Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well some say summoner is hot garbage and ep4 feels like it was made while smoking some lucky charms pot. Oh and lets not forget fishing for empty cans or mining for tomatoes!? Dude, like actually mining city streets for soybeans... On top you need enough exp to level to like what? level 70? to be able to grind a ring to +20 (with chances of failure to add more salt) for extremely dumbed down skills.

You have to be crazy to spend AC (i heard cost increases each usage?) for 10 more chances of soybeans, shrimps, tomatoes, empty cans, etc. (is it considered p2w when you get rolled at the same time?)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    The stupid part was making basewear into tickets and as a result, limiting their circulation through the economy.
    Funny seeing panties go for over 10M meseta for simply being a ticket with 0 re-sale value. With all these un-wise decisions/planning its no surprise their AC sales are dropping faster than rocks on water.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Layered Wear would increase AC Scratch sales, not decrease it...

AC Scratches being worth more meseta = incentive to scratch. The majority of people never actually scratch for an outfit, it's for meseta to get outfits and LAs. That being said though, the "better" the items, the more people will want to scratch because "it's bound to be worth a lot of meseta". While Layered Wear is expensive, it's expensive because people are buying it.

Furthermore, scratch sales have been on the decline since before Episode 4, it's not a recent thing. All the changes to scratches since Episode 4 are responses to the lowering sales to try and get people to scratch more (layered wear ticket system, bonus scratch items, etc).
    People saying Layered Wear may be referring to it further bloating the AC scratches prize pool and making it harder to get things that are worth decent meseta and not male only? I'm not sure if the number of things per AC scratch has actually increased all that much but I do have friends who scratch that complain of them feeling bloated

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl200Mag View Post
    People saying Layered Wear may be referring to it further bloating the AC scratches prize pool and making it harder to get things that are worth decent meseta and not male only? I'm not sure if the number of things per AC scratch has actually increased all that much but I do have friends who scratch that complain of them feeling bloated
    Yeah, the bloat is a big part of it. All those accessories and inner wear no one cares about for every layered outfit are kinda getting in the way.

I'm pretty sure that Layered Wear would increase AC Scratch sales, not decrease it...

AC Scratches being worth more meseta = incentive to scratch. The majority of people never actually scratch for an outfit, it's for meseta to get outfits and LAs. That being said though, the "better" the items, the more people will want to scratch because "it's bound to be worth a lot of meseta". While Layered Wear is expensive, it's expensive because people are buying it.

Furthermore, scratch sales have been on the decline since before Episode 4, it's not a recent thing. All the changes to scratches since Episode 4 are responses to the lowering sales to try and get people to scratch more (layered wear ticket system, bonus scratch items, etc).
    The issue is people like to look at supply and demand to determine price, when it's more complicated than that - price also effects demand, and supply/demand aren't codependent. Basically, while you can theoretically get better value because there's less supply, if the price is set too high people won't bother buying and your demand will crash. That's external market control that keeps prices in check - at the end of the day, things are only worth what people will actually pay for them, no matter what the supply/demand relation tells you the value should be.

When the average person scratching is hoping for something they'll be able to sell, they put themselves at the mercy of the market, and the logic basically boils down to "I hope a lot of people want this because I sure don't". You need buyers for a system like this to thrive, and higher cost on AC leads to lower supply and fewer sellers(with increased concentration of sellers), raising prices to a level where demand recedes as buyers lose interest - which in turn can lead to two reactions; undercut creeping where sellers lower prices just to move product and make ANY return, or sunken cost inflation where prices skyrocket as a means to compensate for how few units actually sell.

It's... Just not a very good system, to be making the changes they have been.

EDIT: Sorry, tl;dr - people are buying now, but if prices keep going up while item quality stagnates, the buyer pool will dry up.
    Last edited by Choppenstantz; Mar 26, 2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to actually relate my point back to the quote. My bad.

- Bloating scratch lineup
    - Base and Inner being character-bound
    - A set of layered wear being way too expensive compared to normal costume

Sure it'll may boost scratch sales in few week or month, but it'll reclining in no time due to broken player-to-player economy.
    I see nothing good about the entire new system but badly designed and shortsighted cashgrab.

If this keeping up, we'll be reaching SEA-tier of player shop economy.
    Last edited by wefwq; Mar 26, 2016 at 12:32 AM.

