Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New p2w stuff

EQ trigger works exactly like rare boss trigger, but the entire MPA will disband if the trigger user DC/abandon quest.

If I have to spend $15 I would buy 50 bag expansion instead of playing another TD4.

If You don't give me some sort of Advantage, there is no reason to spend AC or even buy a premium SET. Why should I buy a premium set if It doesn't give me some sort of advantage, even small? It makes no real difference..

People can Whine and Complain but that is how the F2P model works.
    Yeah, people can argue about getting to the same point in different times...

But there is a difference between what a person working 40 hours a week, going to school 20 hours a week and getting to the same point in 100 hours than a player who plays 80 - 100 hours a week and doesn't go to school and lives in their mother's basement or cave all day long just playing...

The difference is...

A time comes when you pwn me at beating a map a faster than me.....
    But I am capable of beating the map at a speed and form I like to beat...

...and unlike most of the people in this forum....I actually have the Masters Degree Clinched Already and I am already studying towards a Doctorate Degree... and let's be fair....

Doctorate Degrees exist because Doctorate Holders want to improve the field of the Doctorate one takes it in and truly become one of the best in the field on a Global Level. Less than 2% of the global population holds Doctorate Degrees in any area.....In my life there are two doctorates I am after...

So yes... that is the difference...
    I pay my money.....I am able to have a real life, advance in it... and continue working towards it...Where by the end of my Life, hopefully sooner than later... I wish to be one of the best in the world in what I am after, not really for myself.... but for the millions out there I want to reach. My mission is personal...

Where as...refusal to pay means...
    You get to play Twice to Three times longer to keep up to everyone else who does pay...and if you want to WIN against those dirty AC/Premium Set users.....You will have to sacrifice a lot to the point you will not be able to play many other games, be forced to MARRY one game...and even be forced to choose between advancing in life or using your freetime to advance in a game...just so you can be proud of yourself.

The Winners against me say "good game"
    but when I walk the podium, I know the real game begins..
    and when the darkness beyond the clouds clear to show the light beyond
    I will realize that my final mission is complete..
    and I will feel human again...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    If You don't give me some sort of Advantage, there is no reason to spend AC or even buy a premium SET. Why should I buy a premium set if It doesn't give me some sort of advantage, even small? It makes no real difference..

But there is a difference between what a person working 40 hours a week, going to school 20 hours a week and getting to the same point in 100 hours than a player who plays 80 - 100 hours a week and doesn't go to school and lives in their mother's basement or cave all day long just playing...

The difference is...

...and unlike most of the people in this forum....I actually have the Masters Degree Clinched Already and I am already studying towards a Doctorate Degree... and let's be fair....

Doctorate Degrees exist because Doctorate Holders want to improve the field of the Doctorate one takes it in and truly become one of the best in the field on a Global Level. Less than 2% of the global population holds Doctorate Degrees in any area.....In my life there are two doctorates I am after...

I pay my money.....I am able to have a real life, advance in it... and continue working towards it...Where by the end of my Life, hopefully sooner than later... I wish to be one of the best in the world in what I am after, not really for myself.... but for the millions out there I want to reach. My mission is personal...

You get to play Twice to Three times longer to keep up to everyone else who does pay...and if you want to WIN against those dirty AC/Premium Set users.....You will have to sacrifice a lot to the point you will not be able to play many other games, be forced to MARRY one game...and even be forced to choose between advancing in life or using your freetime to advance in a game...just so you can be proud of yourself.

I'm not quite sure this analogy exactly holds too much water (insert meme here), since, again, apples and oranges. There's spending in real life for practical means, then there's spending on a virtual game to have more fun sooner. One is socially and morally more acceptable than the other, not that it stops the latter party from doing it.
    Last edited by Altiea; May 23, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The difference is...

no
    5char

The difference is...

tl;dr

SEGA knows people like to cosplay as the NPCs and Falzes and such.
    Notice they often have popular character voices locked behind paywalls like "buy this CD" or "buy this limited edition version".
    That's the real reason they do those "character popularity polls".
    And that's why the Falz stuff is SG only. People have been begging for it for ages.

So from now on, any time you see huge demand for something, expect it to be locked behind SG.

You can probably take some guesses.
    Unbind 13 stars = Star Gems.
    Change colors of normally unchangeable outfits = Star Gems.
    Change weapon colors = Star Gems.

Stuff like that. It's not pay2win but it's still annoying.

I've only briefly talked to two JP friends about it, and they are not pleased.
    Let's not forget it's only been a few months since they added Star Gems and they're already tying them to so many things.
    Yes, PSO2 always had microtransactions, but it feels like Star Gems are more "invasive", if you know what I mean.
    I'm sure it's only going to get much worse from here on out.
    They seem to think that PS4 release + fancier graphics guarantees microtransactions.
    It's the opposite for me. Now I don't want to pay them at all.

