This Overwatch thing is what's getting to me, though it's just the latest issue on the subject. Looking at the original post and the followup, it seems like the original complaint was that a female character was performing a fairly sexy victory stance which clashed with the character's personality, and Blizzard agreed and removed that stance from the game. What people got out of this was that the character was too sexy, and Blizzard censored the sexiness.

And this is what frustrates me. Both the stance and Blizzard's response are both the minorest of deals. But the internet has exploded on this, turning it from a design decision to a war against sexuality. People are making it about things that it's not about.
The stance wasn't removed because it's too sexy. In fact, even compared to what's already in the game, it's not all that sexy. It was removed because it was a character flaunting her sex appeal when she had no reason to. There's no problem with the character having sex appeal, but she's acting out of character when she poses like that. It's like Link stripping off his tunic and flexing his muscles after completing a dungeon; there's nothing wrong with Link appearing shirtless, but there's no reason for him to do it.
And Blizzard removing the stance isn't a statement on Blizzards take on sexuality. Blizzard's employees had already been discussing whether that stance worked or not, and that post was one of the things that made them decide against it.

Honestly, what I'm getting out of this is that people hate that every character isn't as overtly sexual as possible. And loads of female characters are already as sexualized as possible. Loads of Blizzard characters are already sexualized as possible. We have enough sexualization already, so stop trying to come up with excuses to be outraged at less sexualization. Allow women to play as something besides a male sex fantasy for once. Hell, allow me to play as something besides a male power fantasy or male sex fantasy. There are loads of neat character concepts that we're losing out on because females are required to be as sexy as possible because men keep on complaining that they aren't sexy enough. And I'm tired of my video game news feed being filled with people shaming companies for deciding against even more sexiness. I don't care about sexiness, I get sexiness wherever I look. I just want more Zelda WiiU and Nintendo NX information!