Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Forever Alone in PSO2?

So I've been on and off since the beta, and over the course of my experience, I've come to know, albeit briefly, quite a few people in pso.
    Unfortunately, real world commitments/player burn out/etc cause these relationships to go up in smoke and every time I come back, I'm essentially starting from scratch when it comes to having friends and acquaintances in game.
    However, making friends this time around seems to be far more difficult than ever.
    I'm always playing with an open party, but of the few who will join up, even fewer have anything to say.
    I understand that most people playing are speaking solely in team chat nowadays, but the general silence among the English community (that I've encountered [not including b01 noise]) is really starting to get to me.

What I'm looking for are people who want to enjoy the end-game content, but are also willing to use their words, even if only for small talk.
    When it comes to chat, I'm pretty much down for whatever.
    I used to roleplay a lot back in the day too, so I'm no slouch when it comes to in character shenanigans, and have been looking for a chance to try in pso2.

In the field, I'm not the best player in the world, and my gear is passable at best, but I put in a lot of effort to make sure that I'm not holding the group back.
    Following the meta can be rough at times, but I try to keep my skill trees optimised, too.

If my rambling has piqued your interest, please send me a PM or a reply.
    I'd love to meet new friends and play this game the way it was intended, because Phantasy Solo Online is killing my feels.

tl;dr looking for friends who will be more than just names on a list
    ----------------------
    PSO2 / Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineAlexandra View Post
    So I've been on and off since the beta, and over the course of my experience, I've come to know, albeit briefly, quite a few people in pso.
    Unfortunately, real world commitments/player burn out/etc cause these relationships to go up in smoke and every time I come back, I'm essentially starting from scratch when it comes to having friends and acquaintances in game.
    However, making friends this time around seems to be far more difficult than ever.
    I'm always playing with an open party, but of the few who will join up, even fewer have anything to say.
    I understand that most people playing are speaking solely in team chat nowadays, but the general silence among the English community (that I've encountered [not including b01 noise]) is really starting to get to me.

What I'm looking for are people who want to enjoy the end-game content, but are also willing to use their words, even if only for small talk.
    When it comes to chat, I'm pretty much down for whatever.
    I used to roleplay a lot back in the day too, so I'm no slouch when it comes to in character shenanigans, and have been looking for a chance to try in pso2.

In the field, I'm not the best player in the world, and my gear is passable at best, but I put in a lot of effort to make sure that I'm not holding the group back.
    Following the meta can be rough at times, but I try to keep my skill trees optimised, too.

If my rambling has piqued your interest, please send me a PM or a reply.
    I'd love to meet new friends and play this game the way it was intended, because Phantasy Solo Online is killing my feels.

tl;dr looking for friends who will be more than just names on a list
    For posts like these, we have this forum section.

Most of the time when creating a party, EN players will either spam PAs in the campship or be tabbed out until EQ begins. It's something that can't be changed, so I try to simply not pay attention to it. As for the lobbies, if it's murrican prime time, you can see plenty of EN players talk in the lobby. During this time I'm usually sleeping, so I don't know about XH blocks, but when I was leveling my subclass on SH blocks, people were talking a lot.
    As far as I know, people try to avoid talking English in the lobbies out of politeness towards the JP players. But I've also seen tons of JPs talking openly in the lobby (some of them even visit - you won't believe it - the feared B01).

And if you are willing to ignore the prejudices, try B01.
    Sure, there are a lot of ignorant shitheads and trolls wasting their precious time on that block, but there are also enough decently geared people who don't mind chatting and doing fun / silly stuff.

Anyway, you can PM me if you want. There's no silence in the party chat when you're playing with me.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    For posts like these, we have this forum section.
    I thought we weren't supposed to use that section anymore... '

Anyway, you can PM me if you want. There's no silence in the party chat when you're playing with me.
    Will do~
    I'm going to be super busy until the weekend, though, so can't play until then.
    ----------------------
    PSO2 / Ship 2

I thought we weren't supposed to use that section anymore... '
    Oh really? My fault then, I mostly visit this forum for the fashion thread and the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.

Will do~
    I'm going to be super busy until the weekend, though, so can't play until then.
    Sure, no problem. Just send me a PM with your ingame ID.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

and the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I mostly visit this forum for ... the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.
    Among other places!

That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly. While there are social hubs such as B1 (EN) and B201 (JP), I couldn't say that I'd actually want to play with any of those people because I'm more interested in the game mechanically than socially when actually playing it.

Of course for normal content (such as CM, UQs, AQs), you can just make open parties and advertise in the description what you're looking for, but people have to actually be actively looking for the same type of game as you, which almost never happens anymore since the majority just play the Emergencies (and anyone who is playing other content usually just bugs friendlists).

I think it would be great if SEGA would implement some sort of microblog system, where people can advertise if they're hosting games and what kind of players they're looking for, so it'd be easier to actually connect with the players you really want to play with. I have an extensive social circle of people I'd want to play with, but I can't exactly say making it was simple, it was always through a person somebody else knew or other similar situations, not from meeting people directly.

Join a team that uses voice communications, that was a solution for me. Discord thread might help you too.
    If you don't want to have extra attention to your female voice you can be a listener most of the time, it worked okay for me.
    Anyway, you can try and sync with me, even tho I'm not playing all that much these days.
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; Feb 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM.

I think I met all of my ingame friends from exchanging GJs for my friend partners.
    Some of them will just start chatting after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly.
    I did say that before :/

Anyway, I agree.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 15, 2016 at 03:12 PM.

leave your ID here, I'll find you.....
    soon