Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lunamaniac View Post
    Thanks for posting and giving this explanation. While still unclear, it's nice that someone involved has stated that they are planning to do something about this situation.

That said, wouldn't a really simple thing to do be changing the wording on the web money page of the arks-layer website? It's blatantly misleading even though it doesn't need to be. In my opinion, it seems the main reason people get suspicious - to the extent of claiming the whole thing is a scam is because they feel lied to. Wording like "instant" is just completely wrong, especially in the context of the internet where transactions are often actually instant.

If people actually knew what they were getting into I think there would be a lot less worrying and more mutual support for the service as a whole.
    I want to think this would be true.

I'm afraid that most people would probably turn away from Arks Layer simply by virtue of the delivery time. They only bought initially because the small wait was a minuscule price to pay for knowing they're supporting us in what we're doing.

If we advertised that their delivery would take months and be done on our own time, I doubt we'd have ever gotten any orders since the moment we decided to make that change. Close to almost universally, people would simply get their AC elsewhere because it's on a need-to-have basis 90%+ of the time with people buying it.

Unfortunately, the issue goes way deeper, I'm obliged to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I want to think this would be true.

I'm afraid that most people would probably turn away from Arks Layer simply by virtue of the delivery time. They only bought initially because the small wait was a minuscule price to pay for knowing they're supporting us in what we're doing.

If we advertised that their delivery would take months and be done on our own time, I doubt we'd have ever gotten any orders since the moment we decided to make that change. Close to almost universally, people would simply get their AC elsewhere because it's on a need-to-have basis 90%+ of the time with people buying it.

Unfortunately, the issue goes way deeper, I'm obliged to admit.
    I think it's hard to estimate which approach is better. Expanding a little, when I said "all round support" I didn't just mean on a directly monetary basis. Right now, PSO2 is hard to find by accident in the English speaking world.

People who find arks layer are generally either Phantasy Star enthusiasts prepared to do research, or people referred by their friends. People capable of finding the site and subsequently this service on their own will tend to be pretty savvy. They'll check what other people think about the service before investing.

When they look, currently what they see are anxious enquiries and complaints. Since the wording is misleading the service is hard to defend and it genuinely makes me a little sad how quick people are to dismiss it. For those with friends, they'll relay their own experiences which if personal are likely negative.

Your niche target audience are people who find arks layer through pure coincidence and don't think too much before buying web money through a potentially suspicious 3rd party website. Savvy people with misconceptions who slip through will try to get refunded or do everything they can to make contact - which I imagine further clogs up the system.

It's hard to quantify what business you may have missed, or whether it would be more profitable to explain the service in a more honest way - but if you do run a more honest service you will receive a more positive reception from the wider PSO2 community. They will be aware of your service and its limitations, meaning people researching will be likely to find more recommendations than damning moral criticism.

Your customers can make an informed decision, and are likely to recommend it to people they know. It will improve your credibility.

If slightly altering the wording on the site causes an immediate nose dive in transactions, then you can change it back to a more misleading wording (or maybe just hide the information a little). Not ideal, but I really don't think you have a lot to lose by trying.

Of course, it is true that it could take a while for people to adjust to your new approach and for you to start seeing the benefits.

Thanks for reading.

Also, I'm not suggesting that the page should read "THIS SERVICE IS KIND OF BAD, BUT PLEASE USE US ANYWAY". More like "There are times when we're not able to keep up with all orders, and your web money may be delayed in extreme cases for up to a few months" at the end of the page, after removing all the "instant" buzzwords. I just think that respecting an audience capable of finding you could possibly pay off. You'd definitely get more return customers.
    Last edited by lunamaniac; Feb 27, 2016 at 09:09 PM.

I think it's hard to estimate which approach is better. Expanding a little, when I said "all round support" I didn't just mean on a directly monetary basis. Right now, PSO2 is hard to find by accident in the English speaking world.

People who find arks layer are generally either Phantasy Star enthusiasts prepared to do research, or people referred by their friends. People capable of finding the site and subsequently this service on their own will tend to be pretty savvy. They'll check what other people think about the service before investing.

