Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cause of the recent EQ Lag?

Recently, EQs seem to be cursed with lag.
    I was wondering if Japanese players are also experiencing this lag and if we know the cause of it.
    I've never seen it this bad (and I'm not using a Proxy either). I just bailed on the White Day EQ after everyone was getting a full 15 seconds of lag. The game is just becoming unplayable.
    :/

Sorry if there's already a thread for this. I couldn't find it in a quick 2 minute search.

There's been atrocious amounts of lag for about 10 days now. Espescially during EQs. Everybody feels it, I hear japanese people complaining regularly about it.
    It's not only you.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I know it wasn't just me, but I wasn't sure if it was a western-only thing. So Japanese players complain about it too, huh? Lets hope SEGA fix it after the main.

They're experiencing the lag too.
    Spoiler!

Yeah there's been some lag for me as well, and I've seen some of the JP players I play with complain about it too, however, seems like the severity does seem to change from case to case, but there's no doubt that it's there. I haven't had any lag spikes big enough to really affect gameplay, just that I notice them, others aren't so lucky.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Yeah, the recent White Day EQ was baaaad... like extremely bad (On Ship 7, so I guess it's not just on Ship 2 and on other Ships?). I bailed too on 1st run, and only managed to get one more run in before the event finished. It was simply ridiculous to say the least (like every one was frozen and teleporting; I know it's not my internet because I checked Youtube Vids just in case and it worked fine).

The White Day that just happened was weird. First run, which lasted 15 minutes, started off fine, then ground to a halting slide show. The next 2 runs were perfectly fine though...

This kind of lag used to occur somewhere between 7 and 9am jst, with some people suggesting that it was caused by server backups being done. Now it seems to have recently been changed to 6am jst and Sega had the brilliant idea of continuing to schedule eqs despite the lag the process causes.

People were complaining about it in my white day mpas today too.

I know there's EQ lag and stuff lately but does anyone have to wait longer when you're switching map or is that just me? I get a noticeable delay until the fan-art appear. Normally the fan-art appear instantly and the load is really quick.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

I actually thought it was just me, i mean the last few PD EQs i sat through 5-10 minutes at the end trying to pick up items becuse i would freeze for 30 seconds then recover for 5 then back to 20 seconds. it just wouldn't go away, i think it may be because of massive item spam. but this is getting out of hand.

on top of that sometime si'll get random back to back Connection lost, which sucks really bad when you're waiting for an EQ in a full lobby.