Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I remember people coming on these forums complaining they got banned and I look at their name and remember them spamming NSFW SAs in the lobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    Ah the script kiddos.

I just found the post amusing how they thought anyone saying people got banned for no reason were lying for the sake of lying about their hacks.
    I mean me and my friends have been playing since release and never got banned.
    So either those people were REALLY unlucky or they were boasting about their Eng mods like right idiots then assuming they got banned for being Western.
    Without checking their IP, there's no way to tell if they're a western player or not, so they probably got banned for modifying the game files and boasting about it or posting translated screenshots on Japanese websites.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    I remember people coming on these forums complaining they got banned and I look at their name and remember them spamming NSFW SAs in the lobby.
    That too. Wasn't that why Banana became a thing?

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    I'll be honest, I need to read the ToS again. Cus I was sure nothing in there said we had to be playing in Japan.
    I mean just the idea of that alone is crazy, what if someone who played the game for years had to move to another country? They'd be forced to stop playing (if sega actually cared enough to check IPs).
    If it was REALLY the case, if it was ACTUALLY against ToS to play outside of Japan, why aren't they IP blocking the west? They did it for like a year or 2 after the DDoS attack, it shows they CAN do it. They also IP block SEA. So if it was really against ToS, they'd block western IPs and ban people using a VPN or Proxy to log in. That would make sense, as you're using 3rd party stuff to get past the block.
    While they weren't online games, I'm sure it's the same as long ago when my parents brought over their Japanese games/systems over to the US while I was still an infant and looking at them they say using or selling outside of Japan is prohibited.
    Even later games I got my own self from Japan say the same thing.
    Also it's the same way as you can use an electric device all you want and no one is stopping you, but if you use it in let's say a plane or something, there well be consequences.

8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

Well would you look at that... logging in from outside Japan is prohibited after all. :|
    Well if it's any consolation, I've been playing PSO2 since the Japanese launch and haven't been banned once. We're so normal on the servers now that I see Japanese players giving instructions in English on the shared ship challenge missions without anyone being obviously western.

So you'll all be fine.
    If you want to be careful, just dont set your auto words to spam in English. I mean talking in English isn't a valid reason for being banned, English is just a language. As long as no one KNOWS you're not in Japan, you're fine. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
    Long before the whole DDoS shit, many people in Japan seemed normal to foreigners actually. I think it matters on being very very unlucky to get banned if you did nthing wrong or maybe caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I mean me and my friends have been playing since release and never got banned.
    So either those people were REALLY unlucky or they were boasting about their Eng mods like right idiots then assuming they got banned for being Western.
    Without checking their IP, there's no way to tell if they're a western player or not, so they probably got banned for modifying the game files and boasting about it or posting translated screenshots on Japanese websites.
    Yeah, like I remember many times in the lobby when there were hackers hacking like minatures of themselves and being around them and nothing happened to me.
    That or when those RMTers with launchers used to hack the shit out of the Explore missions to just farm exp and magnet enemies to them to just take all the meseta and what not. Luckily I was never effected.
    BUT I do remember stories of like people hacking EQs and others that did nothing wrong was just in the MPA and didn't know and was banned along with the hacker.
    And yeah, no one needs to know if you got a patch on or not... just saying that pretty much saying you modified the game to YOUR advantage. As safe and harmless it is...they would just see it in the same aspect as someone modding the game to get infinite HP or something.

That too. Wasn't that why Banana became a thing?
    Banana?

When the servers shut-down, all your character data is locked up for good (unless PSO2 gets the same fate as PSOBB). Anything in any online game with any service is lost once the service itself goes down; server maintenance is a constant reminder of this.

So, to answer the question of the thread, I don't worry about it because I know the possibility is always there; and, as others have already said, it is stipulated in the ToS that SEGA reserves the right to ban anyone who is a foreigner.

There are other games to play, and I've gotten to a point with this game where I just play it now to pass the time, really. I've left this game numerous times in the past on hiatus with no problem. In fact, the most I missed were things that could be experienced elsewhere (playing with friends, the combat, music, and Challenge Mode).

Every online service will come to an end at some point, and it is always on my mind when I play these types of games that I should never get 'too' invested, emotionally tied to my progress, or the time spent in the game as a result (i.e. spend my time playing nothing else but this game vs. playing this along with other games). Any service can be terminated without question.
    Last edited by Korazenn; May 21, 2016 at 06:23 AM.

After about two years, 5 characters, and probably 8000 hours between them all. (I use to afk online a lot)

... Don't think I'm getting banned anytime soon.

I've never had a post I've made on a forums site get this much attention, yikes.

Nah, I just avoid trouble in general.

If i ever got banned i would be a bit ticked because of purchasing ac and what not, but i would just go back to pso1 or ps2 (need to finish that).

Quote Originally Posted by Shu_or View Post
    If i ever got banned i would be a bit ticked because of purchasing ac and what not, but i would just go back to pso1 or ps2 (need to finish that).
    OH MAI GAWD!!! a Necromancer spawned!!!
    Spoiler!

Not worried about getting banned at this point.
    SEGA has put up with a lot of stupid shit from foreigners causing trouble, DDOSing, etc... I've seen other games permanent global ban for less.
    So far, SEGA has only mass banned China for mass botting and SEA to get SEA people to play the Shitsoft version.

I'm sure there are a lot of EN people being assholes everywhere.
    There was an EN guy in my last EQ run with garbage gear who was mocking other people publically for no real reason.

Besides, SEGA keeps profiting when JP people transfer away from Ship 2.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM.