Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What do you like to do in games?

How do you like to play when it comes to games in general?

I like fighting really hard situations, things where the only way to win is a lot of dodging and strategy.
    Aside from that I enjoy really fast movement or attacks, being able to run around from enemy to enemy, trying to finish them off before they can attack. I typically play with no defense, all speed and attack.

It depends on the game:

But generally, I like to get up close and personal when it comes to attacking; preferably wielding a weapon in each hand.

I also like to plan out my character's advancement ahead of time as well.

Usually, I play to pretend I'm there in the flesh: escaping in that world to marvel at its intricate or simple designs, bask in its beauty and give in to the entertainment that spawns from various rules I can think of to impose onto myself and/or my character as an attempt to find more ways to distract myself with the virtual universe that is within my reach. Anything to draw me in further and longer.

tl;dr: I like to play with the game as much as I like to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnomura View Post
    How do you like to play when it comes to games in general?

I like fighting really hard situations, things where the only way to win is a lot of dodging and strategy.
    Aside from that I enjoy really fast movement or attacks, being able to run around from enemy to enemy, trying to finish them off before they can attack. I typically play with no defense, all speed and attack.

Favorite in Online Games has always been "Command" work in PvP Oriented stuff with other designated Commanders. Sometimes, we collaborate between servers to make "PvP-Based events" for the servers involved and we literally use Teamspeak (or Mumble) with group leaders of each server to coordinate events.

We do stuff like this because of the main difference between PvP and PvE:

In PvE, the computer is the enemy and will entertain you and make the game for you.
    In PvP, other players are the enemy, and since we are all human... we depend on each other to make each other's night. We share the same gripes, but continue to live in our little corner of paradise.

PSO-2 is my escape from an escape in playing a different type of game where I feel I don't have to compete. I've always been a believer that regardless the merit or feat one accomplishes in SinglePlayer or PvE in any game... it doesn't compare to PvP accomplishments ever. ^_^

its a biased view from me...
    but at least its out in the open.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Dressing up my characters cute, experimenting with dumb gimick builds, and beating up random mobs casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Dressing up my characters cute, experimenting with dumb gimick builds, and beating up random mobs casually.
    That, that and that too.

I like to play them

Depends on the game.

Any new game or series that I decide to pick up, I usually play blind, explore, and avoid spoilers/help/research on the game until the game becomes a norm for the sake of not spoiling the game on first run. However, most of the time I just sit around observing the game's art and be a real critic on it because everyone is always yapping about mechanics and gameplay. If I completed the game and have no other games to play, I usually do a challenge run, start collecting everything, or gather all rewards possible. Everyone once-n-while I'll do some random shenanigans just to please my insanity.

When it comes down to games or series that I've been playing for sometime I usually set a high goal to work towards for be it ultra rare loot, top tier dps/heal (with lower tier classes), soloing raid level bosses, etc. Most of the time I just do random shenanigans like surviving a fall that should had killed me or making random competitive builds/sets Say hello to Ice Punch Mega Aggron Grachump .

However, in general to all games I play, I usually stick to a role that has a lot of multi-tasking because I hate just doing one thing or one thing at a time. I always like to be that guy with good flexibility.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; May 17, 2016 at 09:40 PM.

install nude mods
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

If the game is online multiplayer and has a wide variety of available options to me, I like to play support/cleric. I find satisfaction in being able to reliably back up my allies.

However, if the game is very damage-oriented, I'll just go for straight damage builds/weapons/whatever works. I'm not the best optimizer when it comes to speccing for damage most of the time, which is why I prefer support roles.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]