Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

like the others said pretty much need a new comp with that also said while tunga may have suggested an older card i wouldnt do that instead look at getting an i5 at least with a gtx 960 which is pretty affordable for a modern graphics card and defo way more than enough to handle pso2 at max settings

So the question is, what is your budget, and we can see what can be done.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    So the question is, what is your budget, and we can see what can be done.
    That depends honestly. From what im gathering, a lot of people here are suggesting that I should get a brand new PC since its my processor thats the bottomneck. However, if its possible to change the processor (i dont think it is though) then i can look into that as well, but like I said, I dont think its possible from what i read since eveyones suggesting to buy a brand new PC. For one thing im not paying 1000 for an Alienware or anything like that cause thats my entire savings as of right now lmao

I would suggest to recommend me to some PCs that are good enough to run PSO2 good (better than mine without any of my problems) and for a good price along with good specs but I dont think its gonna be easy to find a PC like that lmfao i only use this PC for PSOBB and PSO2 cause im not a PC gamer truthfully speaking and prefer consoles but with PSOBB and PSO2 thats an exception cause i love these games
    Last edited by MasterGunz2345; Feb 24, 2016 at 01:58 AM.
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

Yeah, your current processor is an AM2 socket, so it will be difficult to find a direct upgrade for it without also changing out your motherboard.
    If you aren't confident in building your own rig (which in most cases would be the ideal), you can get a prefab PC [something like this from BestBuy], then just replace the PSU if it's not at least 500w, probably install a new CPU cooler, install a GPU, and that should work fine. (The big issue is that it will come with a bunch of preloaded software, but you can get rid of most of it easily)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

A good price is set by you. But if we had to give you a decent rig JUST FOR PSO2, I would say you could get away with a build around the 600-700 range that would do you just fine. You 100% need a new computer at this point, as your processor is far behind current standards. Keylin's post was far too technical (I glossed over it tbh). Someone posted the GAF thread, and that's a very good start. I would recommend reading up about PC gaming in general. There's a very large library of games available to you on the platform, and you would do well to learn what you can build within a budget, and how long that rig will reasonably last you. Keep in mind, we have the tier 6 graphics coming soon, which don't look too much more intensive, but I would definitely say maybe wait until we get some good benchmarks from people around here. (Benchmarks are tests of how well your computer can handle the graphics in motion, and during combat, to boil that down.) This would give you a chance to have a bit more breathing room with your budget; who knows, maybe down the line you'll want to really get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yeah, your current processor is an AM2 socket, so it will be difficult to find a direct upgrade for it without also changing out your motherboard.
    If you aren't confident in building your own rig (which in most cases would be the ideal), you can get a prefab PC [something like this from BestBuy], then just replace the PSU if it's not at least 500w, probably install a new CPU cooler, install a GPU, and that should work fine. (The big issue is that it will come with a bunch of preloaded software, but you can get rid of most of it easily)

Awesome! Im gonna check it out right now, thanks man!!
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    A good price is set by you. But if we had to give you a decent rig JUST FOR PSO2, I would say you could get away with a build around the 600-700 range that would do you just fine. You 100% need a new computer at this point, as your processor is far behind current standards. Keylin's post was far too technical (I glossed over it tbh). Someone posted the GAF thread, and that's a very good start. I would recommend reading up about PC gaming in general. There's a very large library of games available to you on the platform, and you would do well to learn what you can build within a budget, and how long that rig will reasonably last you. Keep in mind, we have the tier 6 graphics coming soon, which don't look too much more intensive, but I would definitely say maybe wait until we get some good benchmarks from people around here. (Benchmarks are tests of how well your computer can handle the graphics in motion, and during combat, to boil that down.) This would give you a chance to have a bit more breathing room with your budget; who knows, maybe down the line you'll want to really get into it.
    I've seen someone mention the tier 6 graphics before on this thread, but a im little confused on what that is exactly.
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGunz2345 View Post
    I've seen someone mention the tier 6 graphics before on this thread, but a im little confused on what that is exactly.
    It's a new graphics setting that's coming with the PS4 version.

A new setting that puts everything in cling wrap

Spoiler!

But if you want to go all the way to make PSO2 look pretty, the sky's the limit. There's Inspector/RadeonPro + SweetFX + a buncha other things you can do with a higher end system.
    Last edited by Selphea; Feb 24, 2016 at 05:33 AM.

Don't buy a prebuilt if possible. If you pick your own parts (that you chose carefully) it'll be both better AND cheaper, wont hurt to have someone who can put it all together if you're not confident.

As for what to buy - do not get new GPU if you're short on dosh, you can always grab one later and the one you have isn't that bad. Updating just CPU and/or memory wont really help and you'll be throwing away money in the long run. With CPU you usually get new motherboard too, so thus it'll be new PC. If your PSU is 500W you might wanna try to save on it and just get yourself CPU+Motherboard+RAM and use old PSU, graphic card, HDD, case.

If you want quad core, get i5 but you might want to get dual-core because those aren't bad and good ones are enough for modern games. Updating CPU will probably mean getting new CPU fan for that socket as well (if you don't get one with CPU, those might be good or very bad). You want 8GB (4+4, 2 sticks in one package) DDR3 RAM, I think it's optimal for current gaming PCs. Motherboard, get somewhat decent (not expensive, but not the cheapest) from ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte (or maybe other more or less good manufacturers) with compatible with processor socket, same memory type (ddr3) and it being more or less modern (latest chipset). If buying new PSU, go for 650W and don't save there, good ones will serve you for years, bad ones will die faster and in case of power fault might fry your motherboard and maybe something else, so don't save on those if you're buying new. btw prebuild PCs PSUs are usually shit and are "just enough" for that rig. For videocard, don't update it if you'll be playing PSO2 only, but if not get yourself current gen videocard and it'll serve you for years (till new consoles hit the market and it won't be in years).