A wild Yami appears

Default Tweaker ERROR - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Hello, I'm a new user who is technically handicapped.

Currently, the story is not showing up in English language, and I believe it is because of an issue with the English Story Patch. Hence, I went in and tried to run the install again for that particular patch, and got this message in a popup:

"ERROR - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

I have followed many walkthroughs and guides, but if there was something addressing this issue specifically, I missed it (and is so, my apologies).

Any assistance you can offer in this matter is greatly appreciated!

- Yami
    Yes, this is my RL name, I am not a crazed, drooling anime fan.

Okay, well as to your initial issue, the story patch doesn't translate the opening movie or any of the events with Sierra; those are part of the Ep.4 update, and the story patch only translates Ep1-3 (and it seems that any work on Ep.4 is slow going). As to the second problem, try moving your PSO2 directory to another location or another HDD (you can simply cut and paste the entire folder, no need to reinstall).

A wild Yami appears

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

First, it was very helpful to know that the events with Sierra would not have translations! I was going off of that and thinking I'd done something wrong (well, that paired with the error message).

Secondly, I've moved everything as you recommended, and it seems to have fixed some things- there are additional things which are now showing translated.

Thanks again!

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but I have a similar "problem".
    I played this game like a year or so ago and I remember having most of the items names and descriptions translated, but now everything (even the Monomates) are in Japanese. Any idea why that might be?
    I used the tweaker for everything (downloading and patching), ran all the english patchs on the drop down menu and items are still in jap.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie00 View Post
    I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but I have a similar "problem".
    I played this game like a year or so ago and I remember having most of the items names and descriptions translated, but now everything (even the Monomates) are in Japanese. Any idea why that might be?
    I used the tweaker for everything (downloading and patching), ran all the english patchs on the drop down menu and items are still in jap.

Thanks in advance!
    Item translation has been moved to the Plugins button at the bottom of the orb menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Item translation has been moved to the Plugins button at the bottom of the orb menu.
    Thanks mate, now it is working perfectly fine. I sort of remember most of the icons on the regular stuff, but the tickets and such were a nightmare to tell apart.