It's funny, I expected episode 4 to renew my interest in PSO2, but instead it's almost completely killed it.
    As far as I'm concerned, episode 4 has been a disastrous trainwreck. Obviously not everyone will agree with me.
    I can't help but think Maenara was right for jumping ship before it sank.

Edit:
    This looks like a list of stuff you can recycle/exchange.
    http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=82843

AQ stones -> Star Gems. Yuck. I hate AQ.
    The laughable thing is exchanging +2 Risk and 30% success for "Good" Gathering tools (which are completely useless).
    Also, guaranteed skipping 5 levels will now become a 50% chance to gain more EXP. Good job.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM.

It's more like "pay to get shit done faster".
    Free players still do just fine, but need more time to catch up with the one who paid money.

or are thinking that unable to receive cosmetic stuff that locked behind AC considered as losing in-game.

Oh speaking of paid content, let's not forget PSO2es.
    The simulation thing, you can run 1 time a day for free, but you can pay AC for more (with increased rate and item slot even).
    Last edited by wefwq; May 23, 2016 at 11:54 PM.

The issue with Star Gems, as TaigaUC says, is that it sets a bad precedent, especially with what they're tying them to.

The draw of F2P games is that you can get stuff done by just playing, but you can accelerate by paying money (mostly for people who work or whatever). The issue with Star Gems is that you can't get stuff done by "just playing", you only get Star Gems by waiting for them and a bit of luck. You're not whaling on PSO2 and want to get an untradeable outfit? Maybe in 50 days, and this is completely out of your control. EQ triggers now implemented for people who might miss EQs due to responsibilities! But only if you have the extra money to buy them, maybe you'll be able to play an extra one every 2 to 3 weeks.

Practically, Star Gems is only an "extra", but it rubs people the wrong way because of how they're most likely going to be handled in the future, and a game isn't supposed to be unfair in this manner if you're not constantly shelling cash on it. The main issue here (other than the Star Gem concept in general) is that Star Gems are such low frequency it's absurd. Even with 1 SG per day or whatever, it's still going to take a REALLY long time to get to where you want, but someone can pay a bit of money and get exactly what you want in a day or two.

I can't help but feel like people defend SEGA's decisions on these forums just for the sake of defending PSO2. You are allowed to have "negative" opinions and still like the game, you know.

@ Taiga

That's not a recycle list, those are changes to the login stamp cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The issue with Star Gems, as TaigaUC says, is that it sets a bad precedent, especially with what they're tying them to.

The draw of F2P games is that you can get stuff done by just playing, but you can accelerate by paying money (mostly for people who work or whatever). The issue with Star Gems is that you can't get stuff done by "just playing", you only get Star Gems by waiting for them and a bit of luck. You're not whaling on PSO2 and want to get an untradeable outfit? Maybe in 50 days, and this is completely out of your control. EQ triggers now implemented for people who might miss EQs due to responsibilities! But only if you have the extra money to buy them, maybe you'll be able to play an extra one every 2 to 3 weeks.

Practically, Star Gems is only an "extra", but it rubs people the wrong way because of how they're most likely going to be handled in the future, and a game isn't supposed to be unfair in this manner if you're not constantly shelling cash on it. The main issue here (other than the Star Gem concept in general) is that Star Gems are such low frequency it's absurd. Even with 1 SG per day or whatever, it's still going to take a REALLY long time to get to where you want, but someone can pay a bit of money and get exactly what you want in a day or two.

I can't help but feel like people defend SEGA's decisions on these forums just for the sake of defending PSO2. You are allowed to have "negative" opinions and still like the game, you know.

@ Taiga

That's not a recycle list, those are changes to the login stamp cards.
    Any of the arguments made on star gems could and already was made with AC at launch and premium sets (remember when only premium players could buy 10★ weapons? anyone remember how they literally let you spend 500 ac a day to just dice roll for ult weapons on es?) The precedent has always been there, and to be quite frank im kind of sick of everyone thinking the sky is falling with every AC thing they add because its totally these star gems that are gonna let the whales just walk to victory.
    *guy with premium gets in full block for eq, uses rare boost drink to increase his chances and he gets a 13*, then buys +30 12★ to grind it within seconds, and if he's short of cash he'll just do the AC scratch and sell it for money*
    Last edited by Tenlade; May 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM.

5 Star Gems a day doesn't sound THAT bad. We lose the Stones, but then again no one plays AQ besides me anyways... Losing the old Grinding stuff for the new Grind/Gathering stuff is a bit of a letdown, though.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]