It's really not surprising in the slightest that sales are going down. I mean, I personally never bought AC for anything more than item expansion packs and premium until last week when I decided to try my luck at getting Nobles.

The layered wear system was a mistake in every way imaginable:

1. It's a ticket system, so have fun dressing up multiple characters! It was bad enough hairs and accessories had that issue, but now our outfits when it originally didn't? Fuck outta here.

2. You only get one piece of a layered outfit in regular scratch. So, the pool of stuff you can acquire is larger, thus, the chance of getting something you want is now much lower! Great!

3. The layered outfits as of thus far, mostly shitty for my type of taste. It wasn't until Planet Explorer scratch that they finally made something that caught my eye which was Lady Tacker. And it wasn't even the entire outfit at that, just the Basewear. The amount of crap cute casual wear is really out of hand, I want some more badass looking outfits like Active Camisole, Admiral Marine, and Vivid Punkish. I'm really really REALLY tired of the, "Uguu~ Desu~" cute loli, little girl, whatever you wanna call it outfits. Where's the pants? Why are there so many skirts? Is having more unique hair styles that aren't twin tails too much to ask for? Does Sega hate us?

...Do they think everyone wants to look like this?

Spoiler!

But ultimately what damns the entire system for me and likely a lot of other players, is that it's just simply too expensive to work with layered wear. As someone that doesn't have the money to scratch nor the materials to make desirable fodders yet, I have to rely mostly on tacos and dailies, the former which was nerfed and the latter might as well be called stealth nerfed cause taco dailies rarely show up anymore as they've been mostly shoved out with shitty gathering ones. Like, the full Lady Tacker outfit reaches as high as 14m for the desirable colors in the set. When a popular outfit came out pre-layered wear, they were 5m-7m during release at most (except Cursed Coat, I guess?), but it hasn't even been a month and the price of Tacker is double that. I'm not gonna put any funds in this silly system when the previous one was clearly fine for the player. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't broken like this.

...there's also the EP 4 debacle and gathering money grabbing too, but that's besides the point.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

customers don't like limited systems? better bring more limited systems
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Correlation does not imply causation.

1. Sales were dropping for a while now
    2. EP4 rolls out
    3. "Guys it's totally EP4's fault"

I blame people getting tired of the game and to a lesser extent the economic situation of Japan, which means individual people may have less disposable income. This is why Sega is trying to bring in new players with the anime.

However.

PSO2 is one of Sega's most successful games. It generates massive income. Even with the income decreasing, the income is still a lot. The PSO2 anime is a massive commercial success too, despite its less than stellar quality (large parts of it due to Sega adding ingame bonuses to the BD release, but still). The game is doing fine. Thinking it's in trouble is just playing Chicken Little.

By the way:

To all the people who think Sega needs to put less sexy/cutesy scratch items in the game - are you kidding me? Those things sell like hotcakes. Maybe you personally don't like them, but you were never the target audience. The west is not the target audience either, and Sega doesn't care about expanding to non-JP markets. If an item isn't fanservicey or cute (and these two things are not the same but just for this post I'll lump them together), it sells for far less at the visiphone, because less people are interested in buying it. It also means less people are interested in rolling for it, so AC sales decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Correlation does not imply causation.

1. Sales were dropping for a while now
    2. EP4 rolls out
    3. "Guys it's totally EP4's fault"

I blame people getting tired of the game and to a lesser extent the economic situation of Japan, which means individual people may have less disposable income. This is why Sega is trying to bring in new players with the anime.

However.

PSO2 is one of Sega's most successful games. It generates massive income. Even with the income decreasing, the income is still a lot. The PSO2 anime is a massive commercial success too, despite its less than stellar quality (large parts of it due to Sega adding ingame bonuses to the BD release, but still). The game is doing fine. Thinking it's in trouble is just playing Chicken Little.

By the way:

To all the people who think Sega needs to put less sexy/cutesy scratch items in the game - are you kidding me? Those things sell like hotcakes. Maybe you personally don't like them, but you were never the target audience. The west is not the target audience either, and Sega doesn't care about expanding to non-JP markets. If an item isn't fanservicey or cute (and these two things are not the same but just for this post I'll lump them together), it sells for far less at the visiphone, because less people are interested in buying it. It also means less people are interested in rolling for it, so AC sales decrease.
    People keep blaming EP4 because of it's controversial contents, also it's all happening on this episode as well, it can't be helped but giving EP4 all the bad look.