Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default More info on skill rings

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/02/160220a.html

Hunter Gear Save for Hunter weapons
    Right rings that imitate Critical Strike, Perfect Keeper, PP Convert, Killing Bonus, Massive Hunter, Photon Flare, and EPPR field. Restrictive on what classes can equip them. (There's a tease that you could manipulate class combos to have rings stack with their original skills?)
    Boost Slayer, a skill that was in the datamine for quite awhile, is now a skill ring. Equippable on all classes. Sounds like the Challenger skill in MH.
    DS Kamaitachi only has a chance to occur, not guaranteed. TD Chase sounds best for fighter left ring IMO.

Massive Hunter on other classes sounds quite broken.

Twin daggers chase is the most interesting of that list for me; if it means that one no longer needs Symphonic Drive or Raging Waltz to stay on a target.

Killing Bonus on melee classes >_>;

Critical Strike is much needed, critical builds are crap unless you're fighter main and have a weapon that boosts critical damage. I hope that will make critical builds on gunner or bouncer more useful.

Pretty sure that most rings will operate on proc chance thing, that's why they can be grinded to +20.

There is a chance that High Time's bonus will not be lost after being attacked once... High Time Keep ring doesn't sound like it's something to hold on to.

Now frontal S-Roll sounds useful. Being able to move forward in the air while recovering PP instead of losing it is way overdue.

Sounds like Orbit weapons may not be as mandatory if all classes now have access to Killing Bonus and PP Conversion when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Critical Strike is much needed, critical builds are crap unless you're fighter main and have a weapon that boosts critical damage. I hope that will make critical builds on gunner or bouncer more useful.
    Seems like it says that the Critical Strike ring will only be equippable by non-fighters and will only affect melee attacks. No critical builds for Rangers and Forces. Damn it, should have scrolled down. Three rings that do the exact same thing, but for different damage types. :/
    Last edited by Sp-24; Feb 25, 2016 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Three rings that do the exact same thing, but for different damage types. :/
    I can see gu benefiting alot with this, gu/hu crit build could be a thing, and also, crit ring might also help SU/(BR/FI), with the crit damage parfait, gain alot more dmg, that's if pets are gonna be affected by the rings.
    Last edited by arokidaaron; Feb 25, 2016 at 03:29 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I wonder if CriticalStrikeRing / PerfectKeeperRing can apply to Zanverse .....
    I believe CriticalStrike and PerfectKeeper originally can affect Zanverse's damage, no? ._.
    GuTe + BlitzFender + CriticalStrike for "leech"-power MAAX?

KillingBonusRing with Lv10 KillingBonus on Ra ..... I wonder if that'll mean infinite PP for mobbing as GuRa? ._.

Definitely wanna try CriticalStrikeRing on my GuRa (got maxed ZRC) ._.

Kinda curious with JG-xRing ...... does that count ChargeParrying too? Guarding by charging PA might fill the Gear.
    Last edited by final_attack; Feb 25, 2016 at 03:33 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

It doesn't look like rings will stack with the skills they mimic. Though the article writer is just as curious about subbing Ra and putting on the Killing Bonus ring as we are.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, let's just see once it's implemented

Also wanted to try using PerfectKeeperRing for Fi-main .....
    My Fi-main is just an alt (120 on Weapon and 110 on units), so it need more damage boost -cries-in-corner-
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Fusing Fashion and Function.

I'm still unsure about how I feel. Rings seem like a good addition, but wouldn't it just add ANOTHER layer to confusing new players and making content even easier? It's not like the game was hard, unless they build new content around having good rings, it just sounds like this is gonna be a way to shave off a few seconds from the current records.

So skill imitate ring can only be used by proper classes or the reverse? I cannot read moonrunes and Google crapslate gives something like "Fighter ony equipment not"
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    Fusing Fashion and Function.

I'm still unsure about how I feel. Rings seem like a good addition, but wouldn't it just add ANOTHER layer to confusing new players and making content even easier? It's not like the game was hard, unless they build new content around having good rings, it just sounds like this is gonna be a way to shave off a few seconds from the current records.
    Well they're doing everything to prevent themselves from raising the level cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.