Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    In your documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder, there's a file called "item_name_cache.dat". It used to be deleted in old versions of the Tweaker - Update yours and see if it still is being deleted/overwritten. I literally just took a look at the code and we don't even touch that file anymore, as AFAIK that's what the game uses.

Alright followup report then, I have once again reinstalled tweaker from scratch and fiddle with it before running the game, when trying to setup OverParse it told me about the Plugin menu in tweaker (which I have not noticed before) where by default was Item Translation enabled - this was probably the cause of the item cache erasing, however no items were actually translated which is why I thought I have no options enabled.
    In order to disable this plugin (Item Translation), I actually couldn't just uncheck it as that crashed the tweaker, what I had to do was go to plugin settings, there set a hotkey and only then I was able to disable it.

So after that I proceeded to run the game again with tweaker and nothing but the Damage Parser plugin enabled and my item cache remained unchanged. (so for people with this problem who want to just use tweaker for the DPS thing, make sure to go to all settings and disable all possible things tweaker does by default).
    Overparse is working flawlessly (although technique names are in English, I can get over it since for techs and PAs the translations are good [not like オフスティア = austere... what? where did the fu go, i think devs meant it as Off Steer and maybe Ofus Tear would be acceptable TL interpretation too, but w/e xD] )

Btw unrelated to this topic but when I run the tweaker on the latest pso2 version, it says there is pso2 update available, I always click no and the launch works anyways but it keeps announcing an update even though there is none available, is there a way to disable update checks since I update through the default launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    New release is up on GitHub, changelog is in the link.
    This version doesn't work for me, it's the same 2 problems as I mentioned the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Player View Post
    This version doesn't work for me, it's the same 2 problems as I mentioned the last time.
    I messaged you privately asking for your help in tracking down those problems. No response, so I went ahead and pushed this, crossed my fingers it wouldn't break.

I changed the file dialogs back a few versions ago, actually. I can't possibly imagine why they're simply not showing up for you unless you have some weird shell extension interfering with things.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

So is it possible to give an option to change it to my name instead of "YOU"?

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    I messaged you privately asking for your help in tracking down those problems. No response, so I went ahead and pushed this, crossed my fingers it wouldn't break.

I changed the file dialogs back a few versions ago, actually. I can't possibly imagine why they're simply not showing up for you unless you have some weird shell extension interfering with things.
    I used version 0.9.1 and it worked just fine for me so I thought that it wouldn't be an issue anymore, looks like I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by steverowland View Post
    So is it possible to give an option to change it to my name instead of "YOU"?
    Isn't that what is does by default? At least that's the case for me.

I had item_name_cache.dat get deleted on my notebook a few days ago, even though I didn't use the Tweaker there.
    So I dunno what's causing that. Might be PSO2 itself.

Anyway, Tweaker also tells me there are patches when there aren't, etc.
    I think Tweaker also sometimes gave failed to connect errors if Arks Layer was down or something.
    Might have been my notebook WiFi being screwy, but I don't remember now.
    I just find it faster/easier to direct boot using the batch file.

Torim ID stuff isn't fixed yet, right? Even if I stick to using a single Torim for most of the battle, it looks like my damage gets split all over the place.
    I'm assuming there's no way to track pet via name because nobody else can see the names.
    I came in at around 4th on TD4 earlier. Not bad considering I'm still stuck with rarity 9 pets.
    Seems like I contribute around 11% (as Summoner). It's kinda sad how many people only contribute less than 5%. Or even 2%.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 12, 2016 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Player View Post
    I used version 0.9.1 and it worked just fine for
    Isn't that what is does by default? At least that's the case for me.
    hm for me it shows 'YOU' instead of my name and cant find an option to change it :O

The damage dump plugin update recently makes it so the active player shows up as "YOU", it's to better handle the ally/enemy situation in ACT.

Never mind, I just realized it DOES show other people's pet names.
    Sometimes.

Tried PD using one of my Ideal Knuckles Fi/Hu mains.
    I was topping damage until the Forces busted out Barantsion.
    1st place Force had Ideal Rod. 2nd was an Austere Techer using Zanverse. I came in just after.
    Three people did 0% damage, but turns out all 3 were Summoners.
    It seems like out of the 3 Summoners, only one Summoner's pet Torim had their name displayed in OverParse.

Dunno if I should be posting results here. Seems like the most relevant place.
    Anyway, good to know I'm not weak as shit.

Oh, by the way, Backhand Smash shows up as "Unknown".
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 12, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

is there no option to show heal per second in overparse ?