Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

I'm already sick of the EQ.

The whole NT implementation pisses me off.
    Some stuff NT, some stuff not. Even weapons within the same set/style, some are NT, some are not.
    It's a goddamn mess. They really should have just replaced the entire grinding system.

I sometimes wonder if grinding is the way it is because they just copied previous PSO games without really thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Yamato is just an ordinary ship that fires laser beam at first. If the cannons are vulnerable to arks on foot and can be frozen with AIS blizzard, a direct hit with freeze missile should be able to disable the entire ship.
    Probably but it wouldn't matter anyway since that would just prompt the Phantom Admiral to activate the ship's final form.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

Some stuff NT, some stuff not. Even weapons within the same set/style, some are NT, some are not.
    It's a goddamn mess. They really should have just replaced the entire grinding system.
    I agree. Knowing that the Earth weapons are NT and are only available from Collection Sheet WITH a time limit ONLY during the release kinda pissed me off. It feels like that i've wasted saving up stones just for trying to get one of the new Earth weapons. Another thing is when searching up affixes, you'd have to go back and forth between old and new types when using the player shop.

I sometimes wonder if grinding is the way it is because they just copied previous PSO games without really thinking about it.
    I think NT Weapons and how they grind was a positive change to the game but coming in this late there was no way to implement it without there being some problem.

It's not as simple as doing a 1 to 1 conversion because of how it works. Players who have only Level 1 or 2 potential on their weapon would see a decrease by as much as 20% of the weapon's power out of nowhere which would piss them off.

Attack values also are overall different between regular and NT counterparts to properly accomodate the difference in grind effects, the Nox Weapons have a much higher base for instance to counter the fact that max grind gives them +35% to their power as opposed to doubling the value.

Right now it feels like Sega is preparing for the future (Collection File limits the potential issue of having to amass a million stones for future drops, NT Grinding standardizes the power curve so that when they implement higher tier weapons they don't need to worry about imbalanced jumps) but doing limited efforts to address the present. It'll probably work for now due to the sheer flood of new players, but I do hope they have something bigger in the pipe for the latter parts of the summer.

I think SEGA did the whole NT implementation because the updates for other MMORPGs and Online RPGs made life easier for those who were non-subscribed players. PSO-2s Spring Update compared to other games was similar to what was going on in the two types of games that are out there:

1) Aging games -

Let's face it. MMORPGs or Online RPGs are a PC thing. Even if PSO2 is on Playstation 4 now, the majority of competition is on the PC platform. This means graphics is at the center. Yeah, sure... Its not all about the graphics... or is it? As games age and their graphics start looking outdated, SEGA had to introduce Tier 6 graphics as well as change things through NT weapons in order to retain players... as a result there are many who are working with the 13* weapons and finally have a reason to address old content for rewards.

2) New games -

Spring Update for most new games were new classes, regions, and even in some games there were high resolution textures for 4K monitors. In the PC arena for MMOs, people love Graphics and feeling a sense of immersion. Every major game released in the last two years got something pretty good. Also, the future is such that the graphics I've seen from the latest out there completely blow away graphics in many games...

SEGA seems to have realized that PSO2 is no longer a "new game" and that the Asian Competition in ORPG and MMORPG is FIERCE. So of course they want money from AC and the way they will get it is to Cater to whatever will give them money.

Rather than throw the game away, they are reinventing some concepts of the game in order to survive and increase its longevity. Making EQs where gear doesn't matter when fighting the big bad boss and everyone is the same is something casuals love. Whether I am level 70 with shit equipment, or a player has all classes capped with highest end gear.....the damage is the same in the Yamato Fight..

Another great EQ where gear doesn't count for shit, and the pretty graphics will keep players happy for a long time.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    I wouldn't take pso2db's word on a lot of things. They seem to have a lot of wrong info, or so I'm told. Unless I'm misreading things the affixes themselves say they boost RDR http://i.imgur.com/oqS2lbF.png
    they've mostly just been straight translating what is on swiki from what I can tell, but yeah that RDR notation on Lucky Rise seems like it was changed to that at some point

Yamato should turn into a megazord in phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Probably but it wouldn't matter anyway since that would just prompt the Phantom Admiral to activate the ship's final form.
    At least we don't need to experience the boring ice field, alas.

Yamato EQ run we managed to record

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Spoiler!

Collection file is one thing but the fact that I can't make any progress until the EQ starts again is real annoying.