Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default Regarding people leaving EQs upon seeing a Summoner

Posting this as a heads up or for discussion purposes.
    Thought it'd be better to make a new thread in General Discussion for people to see, instead of appending the Summoner thread.

It seems there's increasing concern over people leaving EQs if they catch even the slightest glimpse of a Summoner.
    The problem isn't limited to ship 2 or foreign players.
    Some people want to be able to check other player's pet level or candy setup, to see if they're up to scratch before they run for the hills.

https://twitter.com/baystars_23/stat...56582120108033
    https://twitter.com/baystars_23/stat...57326068031488
    https://twitter.com/baystars_23/stat...58565891702784

I don't know who that person is or whether those are official responses to the matter.
    Perhaps this will make SEGA aware of issues with people leaving multis.

Some relevant discussion in this 2ch thread, for anyone who's interested and can read it.

Anyway, I'm going to get some rest now. Feel free to discuss.

This is nothing new for the game. People already do this, especially 2ch who list out the "parasites" and avoid them.

Summoner is just a common one, probably. It's attractive to newcomers, while also possessing a certain additional level of complexity not found on other classes. The class can easily be extremely weak if not set up properly (pet leveled up/statted, candy box, etc) and played properly (pet positioning, artes, timing, etc). People have probably associated bad EQ runs with the quantity of Summoners in the party, and it's not wild to believe that it may be very true.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

It's okay. Sega will just make the new pets OP as shit. that'll solve the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

the real solution is to remove EQs from the game
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Wow, that's lame, like whatever happened to just chilling and playing the freaking game, if they are that "serious" about what other people are doing these guys shouldn't even be playing with randoms in the first place but should be playing in co-ordinated teams of like minded people.

Like I get maybe leaving if someone is just idling in mpas or whatever, but otherwise that **** is whack.

Makes me want to make a cast fo/su running a dex mag and casting spells from the sub pallete whilst wielding a tuna just to spite them.

I'm glad I'm in a team and although I would like to pick up some Japanese language skills at some point I'm kind of glad I'm missing this without being informed here, this is straight up toxic.

Also like to add that I'm not even running a summoner yet, this type of crap just riles me, makes me glad the only competitive games I play are 1 vs 1, no-one to give me crap for playing how I like but myself.

This reminds me of a Summoner in SH that just stay in the top-left crystal zone during TD4 (MBD Demise incase you didn't know) for around 4 waves. Sure, that Su ended up 2nd place as Crystal God (yeah, score did not matter. Still worth some look on unique cases), but I won't deny that I want to punch that SU's face during his/her time of 'isolation'.
    For bloody sake, your Torim would be useful in taking down the boss swarm during wave 3 instead for taking down the darker wall!

.........Well, that was one of the extreme cases though. I've seen some good SUs in high-profile EQ mpas, but that's once in the full moon. 90% of the time? Bad SUs all around (thankfully I haven't met one with +10 Axeon with Another History and Exp Boost augs......yet :v).
    Not to add the association game, which are going strong as expected.

SU's reputation are not going to become better any soon, if the SUs did not upgrade their pets and playstyle properly.
    And to be fair, checking the pet level would be a neat feature to separate 'bad' SUs and 'good' SUs on first-glance basis.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Feb 23, 2016 at 08:13 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Iduno View Post
    Wow, that's lame, like whatever happened to just chilling and playing the freaking game.
    This does not yield max runs possible

Class is okay but man, it could have been better, to think we could have gotten Shotgun, Slicer, Axe's, etc wep types but instead we got this

Well Sus aren't ready to have maxed out candy boxes yet. A single pet needs 2 parfaits, 2 rolls, and 2 pancakes to just cover the essentials. But getting 2 different parfaits is difficult, there's currently only 2 offensive rolls in the game, one of them being only available with 250 ult nab crystals, and it's not as simple as making sure a pet has 6 cookies.

The class is still in the early stages of development for most people. What the concern should focus on is leechers, not whether a person's class is of a particular type.

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    Well Sus aren't ready to have maxed out candy boxes yet. A single pet needs 2 parfaits, 2 rolls, and 2 pancakes to just cover the essentials. But getting 2 different parfaits is difficult, there's currently only 2 offensive rolls in the game, one of them being only available with 250 ult nab crystals, and it's not as simple as making sure a pet has 6 cookies.

The class is still in the early stages of development for most people. What the concern should focus on is leechers, not whether a person's class is of a particular type.
    whats the optimal setup for all 3 pets?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

After seeing what an absolute shitshow something as braindead as an SH Falz Arms can become when you've got more than 4 Summoners in the group I'm not at all surprised people would act that way. It's a half-arsed money sink class that hasn't been out for long, so everyone is running around with garbage equipment and unoptimised play styles.