn ins and grinding, finally. Stuff like that.
    But every episode has been like that so far.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 28, 2016 at 05:52 AM.

I saw someone Heartless Impact a helicopter, and now I want to do that.
    Captain Falcon simulator, in case you don't want to Falcon Kick with the pads, you can Falcon Punch them with Fighter