Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sef...SEF

What kind of games do you crazy kids play nowadays anyway

I'm waiting for Dark Souls 3 to come out. Though I haven't bothered to play 2 at all... Aside from that and the annual Pokemon releases, I don't really play much these days. I've been trying to cut back on my game time to pursue other things.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

2 gets a bad rep but it's really worth the playthru, it's pretty damn good with the new sins edition.

I'm waitin for 3 too. it's hard . . .

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Oh, I'm just sitting here being annoyed that everyone plays FFXIV, but nobody is on the server I'm on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Oh, I'm just sitting here being annoyed that everyone plays FFXIV, but nobody is on the server I'm on.
    Leviathan #1

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    What kind of games do you crazy kids play nowadays anyway
    Guild Wars 2 and I am not in any guild because the irony amuses me.

Warframe... closest thing I will get to a HUcaseal and besides there is one class called Mag >.>

Xenoblade Chronicles X this game is so much a fancy PSO its a must play.

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl View Post
    Guild Wars 2 and I am not in any guild because the irony amuses me.

Warframe... closest thing I will get to a HUcaseal and besides there is one class called Mag >.>

Xenoblade Chronicles X this game is so much a fancy PSO its a must play.
    ;o teh Sen playz all theze?
    i feel so restrained w/my so limited free time =_=
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I keep hearing good things about Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I haven't played it. I hated Xenoblade, And X looks like it's more of the same thing (but cooler), so I'm hesitant to jump in.

It's fun, I threw down for the special edition. But I won't lie, the grind is real. It takes many hours of play before you even unlock the ability to have mechs, and then you have to start worrying about insurance policies on them. You have to set up mining probes throughout the map and then invest minerals in weapons and armor manufacturing companies so they pump out new models, but you can't just buy them. Instead you have to go out and kill and hunt down creeps to gather parts to make the weapons yourself, and that's assuming you have a high enough level to wield them. The downside is various weapon industries support various types of weapons (gravity based, beam based, heat based, etc.) however only certain classes give you attack arts that actually boost proficiency with these attributes, meaning you want to invest in companies that best suit your attack arts. Leveling up team members you can add to your party is also a chore, as you much take them out individually and battle with them and level them up, as opposed to Xenoblade Chronicles where everyone just leveled up with you at a slight slower pace. So a lot of side grinding is involved. The story is so-so as far as I've gotten into it, but I have not been able to sink enough time into the game to beat it due to the sheer amount of grind to beat it. It is not a game where you can just blow through the main story campaign missions. You absolutely will have to do sidequests or just mindlessly kill hordes of enemies, your call.

The multiplayer function is sadly weaker than it could be. You get dropped into a server with some 32 other players or so. Everyone has their own maps and such. But there's a global counter for taking down certain enemies, up to five different ones. Once the global community on that block has taken down so many of each category, instanced based missions open up where you can join actual players and fight together in real time to take down monsters and finally a boss, with boosted drop rates throughout. The problem is you're only allowed one instance per unlock, so if you don't immediately jump on the bandwagon you can get left out. Further, the more groups of enemies that get wiped out, the higher the level you have to be to enter the next set of instance missions, which is rather irksome. It makes it difficult to truly interact with other players. The combat is fun though, existing largely on cooldown based abilities called arts, and you get bonus to your attack power based on how you combo them together as well as letting them over charge before activating them. On one hand I get this, but I kinda feel like it detracts from the flow of what could be faster paced and more fun combat. The environmental art is really something, along with the creature designs. Many monsters show up that are incredibly high level that you can't even touch until you have significantly progressed in the game or have a mech suit. Thankfully, many of the really giant ones are non-aggro and you don't have to fear them. So they add quite well to the sort of wonderlust the game pulls off really well.
    Last edited by Sord; Jun 6, 2016 at 06:54 PM.