Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think I remember CyberKitsune saying they found the start of some code that caused the game to use Steamgaurd instead of Gamegaurd in there while they were working on that private server

Someone said a while ago that the reason they cancelled the West version is because their contract with the Asian versions doesn't allow them to put PSO2 on Steam.
    Or something like that.

I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons why they just can't be bothered.

I honestly need to make a poll if it even exists to see how many people whould actually abandon this server for a new engish server if it became a reality.
    god: "How, has your power not been dispersed?"

Me: Because PHOTONS, BITCH! Filled with just as much bullshit as your Aether crap!

Dunno about abandon as you can just freely come back, just like playing another game. But there are peeps that have not played this game, and aren't going to bothering with the JP version. So the number would be off to what an actual server would feature.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    pull a granblue and google translate everything and call it a global release
    They already did this. Guess you never seen SEA Ep2 translations?

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    That's not what he meant.

What Granblue did was they basically added a switch that allows you to switch between JP and EN, no new apps (unlike what some expected, which was an English release on the western Google Play Stores), no mastery of black magic required (beyond registration), just a switch. The translation isn't even quite 100%; there are still things here and there that just aren't translated (like all of the choices in one party member's Fate Episode, though all the dialogue is translated) if you know where to look. Some of the translations seem questionable as well, but at least it doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out (looking at you, If My Heart Had Wings).

This is what one crowd wants, but the chances of it happening seem pretty slim, if you ask me. Square Enix, Sega is not.

EDIT: Added a detail or two.
    Last edited by Maronji; May 8, 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Does anyone even care what I changed/added? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Someone said a while ago that the reason they cancelled the West version is because their contract with the Asian versions doesn't allow them to put PSO2 on Steam.
    Or something like that.

I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons why they just can't be bothered.
    You meant this?
    http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/31/s...stern-release/

Not the same thing. GBF just add a language selection in the game. One tap, and you can see the dialogues in English instead of Japanese kanji. It's the win-win solution; no progress lost, and people who didn't understand Japanese language can read what happened with the story.

It's the ideal solution honestly. Unfortunately, this is SEGA we're talking about.
    Last edited by Zeroem; May 8, 2016 at 09:12 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    That's not what he meant.

What Granblue did was they basically added a switch that allows you to switch between JP and EN, no new apps (unlike what some expected, which was an English release on the western Google Play Stores), no mastery of black magic required (beyond registration), just a switch. The translation isn't even quite 100%; there are still things here and there that just aren't translated (like all of the choices in one party member's Fate Episode, though all the dialogue is translated) if you know where to look. Some of the translations seem questionable as well, but at least it doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out (looking at you, If My Heart Had Wings).

This is what one crowd wants, but the chances of it happening seem pretty slim, if you ask me. Square Enix, Sega is not.

EDIT: Added a detail or two.
    Sorry, I didn't clarify it. I meant the google translate part specifically. But i'm 99% sure that it won't happen. This would mean opening the servers to lots of bots and gold sellers also.

Sorry, I didn't clarify it. I meant the google translate part specifically. But i'm 99% sure that it won't happen. This would mean opening the servers to lots of bots and gold sellers also.
    Open Beta and Launch had bots. You don't see them anymore. Because SEGA IP banned china.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Open Beta and Launch had bots. You don't see them anymore. Because SEGA IP banned china.
    Yes, but what I meant is that "IF" they opened JP server with official english translations, there would be bots/gold spammers comming not from China.