When they look, currently what they see are anxious enquiries and complaints. Since the wording is misleading the service is hard to defend and it genuinely makes me a little sad how quick people are to dismiss it. For those with friends, they'll relay their own experiences which if personal are likely negative.

Your niche target audience are people who find arks layer through pure coincidence and don't think too much before buying web money through a potentially suspicious 3rd party website. Savvy people with misconceptions who slip through will try to get refunded or do everything they can to make contact - which I imagine further clogs up the system.

It's hard to quantify what business you may have missed, or whether it would be more profitable to explain the service in a more honest way - but if you do run a more honest service you will receive a more positive reception from the wider PSO2 community. They will be aware of your service and its limitations, meaning people researching will be likely to find more recommendations than damning moral criticism.

Your customers can make an informed decision, and are likely to recommend it to people they know. It will improve your credibility.

If slightly altering the wording on the site causes an immediate nose dive in transactions, then you can change it back to a more misleading wording (or maybe just hide the information a little). Not ideal, but I really don't think you have a lot to lose by trying.

Of course, it is true that it could take a while for people to adjust to your new approach and for you to start seeing the benefits.

Thanks for reading.

Also, I'm not suggesting that the page should read "THIS SERVICE IS KIND OF BAD, BUT PLEASE USE US ANYWAY". More like "There are times when we're not able to keep up with all orders, and your web money may be delayed in extreme cases for up to a few months" at the end of the page, after removing all the "instant" buzzwords. I just think that respecting an audience capable of finding you could possibly pay off. You'd definitely get more return customers.
    The point I was making was that at one point, the site wasn't telling a lie. We did deliver in time frames of instant-2 days.

It just hasn't been changed to reflect the poor downhill progression of Arks Layers management in this sector. We didn't initially put that up as a lie for future sales, we really did have a long stretch of fast deliveries after we launched the system.

That's what I'll be making a statement about : why.

The point I was making was that at one point, the site wasn't telling a lie. We did deliver in time frames of instant-2 days.

It just hasn't been changed to reflect the poor downhill progression of Arks Layers management in this sector. We didn't initially put that up as a lie for future sales, we really did have a long stretch of fast deliveries after we launched the system.

That's what I'll be making a statement about : why.
    So I understand, and I'm not trying to get at you for not updating your status right away.

Well, I'm looking forward to that why.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

People capable of finding the site and subsequently this service on their own will tend to be pretty savvy. They'll check what other people think about the service before investing.
    Apparently not, if people are still trying to buy despite the repeated reports of not getting codes in reasonable timeframes.
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

It really should be a sticky about other places to buy from instead of having a constant topic appear about why Arks Layer takes a bit to get back to them, for AC.

Hey.

In the next 20 hours or so you will have a statement from me on this whole situation.
    I can't seem to find that statement and in a few hours it will be past the 48 hours mark.

Let me get this straight: It was weekend worlwide, that 20 hours ended at around 6am JST if i'm not wrong and you probaly still have a full-time job as a teacher and wanted to get some sleep.

So why not say: "I need to work out a few things under the hood and will make statement about this whole situation in the next 48-72 hours" or just say in the next week, why give some unrealistic timeframe?

For my part, I'd be willing to buy a little each month via Arks-Layer even *with* the long lead times just to help fund things like tweaker development, hosting resources, and other generally beneficial things you guys do.

My goodwill toward Arks-Layer has been significantly eroded by the fact that it's taking so long to get something that was advertised as being available quickly. This is, in effect, a scam, even though that's not the intent (and I still believe that, even now).

Right now I have no plans to buy any more via Arks Layer, because the page is deceptive. Even if it wasn't intended to be a lie, it has become one and Arks Layer knows it. By not updating the page, this has become willfull deception.

Come clean, update your page to reflect the true nature of things, and I'm sure there are others like myself who would divert a portion of their AC purchase budget through your hands.

Right now all you are doing is alienating your would-be supporters.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business

^seriously, i just want my AC i dont like being scammed even tho its not intended to be a scam. This time around I think webmoney (AC) could really come in handy now that i own my own debit card and trying to do all the crap I couldnt do without premium, such as getting a damn 10+ star wep pass lol
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

there's no money because the bit-coins all evaporated