Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tier 6 Graphics help.

Hi. I recently downloaded the PS4 version of the game and am really enjoying the fancy graphics. I kinda want to run the game like this on my PC as well but I think my graphics card is holding me back. Right now i can run the game at tier 5 with a pretty smooth frame rate of 40-50 fps. when i up it to tier 6 i get 20-30 fps and it just feels a bit weird to me. I don't think its my processor or anything so I wanted to know if anyone knows a relatively affordable upgrade for an radeon HD 6670 card that should be able to run tier 6 a bit better. any help would be appreciated.

Can't go wrong with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti. Your processor could be holding you back too, though.

i dunno. my processor is a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition so i think its pretty good.
    also, would the GTX 750 Ti work with my ASUS M5A97 motherboard? sorry im a bit stupid when it comes to the nitty gritty of PCs.
    Last edited by Zangor17; Apr 21, 2016 at 01:51 AM.

Make sure you have the latest drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
    i dunno. my processor is a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition so i think its pretty good.
    also, would the GTX 750 Ti work with my ASUS M5A97 motherboard? sorry im a bit stupid when it comes to the nitty gritty of PCs.
    Yes. A PCI-E 3.0 card is backwards compatible with the 2.0 on that board, it just has less bandwidth to take advantage of..however the 750ti won't be using up all the bandwidth of a 2.0 slot, let alone a 3.0 slot, so it won't matter.

thanks for the help. this card seems like a good upgrade and it fits within my projected budget of close to $100.

how do i enable tier 6 graphics i dont see anything in the game.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    how do i enable tier 6 graphics i dont see anything in the game.
    Vanilla Launcher? Just slide it to 6 ....
    not in-game settings
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I would recommend a GTX950 rather than a 750ti. The price/performance you get is much higher while the price tag is around $20 higher, and it should last you much longer in terms of compatibility/driver support.

If you think that's too much though, you can try a second-hand 750ti, as it's old and the price should be dirt cheap, allowing you to save for the next one.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Apr 22, 2016 at 03:31 AM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

If you can scratch it and the bottleneck isn't too terrible, get a GTX970 and don't look back.