Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie question

Question newbie question

I am new to this game just joined it a couple days ago (would have sooner but isp issues).. A thing I am noticing is that sometimes.. people are able to join my party even though i locked mine with a password and restricted it to friends and team only.. this has happened a couple times now.. sometimes their name appears in my party list and sometimes they don't.. I don't ever complain about it in world or anything and play a long .. I don't want to seem rude.. I am doing the beginning quests though and since i am new i don't want to bother people with my exploration of every nook and cranny of the areas.. so that's why i lock them.. cause i am still kind of learning.. and still have quite a bit of the game i have yet to explore.. This is in no way mean spirited.. I am just curious.. So how are people joining my party despite party settings?

Edit: I thought i was in general when i posted this .. sorry about that.. if mods wish to move it they can.. I tried to see if i could but It doesn't give me the option to delete or move.. so to prevent the possibility of a double thread i will just leave it here and hope i get answers..
    Last edited by Jinu_San; Feb 2, 2016 at 06:35 AM.

umm when i solo i just and a team name and add a password. only time people join my groupe is when i did the same as you and clicked on the restricted it to friends. hope that helps

You need to click the second box under the password to to block other parties from joining your MPA.

I see.. I will try that then thanks very much. ^.^

If they don't appear in your party list, then they are MPA (multiparty area) members. They are just minding their own business. You can lock them out, but you don't have to.

If you tick friend or team member only, that can stop people joining your party.
    If you want to be completely alone and prevent other parties joining the same instance, you need to add a password and click the second option that lights up once a password is entered.

And if they do appear if your party list, they must have guessed your password.

Also for playing solo I would recommend using the support partners, you can summon those from the terminal on the left side of dropship, just pick random people or your friends there, it will adjust the levels to yours and they just run behind you while you do whatever you want. Its good to pick something you are not like techer or force for some healing and buffs, ranger for marking enemies for you to do higher damage etc.

And if you fill your party with NPCs like that, nobody can join it.

ah i see.. I don't think i am aware of multiplayer areas.. but if this is the case i hope I am not taking items away from them.. or do we get our own drops? I use passwords that are not very easy.. you would have to guess random words that don't actually exist along with a series of numbers..

I thought for a while that it might have something to do with the pse thing that pops up every now and again..

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinu_San View Post
    ah i see.. I don't think i am aware of multiplayer areas.. but if this is the case i hope I am not taking items away from them.. or do we get our own drops? I use passwords that are not very easy.. you would have to guess random words that don't actually exist along with a series of numbers..

I thought for a while that it might have something to do with the pse thing that pops up every now and again..

Thanks for the information.
    In PSO2, all loot on your screen are yours.
    You can't take the other's loot since they have their own share which you can't see.
    With exception, are dropped item by the other player but these item marked with some kind of "aura", fear not in "main-game" the only thing people can drop are cheap consumeable.

There, you have nothing to worry about picking everything you see.
    Last edited by wefwq; Feb 3, 2016 at 05:20 AM.

Yeah just hold that E and run in circles until you have picked up everything from the boss since you get like 1 item per second pickup speed. I just wish they made something like pickup all nearby items button.