Unhappy Please help me get my tweaker working again!

Hello everyone! I'm having a problem with my tweaker. In short, it isn't working anymore. I can't play the game without the tweaker because it means going from understanding half of the text to understanding none of it. I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide.

This is the problem I'm facing when trying to use the tweaker:
    Program started...
    Loading sidebar page...
    Program opened successfully! Version 3.0.8.0 [OK!]
    Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
    Downloading Update...
    ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
    ERROR - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    All done - System ready!

A bit more detail:
    I had the updated version before but, when I got these messages, I tried to re-install. Now I have an outdated version that gives me the same error messages. I've had this computer for a while and used to play PSO2, with the tweaker, without any major issues. Sadly, it got infected and, last week, I finally gave up on trying to fix it. I reset it to factory defaults and everything seemed to be ok. The computer's factory OS was Windows 8. Yesterday, as it had before the reset, the OS was updated to Windows 8.1. I was actually excited about it, since I was hoping to try the game with my XBOX ONE controller, out of curiosity, and I couldn't do that unless I had the 8.1 update. As soon as the update was done, I encountered the problem. To be clear, I get the same error messages if I try installing any translation patches or launch the game. I have tried every troubleshooting option in the tweaker, re-installing the tweaker, re-installing the game, leaving the tweaker in the download folder (since I originally had it in it's own C:\ folder as recommended), and even a tweet with AIDA's handle grovelling for help. Lol! If you have read this far, thank you! If you have any new ideas for me to try, thank you! If you can reply without being rude, thank you!

P.S. I'm nowhere near being a programmer (if that isn't obvious from the way I worded my post). Please be aware that, if the ideas you have are comlpex, I'll need further instructions. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Undine View Post
    ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
    ERROR - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    It looks like Tweaker is trying to find the pso2_bin folder. check to make sure that the pso2_bin file is set up correctly through "Tweaker > Bubble > Select PSO2_Bin folder...".

When you moved the PSO2Tweaker.exe file, did you make sure to move everything else with it? The PSO2Tweaker downloads extra stuff once you've downloaded it and probably wont install more if it doesn't know it doesn't exist (but I have no proof of this matter :P)

The files you'd want are these:
    (NOTE you probably don't need 7z and UnRAR, I may have moved those there myself by accident)
    Spoiler!

I hope this helps.

PS. Also note one thing that PSO2 is currently down for maintenence, so when the game does work, remember you can't log in because of that reason. Cheers.

ONE MORE THING:
    I started to look up of others had similar problems. When you did the update to Windows 8.1, it might've set Tweaker to not run as Admin anymore. Right Click Tweaker and then set to Run as Admin. That may work.

Sauce here.

I don't have everything on your list (even excluding what you said I might not need). I do remember seeing the GN Field.exe before the update to 8.1, though. As for moving everything, I had not. But I did that when I still had Windows 8 and the tweaker was not giving me any issues. Is there a way for me to download each component separately? I've re-downloaded the tweaker many times and it never downloads any of the things I'm missing.

Here's what I have (I'd post a picture but, even if I knew how to take screenshots and then find where they went, I'm too new to the forums to post any images):
    gnfieldMD5
    gnfieldstatus
    logfile
    PSO2 Tweaker

The Tweaker is set to run as administrator and I've also tried running it in compatibility mode. Neither makes a difference.
    Last edited by Undine; May 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM.

It's strange that you say that you've re-downloaded the Tweaker many times when it's out of date. My Tweaker version is 3.0.8.4

As for downloading the components separately, I can't say there is a way without taking a visit to the Arks-Layer website and taking a look around there to see if you can find it.

Either or; I suggest going onto the Arks-Layer website and download and reinstall. Just remember to select your "pso2_bin" folder correctly (Normally it's found in "C:\Program Files\PSO2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin")

The reason for that is in my original post. When you look the log I posted, you'll notice my Tweaker isn't even able to update to 3.0.8.4 because it encounters the issue described. The only way for me to have version 3.0.8.4 right now (without fixing the issue) would be for that version to be the one available at Arks Layer. At the moment, the version there is 3.0.8.0, which updates (assuming you don't have my issue) to 3.0.8.4 when you open it.

As for the rest, I have looked everywhere in Arks Layer to no avail.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

There are some things that can be wrong here.
    The easiest thing to try is to flush your DNS.
    If that doesn't work, try completely disabling any anti-virus or firewall.
    Try moving the Tweaker folder and/or the game folder.
    Make sure you are running the Tweaker as Admin.
    And here's a copy of the latest version of the Tweaker: 3.0.8.4
    Last edited by Anduril; May 25, 2016 at 03:22 PM.

@KroDragon and @Anduril:

I want to thank you both SO much for taking the time to contrubite your ideas in order to help me solve my Tweaker issue! I would've never solved it on my own. I don't really know what the DNS is (I read the definition online and I think I need to try it again when I'm not this exhausted), but I searched "how to flush DNS" and the beautiful sight of a fully operational Tweaker soon followed.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Hi im looking for someone who has the solution or same problem with me. so i finally updated on june 2Oth.(6/20) and apparently when i turned my launcher on today. it said

Checking for updates to patches...
    Current EN Patch version is: Not Installed
    Current Large Files version is: Not Installed
    Current Story Patch version is: Not Installed

Does anyone have the solution to this? i just downloaded the new episode and everything and work. but now everything isnt translated and im stuck on the loading screen.

Im...kidna in the same situation.. but im in deep trouble i get that. but i redownloaded and checked for updates 3 times.