Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Well, the threat of getting kicked out from PSO2 is always there, visible or not. But honestly that's expected the moment I installed PSO2 JP. And not like it sucks out the fun of PSO2.

If anything, it's SEGA slowly sucking out the fun of PSO2 lol.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

they already did that to me by softbanning my account
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Well to simply answer the question, yes of course I am worried.

First post ever on these forums, so with that said... Hello Everyone! But keeping on topic, For me personally anytime I log on and if there some kind of delay I kind of worry a little about if we're (Foreigners) being blocked but then finally exhale in relief when everything goes through. My knowledge of PSO2 mainly comes from PSO World, from just lurking around or looking up info. I officially started playing since PS4 Beta and since joining the live servers I've been enjoying myself on Ship 2.

Oh wait nvm I lied. I found some post from the ps4 beta thread (- _- :; )

Do people STILL think they can get banned for being a gaijin?
    Guys. Seriously. There's NOTHING in the ToS that stops us from playing. The only thing that effects us is the lack of customer service, iirc.

Just use your heads for a second. What if I moved to Japan and picked up a physical copy of PSO2 cus it looked neat? I live in Japan. I'm a legitimate paying customer.
    Or I'm a japanese player, but due to studies I'm forced to move to America. I bring my PC with me and continue to log into PSO2 every day to meet up and hang out with my old friends who I can't meet in real life anymore.

In either of these scenarios, would you see the player being banned?
    No?
    WELL THEN!

Way back when people were CLAIMING to get banned for being foreigners, they were just straight up lying. 3rd party hacks were running rampant, western players were abusing exploits, etc, etc. And not wanting to admit the real reason they got banned (or maybe they were just THAT stupid and didn't think what they were doing was bad) they blamed their ban on the fact that they were a foreigner.
    No one has been banned for being foreign.

FYI, using the English mod IS a bannable offense. It's modifying the game files. So if you go posting screenshots of your translated game all over the place, you're giving butthurt Japanese players everything they need to report you.
    My money's on people not having the brains to realize the English Mod breaks the ToS because it modifies the game files and assume their ban was because they themselves weren't Japanese.

The ToS says it is prohibited to connect to the game outside of Japan.

i.e. You're not allowed to play PSO2 if in Japan. So yes, you can get banned for being a foreigner, especially since I have actually seen people get 816'd for almost no reason (say it's because they did something, but they most certainly did not). What probably happens is a minor flag (due to an IP or buying from a certain "suspicious" people in game or something), and SEGA see the foreign IP and suspend it, which means you were banned because you were a foreigner (and not the prior reason, as another person would not be banned).
    Last edited by Z-0; May 20, 2016 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    Do people STILL think they can get banned for being a gaijin?
    Guys. Seriously. There's NOTHING in the ToS that stops us from playing. The only thing that effects us is the lack of customer service, iirc.
    No, the ToS specifically says you aren't allowed to play on a computer from outside of japan. The reason I and other people say it's effectively just ineligibility for customer service is because SEGA isn't actively hunting down people playing outside of japan. If it gets specifically brought to their attention you could still get banned even with a clean client.

I figure it makes sense for them to have that rule sense people who may not be able to read the language and would be less likely to spend money on the game would be taking up server space that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnomura View Post
    I figure it makes sense for them to have that rule sense people who may not be able to read the language and would be less likely to spend money on the game would be taking up server space that way.
    Based on the whole situation when the change was made it actually just seems like a reaction to a lot of the obnoxious english speaking players ruining things for everyone else (particularly all the script kiddies running around early on). People complained and it kinda got ruined for the rest of us. Sakai actually seemed kinda excited about the english community, and the change was probably pushed by people higher up.