Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Not really.

I don't play on ship 2. and I never make it known to anyone that I'm a foreigner.

I don't use proxy, I always speak/write in english, including in my support partner's stuff, which is often used by JP players, I use ReShade, and I've done lots of silly and obvious things against GG that got me kicked (not banned, just 630s and NP1013s). But I mind my own business and try to stay solo, because I know my gear is absurdly sub-par (Lvl.68 Bouncer w/ Vita Jet Boots Ex.Something +10, with random affixes from some random boss , but meh, it's enough to do all XQ orders in ~15-20mins + Yamato solo on VH if I stop being so bad with the AIS, I don't have much time to raise my game) so I don't ruin anyone else's game.

Do I feel like I'm getting banned any time soon? Nope.
    Did I ever get banned on other games, for similar reasons? Nope.
    Would I be mad if I got banned by SEGA? Yes, but I wouldn't blame them. They specificly said I was not supposed to be there.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; May 19, 2016 at 05:57 PM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    I know my gear is absurdly sub-par (Lvl.68 Bouncer w/ Vita Jet Boots Ex.Something +10, with random affixes from some random boss
    You're probably way better than me, my bouncer is only 44 (MAybe 45? I forgot if I leveled him once more last night) And I don't even know what I'm using I just put on anything with bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestriden View Post
    For instance you can be running around block 1 spamming whatever you wanna spam in nearby chat and you'll be fine. But the moment you e-mail their support asking for help. You just put yourself in their radar and if they find out you're not inside the Japan residence, they will ban you for breaking their ToS.
    This seems very contradictory, running around spamming e-penises don't get people ban while asking support can get us banned. We might've already been under radar for all we know and SEGA just don't care unless we do massive shit stuff. I hear people mentioning breaking ToS all the time and SEGA does nothing whatsoever to use it to ban people, there are stories around that people outside from japan asking for support and got the help they needed.

Asking for support will not just get you banned. It'll just get denied, you end up getting banned if you are using a proxy to connect when your region is IP blocked. like SEA.

The peeps outside Japan usually got lucky, but most of the time they'll just deny you if you aren't in Japan at the time of requesting assistance.

I don't know any foreigners who got banned for being foreigners.
    Then again, I don't talk to many foreigners in PSO2.

SEGA has told me they don't support outside Japan. They didn't ban me.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I never think about it honestly.
    As long as I'm playing my Phantasy Star, I don't need to care.
    I'm already to pessimistic as it is, I don't need to be more pessimistic.

I know a few people that have had the unfortunate situation of getting their accounts banned. These were not people that would do any game modifications outside of using the tweaker or use rmt either. Of these, most were American and 1 was Chinese.

They just tried to log in one day to find their account locked. For most, this meant that they were done with the game since they had progressed too much and it was pretty disheartening. I've never heard from the Chinese player ever again since I stopped playing around the time westerners couldn't connect to the servers. Only recently got back into it.

I'm not sure why this happened, but I know the potential exists and it can happen at any time. Don't get me wrong though. I am enjoying the game again after a long hiatus, but if I'm ever banned out of the blue, that will probably be the day I move on too.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

If they ban me I'll just switch games. Plenty of backlog to go through. If a business doesn't want money who am I to argue

Been almost 1.5 years connecting from that certain region which allegedly has its own "server" with its crappy management and crappy translations.

Middle finger to that server with its population's massive + blatant RMT ads, market monopoly, completion scratch and whatnot, I'll enjoy JP while I can. So w/e.