Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

I still think it's weird how people can still diss JBs but say nothing about HU main and how sword is almost worthless on raid bosses or how partizan on FI still performs better due to crit strike.
    Not like any of this matters since melee classes in general aren't really in "demand" anyway.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; May 16, 2016 at 10:14 AM.

You're really bad at being concise...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    I still think it's weird how people can still diss JBs but say nothing about HU main and how sword is almost worthless on raid bosses or how partizan on FI still performs better due to crit strike.
    Not like any of this matters since melee classes in general aren't really in "demand" anyway.
    Of course they are not.
    Look at Katana Braver and how its displaced many classes simply due to the 20 second invulnerability. Braver is another class that has Summoner-Level Overpowered stuff.

Either of its weapons can annihilate bosses, and quite simply put... PSO-2 is the only game I've ever played where a character class gets an Unconditional Invincibility that can be activated by the player, which helps contribute to large-scale damage as well.

inb4 someone posts about Guild Wars 2 invincibility:

Sorry, but no..
    Invincibility in Guild Wars lasts for Five Seconds at most, their cooldowns are anywhere from 60 - 90 seconds, and one is still vulnerable to Damage Over Time (DoT) and Retribution.

inb4 someone posts about SBx-Invincibility:

Sorry, but No... and Double-no!
    Invincibility is triggered in place of your Critical-Action, meaning the Medic needs a full gauge. The action is only enabled while on foot. It is disabled on while using Mechas. The player has to also use a Cross-Trigger for it....

Upon execution of the action, the player is invincible for 8 seconds, adding a three-second stun to all player attack actions and healing players around them for five percent of their health per action. Once the action finishes, all friendly players heal for full health and half their mana, and half their critical gauge. The Medic dies an enters a Fallen State, which means the Medic can not be revived by any player, and if the Medic respawns after 30 seconds, she comes back with 50% Health, 50% Mana, and 0% gauge and suffers a -4 growth penalty for 12 seconds.

PSO-2....
    Oh what? Boss is now in RAGE MODE? Oh Whatever will I do?
    "Hits button on my Keyboard... YAY~~~ Im Invincible for 20 seconds...."

Good Game SEGA.

I feel that braver and summoner both compete for the title of Supreme Easy-Mode Class
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Of course they are not.
    Look at Katana Braver and how its displaced many classes simply due to the 20 second invulnerability. Braver is another class that has Summoner-Level Overpowered stuff.

Either of its weapons can annihilate bosses, and quite simply put... PSO-2 is the only game I've ever played where a character class gets an Unconditional Invincibility that can be activated by the player, which helps contribute to large-scale damage as well.

inb4 someone posts about Guild Wars 2 invincibility:

Sorry, but no..
    Invincibility in Guild Wars lasts for Five Seconds at most, their cooldowns are anywhere from 60 - 90 seconds, and one is still vulnerable to Damage Over Time (DoT) and Retribution.

inb4 someone posts about SBx-Invincibility:

Sorry, but No... and Double-no!
    Invincibility is triggered in place of your Critical-Action, meaning the Medic needs a full gauge. The action is only enabled while on foot. It is disabled on while using Mechas. The player has to also use a Cross-Trigger for it....

Upon execution of the action, the player is invincible for 8 seconds, adding a three-second stun to all player attack actions and healing players around them for five percent of their health per action. Once the action finishes, all friendly players heal for full health and half their mana, and half their critical gauge. The Medic dies an enters a Fallen State, which means the Medic can not be revived by any player, and if the Medic respawns after 30 seconds, she comes back with 50% Health, 50% Mana, and 0% gauge and suffers a -4 growth penalty for 12 seconds.

PSO-2....
    Oh what? Boss is now in RAGE MODE? Oh Whatever will I do?
    "Hits button on my Keyboard... YAY~~~ Im Invincible for 20 seconds...."

Good Game SEGA.

I feel that braver and summoner both compete for the title of Supreme Easy-Mode Class
    I think you forgot to explain how this Br OPness has anything to do with Su.

Summoner isn't any easier than Foorce imo.

And while 20 second invincibility on demand is OP I wouldn't call Braver as a whole "easy mode" because of it.

Well, I'm still not sure if summer class won't require me to "max all other classes to get their meager bonuses just to NOT be too weak". I DO want to max all classes at some point, for the hell of it (and to try them [because I can]) but would like to have something that can function.

Some classes I'll try to min-max maybe, others I'll try to make something good from what is perceived ass (I'm sorry, I REALLY wanna make a functional Guard Stance Hunter... even if the more I think about it, the more I don't know what fun I'd even have. I guess if Guard Stance would allow for doing some def and/or atk debuff on what hits you or that you hit, it would have a purpose to exist and for a TANK class to exist even, but now? I dunno... but... I digress)

Question though, on topic this time: is it smart to have a Su/Hu setup with War Cry to kite or is that going to mean an early grave for me?

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    Question though, on topic this time: is it smart to have a Su/Hu setup with War Cry to kite or is that going to mean an early grave for me?
    I'm not quite sure why you would want SU/HU for anything other than defensive purposes, since the net gain on damage multipliers is a big fat zero. Also, the Pet exists to draw Hate away from the player; drawing Hate to the player for reasons other than procing that one Parfait that increases Pet damage the closer it is to the player doesn't make much sense.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Rehal View Post
    I think you forgot to explain how this Br OPness has anything to do with Su.
    Each class can be free from difficulty-liabilities in their mechanics. In short, difficulty becomes irrelevant, and all that matters is the HP-Sink on an enemy.

Summoner can sit back and just lock on to the weak points of enemy bosses, use abilities to increase damage vs said weak point and just sit back at a distance pushing whatever PA button they need to win...

Braver can at the first sign of danger enter into a 20 second invulnerability and do anything they want close range without any fear of reprisal. In short, its an escape from difficulty.

In short,
    the two classes have ways of achieving Temporary "God Mode."
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Summoner can sit back and just lock on to the weak points of enemy bosses, use abilities to increase damage vs said weak point and just sit back at a distance pushing whatever PA button they need to win...
    Force does that too, and then doesn't even have to worry about getting floored because their pet got hit while alter ego is on. Are you going to tell me you have 100 su cubes and every 13* pet too? because out of everyone here, you seem to have played the class the least.

Well if this thread has taught me anything, Maron is about all it has going for it, examples shown so far of what looks like weak pugs and someone placing amongst them (versus organized), that SU is op cuz dominates SH and under then gets weak in XH. Maron Maron Maron! Example of wanda was shown but looked like a bad pug. To start skipping Keilyns posts cuz wall-o-text

Still dont have any other pet examples outside these 2 and bad pugs.

Show me how powerful this "op" class is, vids or something (again, pet+CT excluded), i wanna see you play this class so greatly versus parser numbers than anyone can manage.