Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kamui & Bayonetta in Smash Bros for Wii U - thoughts?

Since there's a thread dedicated to Cloud and the download for our 2 last newcomers will be available soon, I thought we could discuss them here - if anyone is interested.

My questions are
    Do you guys even care about their inclusion?
    Which character are you most hyped for?
    @ those who love to watch Smash tournaments:
    Do you think we'll be seeing Kamui and / or Bayonetta in tournaments soon? Cloud already made several appearances, despite being relatively new.

I care about Bayonetta, although I didn't vote for her. But when I look at the gameplay, Kamui wins for me. Bayonetta seems too technical (from what I've seen) for my tastes (I'm more of an intuitive player), so I guess I'll try Kamui first.
    As for tournaments, I think players will at favor Bayonetta since her combo potential seems pretty awesome. Kamui has quite a few interesting moves, but...
    with way less potential than Bayonetta. I think they'll end up like the other Fire Emblem characters in tournaments. Underplayed.

I will post an update once I've gotten my hands on them.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Not really all that hyped, but new characters are cool. Too early to say if they're going to be top tier and all that jazz, might get some patches here and there too. They look pretty cool though. I'm sure people will try to bring them into tournaments. If not just for the heck of it, having the element of surprise is always nice.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I think Bayonetta's inclusion is awesome. With her, six amazing songs are added to this game's already spectacular soundtrack, we get another beautiful stage, we get another woman to further balance out the previously skewed gender representation, and a company known for its prudishness and childfriendly image adds one of the most sexually free game characters created. I love it.

Kamui... Well, we already have four other fire emblem lords, so it's hard to get excited. Plus it's a game I don't even know I'll enjoy. s/he looks good and everything, but I'd rather we get some other class from Fire Emblem. I'd love a lance user, for instance. I'm glad Robin's inclusion means we get a spell caster at least, but if FE's going to choke Smash's roster so heavily it may as well show off the amazingly diverse set of characters the series has.

Corrin seems interesting, but will forever be another Fire Emblem character and has a move set that looks similar to the other FE fighters.

I'm interested in how Bayonetta is with her technical play, but not a big fan on her inclusion.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I don't really care about Corrin but Bayonetta looks pretty cool.

I mean, I don't play a ton of Smash these days but as I've already established I'm apparently a sucker when it comes to DLC for this game so I'll probably be buying both characters even if I play them each once. I'm the worst.

Also: well played with this "Kamui" gag. What a laugh!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Aw. I liked your Corrimui confusion notes.

Corrin is a complete and total waste of space. If I remember hearing correctly a month or so ago, even Sakurai himself says there's way too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4. It's not even that popular of a game series.

As for Bayonetta, if you know anything about me, you should already know how I feel about her inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Corrin is a complete and total waste of space. If I remember hearing correctly a month or so ago, even Sakurai himself says there's way too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4. It's not even that popular of a game series.

As for Bayonetta, if you know anything about me, you should already know how I feel about her inclusion.

B-but Kamui's inclusion will ensure that Fire Emblem if: NoA mod will bring sell more copies. After all, games are mainly commercial products and not art. Riiiiiight?

No, in all seriousness, I'm just happy that he isn't just another swordfighter.
    Lucina, Marth and Roy are pretty much just clones, only having one of them would've been fine, too. But meh.

And yeah, Bayonetta is basically your main with less blue, less muscles and more guns, right? :P
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I never played Bayonetta, but damn she looks like a lot of fun to use. Cant wait to be useless using her !! \o/

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Aw. I liked your Corrimui confusion notes.
    Ahhhh shoot. I didn't think the gag read well. Sorry, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I heard that it was either another Fire Emblem character or "Gray Pitt", so I mean... we kinda dodged a bullet there.