Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Quote Originally Posted by lunamaniac View Post
    If you want perfect runs, shouldn't you find perfect players to run with?

PUGS are always going to be a mixed bag, and even then PSO2's PUGS are a lot more bearable than in other games I've played.

I'm not sure if it's productive to get angry at other people for not playing how you like when you could always just find a party or an active team to run things with instead of leaving the rest of your MPA to chance.

I do understand that it's unfair to turn up unprepared for an EQ and expect to be carried, but scorn or anger seem unlikely to solve the issue.
    I would agree if organizing a group around the EQ schedule wasn't such a pain. If it was something like raid, where instead of only getting to do it when its up you could do it a certain number of times a day or week that would work great. But with the way EQs are set up it's not always feasable to get everyone together during the EQ. Like... I REALLY want to agree with you, but the EQ system is a pain in the ass for organized groups. The same thing kinda happened in GW2 with some of the big scheduled World bosses. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I would agree if organizing a group around the EQ schedule wasn't such a pain. If it was something like raid, where instead of only getting to do it when its up you could do it a certain number of times a day or week that would work great. But with the way EQs are set up it's not always feasable to get everyone together during the EQ. Like... I REALLY want to agree with you, but the EQ system is a pain in the ass for organized groups. The same thing kinda happened in GW2 with some of the big scheduled World bosses. :/
    That's a sound point, maybe it's just impossible to get perfect runs every time.

You mentioned Guild Wars 2...
    Imagine every boss in PSO2 getting Tequatl treatment
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    You mentioned Guild Wars 2...
    Imagine every boss in PSO2 getting Tequatl treatment
    I think I get where you're coming from, but Tequatl got nerfed, same with triple trouble worms. If you just mean making boss fights require more coordination, I'd be fine with that. I mainly brought up GW2 because I remember people hating trying to do organized runs for Teq because it was a time limited boss that required coordination, but getting everyone in the same place was a logistical nightmare.

I think I get where you're coming from, but Tequatl got nerfed, same with triple trouble worms. If you just mean making boss fights require more coordination, I'd be fine with that. I mainly brought up GW2 because I remember people hating trying to do organized runs for Teq because it was a time limited boss that required coordination, but getting everyone in the same place was a logistical nightmare.
    Originally Tequatl was a boss fight that was super easy that could be destroyed with 15 players. However, Arenanet eventually gave Tequatl an upgrade, causing the boss fight to become a high-end coordinated battle that only Blackgate, Tarnished Coast, and Jade Quarry Servers had a chance in hell in beating.

The result was a boss fight that required around 50+ people to actually win split into three different groups. It was pretty cool...

Are you telling me in the last year they nerfed Tequatl back into the oblivion and abysmal boss fight it used to be?
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Originally Tequatl was a boss fight that was super easy that could be destroyed with 15 players. However, Arenanet eventually gave Tequatl an upgrade, causing the boss fight to become a high-end coordinated battle that only Blackgate, Tarnished Coast, and Jade Quarry Servers had a chance in hell in beating.

The result was a boss fight that required around 50+ people to actually win split into three different groups. It was pretty cool...

Are you telling me in the last year they nerfed Tequatl back into the oblivion and abysmal boss fight it used to be?
    They kept the new mechanics and complexity, but I think they lowered Teq's hp and maybe toned down some of the adds, to make it more managable for PUGs due to the nature of the map. Same with the worms.

Some of the content in the expansion filled the niche though.

So your fun is more important than everyone else's?
    Ask yourself that question too.

Like it or not, games will always have people playing for fun, running odd builds, using a certain weapon or skill just because they like it, not knowing the cookie cutter max dps builds or simply having to use whatever gear they can get to drop because they can't buy 10* stuff because they don't have premium.

Your fun is no more legitimate than a more casual player's and I'd suggest that the person moaning because other people aren't playing the game he wants to needs to be asking himself that more than people who are simply playing the game how they want.

Taking a game seriously isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the moment you start trying to force everyone else to play how you want them to, well that's when it becomes more than taking the game seriously and becomes being a jerk.

And arranging a group for EQs isn't impossible, if people can arrange teams to physically travel across the world to enter events and tournaments for other games it should be very possible for a group of like minded individuals to arrange to log on at the same time to thrash an EQ, the trouble is it's far easier to just join PUGs and whine that the casuals ruined your run afterwards.

On the plus side here on ship 10 I've been running a Bo/Fi Jetboots main and an alt who is a Br/Bo exclusively using Katanas which give tech attack and a full dex mag with both Braver and Bouncer mag maxed out so I can do the whole spellsword thing and I've yet to receive any hate in game for it at all and I'm also seeing hunter mains and plenty of summoners out in full force not receiving hate or driving players out of MPAs either so I'm guessing the haters are simply a vocal minority.

The only hard part about post-rising Tequatl was that most of the low-mid pop servers didn't have enough people to do an organized run. Once Anet added mega servers, Tequatl went back to being another part of daily world boss slog.

Just keep in mind that regardless of anyone's perception of fun, it all still relies heavily on SEGA's game design.
    If the game design was better, everyone would probably find the same stuff fun, and there'd be less divide between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Iduno View Post
    Ask yourself that question too.

Like it or not, games will always have people playing for fun, running odd builds, using a certain weapon or skill just because they like it, not knowing the cookie cutter max dps builds or simply having to use whatever gear they can get to drop because they can't buy 10* stuff because they don't have premium.

Your fun is no more legitimate than a more casual player's and I'd suggest that the person moaning because other people aren't playing the game he wants to needs to be asking himself that more than people who are simply playing the game how they want.

Taking a game seriously isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the moment you start trying to force everyone else to play how you want them to, well that's when it becomes more than taking the game seriously and becomes being a jerk.

And arranging a group for EQs isn't impossible, if people can arrange teams to physically travel across the world to enter events and tournaments for other games it should be very possible for a group of like minded individuals to arrange to log on at the same time to thrash an EQ, the trouble is it's far easier to just join PUGs and whine that the casuals ruined your run afterwards.

On the plus side here on ship 10 I've been running a Bo/Fi Jetboots main and an alt who is a Br/Bo exclusively using Katanas which give tech attack and a full dex mag with both Braver and Bouncer mag maxed out so I can do the whole spellsword thing and I've yet to receive any hate in game for it at all and I'm also seeing hunter mains and plenty of summoners out in full force not receiving hate or driving players out of MPAs either so I'm guessing the haters are simply a vocal minority.
    You missed my point. You're literally trying to argue against my point with my point.

EDIT: actually, let me rephrase that. I'm just tired of people going "but I play for fun" like it means something. Everyone is playing for fun, it's not even relevant. I'm really pissed off that you're assuming things about how I play too.

Also I never said organized groups are impossible, I said they're a pain to organize.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    If the game design was better, everyone would probably find the same stuff fun,
    Thaaat's a pipe dream... No matter how well the game is designed people are always going to play in different ways.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 9, 2016 at 09:35 PM.