Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Does the story from PSO2 relate to anything from PSO?

I been googling trying to find out but I can't really find anything.

Is PSO2 more relate able to PSU than PSO1?

Nope, it's in a different universe.
    From ship 1 with love!

its just a game bro!
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I think the word "universe" is relative when it comes to PS at this point given all the subspace stuff that's happening now. You've got characters from Ragol and Gurhal running around with the Arks. Not to mention the whole Earth thing opens the can of worms for Algol if certain events take place there.

Well vopar is apparantly in the past because of the limited quest we played where rico and flowen were fighting and the music plays so the vr people in episode 2 of pso1 are actually in the future, and the sequel is the prequel because of the photons.

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    Well vopar is apparantly in the past because of the limited quest we played where rico and flowen were fighting and the music plays so the vr people in episode 2 of pso1 are actually in the future, and the sequel is the prequel because of the photons.
    So PSO2 is before PSO1?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    I think the word "universe" is relative when it comes to PS at this point given all the subspace stuff that's happening now. You've got characters from Ragol and Gurhal running around with the Arks. Not to mention the whole Earth thing opens the can of worms for Algol if certain events take place there.
    Why does anyone thing any of this is canon?

I'm pretty sure they said it was some type of dimensional mishmash that caused what was going on there. From the very beginning, it was intended to be non canon...

Quote Originally Posted by djknitex View Post
    So PSO2 is before PSO1?
    No, Sega does not care about working on a related timeline for the series, they prefer to make their own thing on each game so they don't have to deal with contradictions that would eventually be found by the fans that care.

PSU was only related to PSO in some kind of wibbly wobbly subspace travel, and the effects of that quest actually changed the events in Ragol = Falz was defeated before it actually killed Rico and infected Flowen, and some way, in some unrelated to the story of PSO2 events, characters from PSU (PSP2i) appear in the ARKS ships and Emergency Quests, but there's also people from 7-11, there are Vocaloids, or even real singers like Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. All of this, of course, completely outside of Story events.