Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default So, fellow PC gamepad users, where did you put the new pallet button?

Although it was wishful thinking that SEGA would allow the action (pickup, press) button to be shared with the new pallet action button (à la PS1, PS0), they went the lazy way and forced us to dedicate a new button for it if we wish to use this new configuration.

So, on a standard diamond button layout gamepad:

North button (Triangle on Playstation, Y on XBOX), usually the PA/Tech attack button
    West button (Square on Playstation, X on XBOX), usually the regular attack button
    East button (O on Playstation, B on XBOX), usually the action or evade button
    South button (X on Playstation, A on XBOX), usually the jump button

Which button did you sacrifice for the new pallet action button? Or did you use another button, specify if so.

Me, I tried using a free trigger button, but that was too weird, especially when I had to press shift as well which is also on a trigger. So I moved my action button to that said trigger. Gonna take some getting use to when I need to pickup items on the floor.

My attack buttons have always been R1 and R2, and L1 was switch and L2 was palete action, everything stays the same and now L2 is the third attack button, Y stays lock on, X (and Left grip in steam controller) stays dodge, and I'm just using the keyboard or the Steam Controller touch menus for the palete.

Here's my original™ controller scheme.

(360 controller)
    Left Bumper: Evasion
    Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Right Bumper: Attacks

Left Trigger previously used for block or the other weapon actions.
    Pallet action button: X
    Jump: A

Moved the 'activate' button to B and got rid of the alternate lock-on button since the left stick is good enough already.

This setup prioritizes easy movement and attacks for melee users.

don't have mapped interact/pickup in game, using an external tool to bind xbox 360 gamepad's home button to interact/pickup from keyboard
    they had a working solution in PSO1 already, what was so hard to make it the same here

Spoiler!
    Last edited by jooozek; Apr 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I have the palette shift button on Left Stick since my thumb rarely moves from it (I previously had TPS switch on it, but it's not too much of a hassle to just hit the keyboard for that). For the time being, I switched from Hold to Click until I get used to it. Everything else is unchanged from how it was before.

A: Jump
    B: Interact
    X: Normal Attack
    Y: PA1
    RB: PA2 / Weapon Action
    RT: Dodge
    LB: Lock-on
    LT: Use Subpalette
    L Click: Palette Shift
    R Click: Minimap Switch
    Back: Quick Menu
    Start: Menu
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM.

I moved access to the R shoulder button and changed B to action 3 on my X360 controller. Everything else is still at default. Palette shift and dodge are the two triggers, L shoulder is target lock, etc.

This is what I changed from the default 3-button layout:
    L1/LB -> 3rd Weapon Action (or first; with Square/X and Triangle/Y being 2nd and 3rd)
    L2/RT -> Back to Subpalette like before
    R1/LB -> Back to Palette Switch like before; too strong of a PS tradition to change to L2/RT for me
    Left Stick -> Change view
    Right Stick -> Lock On/Reset Camera

The biggest problem for me was deciding what to map to the Left Stick; as I feel that button is rather annoying to press compared to others. I can't manage using Zondeel, Ilzonde, and other support techs all the time with it; so I scrambled stuff as you see above for a more-PS tradition setup. While CHange View seems like it should go with the RS; you also "press" it a lot less often, so it won't make your left thumb sore. I also felt lock on works well with the fact that RS itself is used to change lock ons by nudging it while locking on to stuff.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I've tried a bunch of set ups and in the end i just gave up. I'm sticking to 2 button set up until I can find a controller with enough buttons.
    Really wish I could pick up items and set the 3rd action on B/Circle. Or at least use the PS/XB Guide button as a button.
    I mean... it's right there in the middle of the damn controller... I should be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I've tried a bunch of set ups and in the end i just gave up. I'm sticking to 2 button set up until I can find a controller with enough buttons.
    Really wish I could pick up items and set the 3rd action on B/Circle. Or at least use the PS/XB Guide button as a button.
    I mean... it's right there in the middle of the damn controller... I should be able to use it.
    download this and you will be able to bind any keyboard key to xbox 360 home button, need to run as admin - also if on win 10 will have to rollback xbox 360 gamepad drivers to a 2010 version
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Worst part is that on Vita, your pickup button can also act as the evade button, so they could have done something for this new layout on PC/PS4.