Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 vs PSO

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnomura View Post
    lol "micro"
    With a max party of 4 there was no way for it to be an mmo.
    And there's nothing wrong there too! But to call this massive would... require games like WoW to be called GMO (Galactic Multiplayer Online) and we all know how problematic it would be if we did that for many other reasons; "THE LATEST GMO IS TOTALLY AWESOME", "BEST GMO ON THE MARKET", "GMO OF THE YEAR".

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    snip
    Well, 90% of your whole argument here is semantics and pointless term defining that has nothing to do with the comparison of PSO to PSO2. Hope you had fun wasting your time on it though cause it was barely worth the skim over to see if you even had a proper point, which you didn't.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I think Keylyn just made me realize I loathe MMORPGs...

The only part that could be considered "Massive" would be lobbies when they get full.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

PSO1 being difficult is probably a first time experience thing. After learning the game, levelling is just lv200 Mag head start and one-combo everything with a handgun until a slicer or shotgun drops. Then slicer or shotgun everything before they can touch you.

Ultimately, farming GGG for Saiki doesn't feel too different from farming Forest of Sorrow for God/Battle though. Same with Austere grind vs Excalibur.

square maps in pso2 triggering me
    at least pso1 feels like adventure/exploring etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    square maps in pso2 triggering me
    at least pso1 feels like adventure/exploring etc
    If you zoomed out all the way, it's a gigantic square map. It only feels larger due to how slow we jog vs how on PSO2, we literally blitz through shit, and fighting monsters is optional and no longer required to progress.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Great Argument,
    that is until you realize that SoJ has never advertised PSO or PSO-2 as an MMORPG, but as an Online RPG...because with Korea nearby...SEGA would not dare to incur the wrath of true MMORPG nuts by making such idiotic declarations.
    Yeah, they don't call it an MMORPG because it's NOT an MMO, and never was, I don't get how Korea's MMO market would have any influence on what terms they would use to talk about their game.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I think one thing I missed were goofy weapon effects on rares and things like unsealing a J sword, also some terrifying enemies like dorphons and del sabers. On the otherhand, with the freer movement of combat in PSO2, those enemies wouldn't have been as scary.

and Towards The Future killed the game.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Yeah, they don't call it an MMORPG because it's NOT an MMO, and never was, I don't get how Korea's MMO market would have any influence on what terms they would use to talk about their game.
    Actually, it doesn't matter what they call it. Just because they say it's only an Online RPG doesn't make it not an MMO. People of the online community have flip flopped around for years about what makes a game an MMO or not but by the most popular modern definition of an MMORPG PSO2 would be considered an MMORPG. The now popular term for the kind of MMORPG you are thinking of fits that term is more commonly referred to as just being an Open World MMORPG. This change accord around the time of the popularization of Guild Wars 1. Where originally GW1 was releases as an Online RPG but then later was rebranded as an MMORPG.