Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Hunter Gear Save/ JG Sonic Arrow and Perfect Keeper Melee, PP Convert or something. Sword normals hit hard, so Attack Advance is a sort of attractive option but over those other two? Nah.

My current tree isn't really built for Critical Strike but I guess if its good enough then I could rework a tree around it. This is of course assuming you can even use Critical Strike as a HuFi, it might be locked due to the sub fighter.

Leaning towards Perfect Keeper Melee so far.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Feb 25, 2016 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    Perfect keeper melee looks so much desirable than critical strike. Don't have to spec tree for crits.

Drools at Katana gear release. Purple bravers everywhere.

(Maybe FI can now use swords with hunter gear save, just maybe)
    Well I can see the critical strike rings being stronger since PK is so easy to keep up.
    If it is, then Bouncer, Gunner, and maybe Braver could afford it to get more much needed damage out. Fighter can't equip it and HU main shouldn't bother unless they sacrifice automate for fury crit

Hunter Gear Save is gonna be mediocre for Hu/Fi, but I am a swordsman and biased. Guilty Break dashing ring.

Fi/Hu is gonna get interesting because apparently gheaven says R rings are disabled for the use on weapons of the class the skill is taken from. Which means crit strike is disabled on Fighter weapons. PK on TMGs (I don't know if rifle counts). Basically say hi to Fi/Hu with WLs/Volg and double crit strike and Hunter Gear Save. Hey even Sword might be good once all class 13* come.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Hunter Gear Save is gonna be mediocre for Hu/Fi, but I am a swordsman and biased. Guilty Break dashing ring.

Fi/Hu is gonna get interesting because apparently gheaven says R rings are disabled for the use on weapons of the class the skill is taken from. Which means crit strike is disabled on Fighter weapons. PK on TMGs (I don't know if rifle counts). Basically say hi to Fi/Hu with WLs/Volg and double crit strike and Hunter Gear Save. Hey even Sword might be good once all class 13* come.
    You sure it's disabled on the main weapons for that class? It looked to me like it said that it's not equippable by the class, not that it can't be used with that class' equipment. gheaven wonders the same thing we do: whether Br/Ra will be able to use Killing Bonus ring with the skill, so I think it's not related to weapons.

Actually I am not sure at all. I remember seeing 武器 there when first visiting but now but now I see 装備不可. Anyway it's 100% theorycraft. Hu/Fi getting cheated out of crit strike because of Fighter sub would just leave PK and maybe Killing Bonus. Sega might also just decide to put retarded numerical values for skills and turn everything upside down.

Boy I hope those rings aren't tough to obtain, I'm already drooling over the Massive Hunter, Killing Bonus, PP Convert and TD Air Chase ones.

Depending on how much it slows the gear loss, Gear Save could be very useful for swords, particularly in things like TD. Losing gear because you couldn't hit things for long enough can seriously damage your combat ability (and guilty break's distance being shortened by lost gear exacerbates this) and in the chaos of TD where things can regularly be pulled from you or they die before you get there this can happen annoyingly often.

I'm only using TD as an example, mind, it apples to MPAs in general particularly where the mobs are getting spawnkilled. I doubt Sword is ever going to be amazingly practical there due to how sword gear works (and yes even if you can instantly max gear with Sonic arrow you're still burdened with having to "warm up" before you get your full power out, whereas Force and Summoner can mob as well if not better than you without the need for the warm up).

That said, I have my doubts the actual save will be big enough to make that much of a difference in these scenarios. Remains to be seen how much help this will be for Partizan mains and the mythical Wired Lance mains.

For solo play, yeah Gear Save is not gonna help sword HuFi out even if the save was tremendous. For solo sword HuFi of the options there I'm kinda thinking JG/Sonic Arrow may be it, though it depends on how it interacts with Charge Parrying.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Feb 25, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

Sword Gear trouble is exaggerated. I doubt you could do anything to spawns that die after you are done doing one Sonic Arrow already. You wouldn't have enough time to even fully charge Nova Strike.

If we get good multiclass 13* then Fi/Hu Sword should be stronger than Hu/Fi in many situations with 200% PP gain in LB and stacking all these multipliers and satk. Probably is gonna dominate any boss solos that you can already do in around 1 minute.

Depends on if they can use that ring. It states that Fury Gear needs to be satisfied and Fighter can't use Fury Gear. So its a question of "what do they mean by satisfying Fury Gear". I mean even for main HuFi it isn't clear if they have to actually have SP invested in Fury Gear or not.

Also even if the issues are exaggerated, you gotta admit that having an instant cast Guilty Break for longer after a wave would be potentially nice.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Feb 25, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

The Sonic Arrow ring is unlikely to work with other sources of Guard Point, since automatically doing the PA would hurt things like Ignite Parrying. But the game refers to every instance of Guard Point as JG, so who knows.