Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: U.N fails again

No, "just don't look" is precisely what the situation calls for. As I've said before, a foreign body attempting to influence a sovereign nation is dangerous and subversive, and should be shut down purely on principle.

You've already highlighted the #1 problem here, not "who decides?" but,"How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?" This is a giant warning sign that should not be taken lightly. Especially when the person in question is a leftist idealogue itching to make their mark on history.

In reality, this is the exact opposite of "over-simplified", this is a matter of making mountains out of molehills.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

I'm glad Photon Drop gets it. Unless I read her post correctly.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    No, "just don't look" is precisely what the situation calls for. As I've said before, a foreign body attempting to influence a sovereign nation is dangerous and subversive, and should be shut down purely on principle.

You've already highlighted the #1 problem here, not "who decides?" but,"How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?" This is a giant warning sign that should not be taken lightly. Especially when the person in question is a leftist idealogue itching to make their mark on history.

In reality, this is the exact opposite of "over-simplified", this is a matter of making mountains out of molehills.
    Last I checked, Japan is a member of the UN, so suggesting it's a foreign body trying to influence a sovereign nation is misleading to the point of being inaccurate. Japan pledged to join the UN to become part of an intergovernmental body for a variety of reasons and doing so doesn't make them immune to criticism from within that organization.

If you just have issues with the UN, then whatever, but please don't misrepresent things like the relationship between the UN and Japan in an attempt to prop up your argument.

You're suggesting that you're against any sort of limits on what people can say or create but I'm assuming you're exaggerating for effect. You don't think it's okay to shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater with the knowledge that doing so will create a stampede, right? Like, you don't actually support the creation of sexual material featuring real-life minors, right?

Assuming that's the case, then you're also arguing for rules that fit in with "How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?". Obviously my example are the classic extremes in free speech discussions, but the point of them is to show that the hard line of "no speech should be disallowed" isn't actually a realistic argument in a functioning society.

(I'm also not sure who the "leftist idealogue" you're referring to is. I don't recall seeing a specific name attached to the proposal, but I apologize if I missed that.)

That being said: I do agree that - as far as I know - this issue isn't really a major problem, but I also don't exactly claim to be an expert on Japanese culture.

You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm*

If you want to know more than I suggest you watch Sargon of akkad. He'll fill you in on this stuff.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm*

If you want to know more than I suggest you watch Sargon of akkad. He'll fill you in on this stuff.

I have no words for this.
    While I don't agree with Outrider on most of the topics in here, it seems like he is more informed and does better research than you.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm
    I think he might. There is an article that someone linked here that posted that the mods here were SJWs since a thread about DOAX3 was closed. Consequently, he is also aware about how that term is thrown around for very petty reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    snip
    I think you are the one that misunderstands the relationship the UN has with its member nations. Japan is a part of the UN, the UN is not Japan. The United Nations' charter does not grant it the authority to impose on the domestic affairs of any state unless it's a matter of international security. Hurt feelings, especially from people on the other side of the world, is not a human rights crisis.

Do not misconstrue my words as a problem with the UN. My problem is with people that make an appeal to authority when there is none to be found.

I won't name any names in regards to the leftist idealogue. All I will say is that I had false information about a certain someone, who is extremely invested in seeing misogyny where it doesn't exist, being appointed to the UN. If it were true, you could bet your ass they would be put on such a committee.

Free speech is a very nuanced issue. Forgive me, but I don't feel like delving into it any further.

I'm no expert on Japanese culture either. To my understanding, otakus are stigmatized enough. The entire investigation hinges on whether or not Loli Tentacle Rape High School leads to cases of real sexual assault. The very notion seems preposterous when you consider that far too many young men are dropping out of society all together. They have forsaken "3D" women in favor of their waifus, to the point where the nation is suffering a decline in birth rates. The last thing they need are some harpies from a different nation shrieking at them over imagined slights. Frankly I should have raised this point from the very beginning.

snip
    Yikes. Calm down there, dude.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    I think you are the one that misunderstands the relationship the UN has with its member nations. Japan is a part of the UN, the UN is not Japan. The United Nations' charter does not grant it the authority to impose on the domestic affairs of any state unless it's a matter of international security. Hurt feelings, especially from people on the other side of the world, is not a human rights crisis.

Do not misconstrue my words as a problem with the UN. My problem is with people that make an appeal to authority when there is none to be found.

I won't name any names in regards to the leftist idealogue. All I will say is that I had false information about a certain someone, who is extremely invested in seeing misogyny where it doesn't exist, being appointed to the UN. If it were true, you could bet your ass they would be put on such a committee.

Free speech is a very nuanced issue. Forgive me, but I don't feel like delving into it any further.

I'm no expert on Japanese culture either. To my understanding, otakus are stigmatized enough. The entire investigation hinges on whether or not Loli Tentacle Rape High School leads to cases of real sexual assault. The very notion seems preposterous when you consider that far too many young men are dropping out of society all together. They have forsaken "3D" women in favor of their waifus, to the point where the nation is suffering a decline in birth rates. The last thing they need are some harpies from a different nation shrieking at them over imagined slights. Frankly I should have raised this point from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    I have no words for this.
    While I don't agree with Outrider on most of the topics in here, it seems like he is more informed and does better research than you.
    I admit that I've been brash when choosing my words wisely while I've tried to explain the issues. My bad and I'll do better research. I'm just edgy about what's going on.

U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/
    Rewriting Noblewine's opening post's first sentence to Academic English would be:

"U.N attempted to enact a commercial trade embargo against the nation of Japan covering manga and video games."

I want you to find the page on the main U.N website that actually has the discussion on the matter. I've been to all the major subdivisions of the U.N website including UNPAN itself and when I type in Anime, nothing pops up.

I also want you to find the actual abstract documentation of the council-session in which the discussion of a commercial trade-embargo against Japan is in deliberation covering these articles.

The U.N had nothing to with a petition being written on Change.Org meaning that naming this thread "U.N fails again" when the petition does not even meet the guidelines listed in the U.N Charter to even be opened to a consideration vote is a proof of your lack of education.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"