Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I expect that it will happen eventually. But I don't really worry about it.
    Been banned from other online games before, because of asshole noisy foreigners invading and hacking.
    SEGA seems to care the least so far, despite an entire ship alienating a significant number of JP people.

Hey, who's alienating locals?
    They're some fun people to party up with.

I used to see people in lobbies yelling out stuff like "WE BOMBED YOUR COUNTRY", "JAPAN SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH" and "IT'S A FREE WORLD I'M ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER I WANT"
    There used to often be international players sitting in the middle of places everyone walks, having private convos when they could have used whisper, party or team chat.
    Dunno what happened to that, but it doesn't seem to happen as much anymore. Maybe those people all quit when we got "blocked" during the DDOS attack.
    Yeah, the DDOS attack probably didn't sit well with SEGA either.
    But then, SEGA's own service hasn't been perfect, what with incidents like deleting tens of thousands of people's HDDs.

I remember hearing SEGA talking about people being loud and noisy in lobbies.
    International players do that a lot, but so do JP people. Except, JP people usually only do it in certain blocks.
    I forget what SEGA said, but the fact they acknowledged it as an issue means it does bother people.

Other than that, there's stuff like, international players can't read room rules, join anyway and then screw up runs.
    They often don't listen to reason, don't know how to play, etc. I still see people sitting in the wrong difficulty block calling for other difficulty groups.
    PSO2 has a lot of vague stuff that people don't know about, and international players tend not to do research.
    They expect the game to handhold them and explain everything clearly. PSO2 doesn't do that. Gotta look stuff up.

The quality of international players is generally lower than that of JP players, and they have a reputation for suddenly leaving.
    But I'm sure random disconnections is one of the reasons people suddenly vanish. Even JP players get randomly disconnected.
    Group fail rate for international groups tends to be abnormally high, although the majority of PSO2 players seem to be casual gamers as well.
    Both international and JP players fail to upgrade their gear, probably have crappy skill trees, etc. It's just more common with international players.

A bunch of JP people have transferred away from ship 2, or simply avoid it.
    They used to avoid the international players blocks, which were toxic enough to become infamous.
    Ship 2 is currently the least populated server by several thousand less than the others.

Of course, there are good international players who are quiet, skilled and/or pleasant.
    They are the minority though, as always. I mean, you don't stand out if you're quiet. That's the point.
    The bad experiences stand out. I know some JP people who have been traumatised by bad international players and avoid them like the plague.

But on the flipside, there are JP players who don't mind or actually enjoy and want to interact with the foreign players.
    I know at least one, and I've seen others sitting in the "international player blocks" conversing with English-speakers.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 19, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

Oh wow, I'm glad I'm not on ship 2. The people I've played with don't seem to care that I'm not local, although it probably helps that I know a bit of Japanese, enough to know the atmosphere and how to be friendly or polite.

完全なる地球最適化プログラム

As long as nobody else does illegal shit, the chances of a "gaijin purge" happening are minimal. With the way Sega loves to milk the playerbase for every last yen, I highly doubt they would be willing to ban 10~% of potential AC buyers. Especially considering the fact that they were seeing decreased profits prior to the EP4 launch. You should still be polite to people though. It helps to at least know a few basic phrases in japanese, especially for stuff like crafting requests. You don't need to "pretend to be japanese", just don't make yourself look like an ass. Also, don't be a leech/grind and affix your gear because nothing screams "baka gaijin" like seeing some dude with an ungrinded weapon and unaffixed gryphon/ideal units.

From my experience, most JP on ship 2 don't outright hate gaijins (I actually think gaijins are more outwardly hostile to their own people). Half my friends list is JP and I met them through random TD parties, unit crafting requests, and even just people who thought my character was cute and wanted her friend partner. (Knowing some japanese helped, of course) I'm even friends with people on a small private JP team and I play other games with them outside PSO2. I think the "white piggu go home" types are a vocal minority honestly.

tl;dr: Don't piss off JPs and you probably won't get banned.

Exactly, everyone play nice and nothing bad will happen

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with Ship 2 as long as you stay out of the "lobby fagging" blocks which is mainly now just B1. Most people barely talk outside of there and since the influx of PS4 players there are a lot more Japanese players in ship 2 where we also reach congested status during peak Japanese times. If there are THOUSANDS of more people on at one time more then Ship2 then I wouldn't want to be in other ships cause I would never have a good block to get into unless I camped it for hours.

Me? Nah, I keep to myself. There'd have to be a full IP ban for non-JP IPs, and even then there's the proxy.

The few times I've been in a party with JP players, I do my best to communicate in Japanese - while that means Google Translate, I always open by apologizing for my slowness & bad grammar and try to stick to simple phrases so that there's less chance my meaning is fucked in translation.
    We know how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.

I remember when I first started, I was scared to even talk cause I figured "The moment a Sega lackey sees english I'm screwed."

Fast-forward to after the tutorial and I enter Ship 2, block 1. And the place is filled with english players. Just talkin' it out. I almost forgot I was playing a Japanese only game.

Anyway, I don't think we'll be getting kicked out anytime soon either after reading these replies, if they wanted us gone they could've done it long ago.

(They could've also given us PSO2 in the west long ago but oops)

PS: Thanks AIDA and anyone else who helped make PSO2 playable here in english. <3

EDIT: Hah, remember this? http://www.pso2.com/us/
    Last edited by SasoriHanamura; May 19, 2016 at 05:27 PM.

I don't worry about it anymore than I worry about getting banned from anything else. I practice all the change to the ToS means is you aren't entitled to any support in the event you get banned for something else.