Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

VR at the moment still too costly to be a thing for now.

Unless they can reduce the size and the cost for the VR equipment.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I will never get into VR. So if everything just become VR and old style gaming will be done, that will be when I give up on gaming (in the new age at least)

VR thing's just a fad a dead corpse of a failed idea trying to make a come back.

It's a cool idea but that's just it, it's not going to beat simply sitting down and pushing buttons and it certainly isn't going to make it go away.

Manually moving around with your body is so fun only for a while.

On the other hand I'd love to see horror games make use of it but just about everything else I'd rather have my controller and 3rd person if possible.

At BEST this VR thing will become something that can be used alongside normal gaming but it won't overtake it or make normal gaming go away.

^- lol-worthy post if I've ever seen one

It's extremely obvious when someone has never even tried it. Especially room-scale VR with the Vive or similar high-quality apparatus. You literally feel like you're inside the game. It's ridiculous.

VR's gonna be HUGE, and it sure as hell ain't a "fad". Especially not with how much money is being poured into R&D specifically for it right now.

You are right, however, that it is going to exist alongside traditional gaming, rather than replacing it entirely. That will probably be the case right up until they develop neural headgear that lets us control things with our brains, while simultaneously simulating the inner ear fluid responses that prevent motion sickness. But it'll be awhile before that becomes a thing...

Dive feature in VR wouldn't be coming soon tho.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    No there wouldn't be. All they have to do is let you access all your characters from every ship. Bam, problem solved.
    What? No. If you had everyone from every ship on one server, that shit would crash HARD. I would bet money that the Ships have their own servers, datacenters, whatever. The game's lag is bad enough, if you have all those players pinging one server, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    What? No. If you had everyone from every ship on one server, that shit would crash HARD. I would bet money that the Ships have their own servers, datacenters, whatever. The game's lag is bad enough, if you have all those players pinging one server, it's over.
    And I'm sure Cmode is on once again their own servers which is why anyone from any ship can go there, but must leave their main ship and lose all their items (minus what they're wearing), friendlist, team, symbol art, etc.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Delaying a western release cause they have a wild west themed area somewhere down the line on the roadmap sounds so fucking stupid, I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the reason XD.

Laughing so hard at this cause it sounds so real.
    Nah I bet its the lolis and the japan themed stage with the black giant soldiers. They will get hit from soccer moms and the NAACP.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    Nah I bet its the lolis and the japan themed stage with the black giant soldiers. They will get hit from soccer moms and the NAACP.
    I recently finally got up to EP3 of the story and when I saw the main story of Harkotan it's sad the my 1st thought was...

"If this came out over here, I can see a lot of stupid SJWs bitching about how this is racist and promoting discrimination and white dominance and other bs they like to spout."
    It's stupid, but not hard to easily see what those people can come up with without using a brain cell.

They'd probably complain that Harukotan is cultural appropriation.
    There are dreadlocks, too. You know people will rage about that.

I think someone around here was raging at the Indian headgear a while back.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 11, 2016 at 01:49 AM.