Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Maybe because of the adjustemnts made by SEGA?
    Personally i liked Magatsu fight, even until now minus the teleport lag though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Dies too fasts; requires the gate to break to see some of it's content (fake-Kuronites). And what others said. Overall, a gigantic failure of game design.
    it lasted to the end and even some mpas lost even in the highest difficulties, back when it first came out. Of course now everyone has 13*s so its lucky if it manages to get past the first gate.

and yeah everyone complains if its too easy but if there's even a hint of an mpa losing any emergency quest, it immediately starts losing players which triggers a chain reaction. throw in a run limit and if they even think the run will take too long they'll drop out.

Magatsu can be fun if you create a new character and play in a pub H / VH MPA, filled with new player and players with low level who don't even have the skill tree yet for him/her to do anything. Chaos.

Meh, the battle itself for me is boring because is only a DPS race, just spamming your attacks and with some occasional dodging and climbing. And even at that, is an annoying race because of the teleporting and clipping.
    Then there is also the pressure of relying in the mpa to finish all 4 runs in time (and not fail the 2nd part).

You can argue that doing EQs in general is a chore in order to get rocks, but for me this is the biggest chore of all EQs right now. Thankfully cubes can be gotten in several ways, so I can often skip this eq without regret.

Also disappointing because AIS Magatsu is just flat-out boring. AIS vs. raid-boss is just simply not fun, especially since Z-Axis control on AIS is piss-poor.

because it doesn't really fight back, people only leave if the DPS is garbage
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

SEGA wants to validate that their content is good, so of course they control what players can find and get. This is the same as working a job. If you run Profound Darkness during those EQ times, we can get data for our shareholders that our game is EPIC because its populated at the times the "best" and "latest" events are being held. In exchange we will pay you 6 Stones. If you choose to not run it, you get nothing for not helping us.

Its amazing how deep SEGA actually is when it comes to using their own social culture to condition their own people (and many others) to their will. It creates populations of people who will eat, breathe, and sleep PSO, and regardless how many failures SEGA commits, the conditioned will continue to give them their money and support.

Some people call it Love.
    Medical Science and Psychology call it "Addiction"

Stages:

Experimentation - People try PSO2 and feel its an ok game as the game does a stellar job of making it nice to new players and new characters. These new players are more in tune with their previous game or real life conversations and being more human and open.

Social/Regular Use - People grow into the game and perhaps find a guild. Conversations shift away from the real world and begin entering the player's mind in regards to game mechanics and the developer. Players start committing more time to the game as their hope to raise their characters and finally the game becomes common to them.

Abuse/Risky Behavior - Players start sacrificing and exchanging real-world values for in-game values. Conversations about the game, their characters, and the developer become more and more common. Actions of the developer affect psychological and neurological functions such as sleep and judgement, where distortions exist between the world of the game and the real world. More time is devoted to the software and less time is devoted everywhere else as the player gains more and more power.

Dependency/Addiction - The player accepts the world of the game as a higher priority than the real world and in many cases replaces the real world with the game world. Sociological, psychological, neurological and Physical functions become distorted and attuned to retaining or achieving high-standing within the game world and its people. Impairments and Disorders from the Mild to Severe category present themselves in the individual. Complete Loyalty, similar to effects of Stockholm Syndrome present themselves in Social-Addiction Patients. The real world is displaced in conversation as the player is completely consumed by the game world and even can be drawn from response into the Game World through real world action tying the two together from the developer. The gamer loses interests in other games as he or she attempts to find games that play similar in order to continue feeding the addiction.

I've read many psychology books and many medical review books, but I am not a psychologist, nor a physician. What I wrote is based on my knowledge of the category of Long-Term Exposure - Social Addictions. Now imagine if I brought over someone who had a Doctorate in Psychology and a thirty-one year career of it to write on this matter. Such would blow your minds away if you dared to even read over a paragraph without assuming that every psychologist in the world is a Corporate Psychologist.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I don't really understand the context of this thread.
    Who is saying it's disappointing?

I know people who find Magatsu really boring.
    Some people hate how glitchy the platforms are. It's very easy to fall through them.
    I personally enjoy the challenge of trying to play as efficiently as possible.
    But if the server is laggy (which is fairly often) it becomes an exercise in frustration.
    Lagatsu will keep suddenly teleporting forward large distances, leaving everyone standing on thin air in its wake.

AIS Magatsu is indeed not very interesting.
    First two phases are boring, because it's mostly just focusing on the knees and center/head. Also because you have to limit your attacks.
    Only the third is okay. You have to fly around and dodge attacks while breaking major faces.
    The problem is, people tend to do whatever the hell they want, instead of co-operating and focus-firing.
    It also doesn't help that a lot of EN people still don't know that the first two have high resistance to melee, and then ranged.
    Apparently, the English patch does not translate the radio operator messages that tell players this. It's not very obvious otherwise.
    There also isn't much room for strategy variation during AIS Magatsu. Everyone has to use pretty much the same strategy.

In both regular and AIS Magatsu, if the multi isn't strong enough, you will fail and waste tons of time.
    It doesn't matter if you are the strongest player in the galaxy. Very heavy reliance on other players to not suck.
    Another major problem is that if there isn't a Weak Bullet, people immediately leave. Weak Bullet is crucial for Magatsu.
    If there's more than one Weak Bullet, EN people usually fight over where to place it, and abuse each other.
    A bunch of players in general also don't seem to know how to use the AIS.

Magatsu was more exciting when it first came out.
    It felt like a battle to stop Magatsu from breaching the final wall.
    Now it just feels like a battle to get as many cubes as you can.
    That's probably why it's "disappointing".
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 25, 2016 at 05:41 AM.

I know from my experience that when Magatsu first came out whenever that was, people were failing it left and right. The challenge was trying to be one of the few who could take out that 75 million+ HP he had.

You would get to hear all versions of the theme and then the ECs that came held relevance. Now its just kill before he reaches first gate, if there is no WB, the run is done for the most part. Even with his nerfed HP, that mentality still sticks. It's all runs for excubes rather than any enjoyment in the fight. You aren't viewing Magatsu as some big epic godlike boss, he is a walking excube pinata you are breaking.

I don't really even do him anymore because its not fun. I might do it just to do the AIS vs Magatsu Sai because that can be kinda fun if the MPA is decent. I dunno, I am probably repeating what several have said already. :V

speaking of actually running magatsu - can't run him when he's scheduled at 3-6 am in my timezone
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget