Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New p2w stuff

Theoretically they could put the EQs up at the quest counter and then you need to use a trigger to participate in the quest like a bonus key. That's probably the worst case scenario for how these are used.

Alternatively, one person uses the trigger to open up the quest and then a multiparty can join from the counter. This is probably what is most likely to happen since it's closest to how rare enemy triggers work.

Last thing I could think of is a person on the server using the trigger to initiate an EQ effect for the entire ship for a 30 minute span. This would be the most optimistic outcome for the system but also be the hardest to implement without imposing some kind of restrictions on their use and also the least likely occurrence because then the 80ish star gem tag becomes too generous at that point. (Then again if you're trying to attract whales specifically....)

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Inc trade 1 Excube for 1 Gems....lel
    trade 400k meseta for 1 excube
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    trade 400k meseta for 1 excube
    400k meseta = 4SG

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Inc trade 1 Excube for 1 Gems....lel
    Awesome.

only managed page 3 before wall-o-text, maybe next time

Really be a good time for people to just drop this game for awhile, it's just going downhill further and further

People complain that they can't do EQs whenever they want to do them to set them up more standard MMO raid sytle and now someone claims P2W. Really? they are giving away 13*s like candy with this new collection sheet system and you think people paying out the ass will break the game somehow? Which in a PvE game only helps casuals. Find something else to complain about.

The whole point is shit like EQs shouldn't even be random/scheduled nonsense.
    PSO2 suffers from severe lack of interesting gameplay modes. An issue that, from what I've heard, did not plague previous Phantasy Star games as much.
    It's also arguably some of the easiest content they could add. Design a new mode, use existing assets... bam, done.
    Yes, previous games were subscription-based, but even if you buy PSO2's premium and star gems and all that crap, it doesn't add any gameplay depth.
    It just makes the game a little less irritating. You are PAYING to make the game LESS IRRITATING. Not MORE FUN.
    Less irritating, as in less time-consuming. Because modern games are designed to waste tons of time unless you pony up some cash.

It's really a matter of giving people the option of paying to skip stuff they don't like.
    Which, in theory, is fine. More options is good, right?
    The problem is games nowadays are intentionally designed to be around 95% annoying, 5% fun.
    Wanna enjoy the 5% fun? Give us more cash.

Next we'll have stuff like Capcom charging $2 per attempt to fight secret bosses like True Akuma.
    I remember when stuff like that had special hidden codes instead of a microtransaction cost.

When Double Dragon 3 came out in arcades, you had to pay real money for move scrolls, items and shit like that.
    People were used to paying for continues, but nobody wanted to pay for special attacks and shit. That system died a horrible death.
    But now the same shit is widely accepted everywhere.
    I guess it shows that if you keep pushing the same shit long enough, people will bend over and embrace it.
    Kinda like Windows 10 installing itself everywhere without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That's not a recycle list, those are changes to the login stamp cards.
    :/
    I really like the skip 5 levels item. Damn them.

It's even more stupid because they didn't apply the NT changes retroactively.
    "Hey, let's add this new NT system, not update the old stuff, and then replace reward systems to only benefit NT!"
    Fk off, SEGA. Tons of old stuff still drops everywhere too. Grr.

I get that a lot of people here have only played PSO2 a short while, and are enjoying it.
    Which is good. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you have fun.

At the same time, there are people like me who have been playing for around 4 years and are seeing the game go down the shitter.
    Obviously, we will all get tired of the game at some point. Or the game will close its servers permanently.
    But that doesn't mean the game couldn't be better while it's still up.
    The fact that SEGA keeps pulling this shit also shows that if they do make a sequel, it will be more of the same, or worse.

There aren't many games like PSO2 that have this level of character customization together with decent real action gameplay.
    So there's no point saying, go play something else. There aren't other options.
    JP people have been saying that since the beginning: "PSO2 is only popular because it has no competition".
    If there are such games, they are usually tied behind even nastier pay walls.
    PSO2 is heading in the same direction, which is legitimate cause for concern.

Pointing out and addressing negatives leads to improvement.
    Look at all the things we have around us today. Everyone's spoiled by fancy inventions that made life easier.
    How do you think people were motivated to create those things? By focusing on and addressing negatives, to achieve positives.
    Do you think all these creations were invented by people who turned a blind eye and wanted to pretend the world is perfect as is?
    I can't speak for everyone, but I want stuff to be better. That's why I complain.
    And yes, I know SEGA doesn't read these forums. But I've written the same shit in the survey, as have other people I know.
    There are also the reviews and comments on the stream. You can tell a lot of people are not quite pleased, although a lot of them keep playing anyway.
    SEGA can't pretend to be ignorant of the issues. They're intentionally screwing us against our will.

Here's something I noticed in the last stream that bugged me.
    As far as I can recall, when Kimura apologizes for their screwups, he doesn't bow his head or anything like that.
    He kinda just tries to get through the apologies and stuff quickly, so he can move onto new announcements of shit nobody asked for.
    Knowing Japanese culture, the way he does that strikes me as insincere. It doesn't really feel like an apology to me.
    As in, SEGA doesn't really feel sorry about screwing up. But then, that could just be my impression.

I understand that a lot of people, especially younger generations, can't imagine how things could be better, because they haven't seen better.
    When I complain about stuff, it's not just baseless whining. I speak with knowledge and experience in mind.
    I compare with stuff I've seen done better elsewhere. I know for a fact that things could be better.
    There's a quote I once read, and it's very true: "knowledge of a better world will only hurt".
    Yes, I could just ignore everything and pretend it's all fine. But I don't like to do that.
    I also have a low tolerance for poor design in general.

I also understand that people already deal with enough shit in their lives and just want to get away and be happy for a little.
    That's fine too. You don't have to read my whining and stuff. I don't write this stuff with the intent to pull anyone down.
    By all means, enjoy your experience and have fun.
    But please don't try to deny actual issues just because you're afraid of having your fun ruined.
    I don't think acknowledging issues necessarily means you can't enjoy the parts that aren't messed up.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 24, 2016 at 09:13 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    What are your thoughts on the upcoming p2w elements? also what are your predictions on the future of PSO2? do you think people will get tired of it sooner or later and start leaving slowly but surely? Or just don't mind at all and keep playing as they do now?
    it'll work out as well as the previous p2w elements did

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Pay walls. That's the better term. May wanna use this instead of P2W for this game from now on.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

The whole point is shit like EQs shouldn't even be random/scheduled nonsense.
    This I completely agree with.

PSO2 suffers from severe lack of interesting gameplay modes. An issue that, from what I've heard, did not plague previous Phantasy Star games as much.
    Yes, previous games were subscription-based, but even if you buy PSO2's premium and star gems and all that crap, it doesn't add any gameplay depth.
    It just makes the game a little less irritating. You are PAYING to make the game LESS IRRITATING. Not MORE FUN.
    Less irritating, as in less time-consuming. Because modern games are designed to waste tons of time unless you pony up some cash.
    I guess I' might be the only one that see no problem with the gameplay modes in PSO2 and think I have enough things in it to keep me occupied.

It's really a matter of giving people the option of paying to skip stuff they don't like.
    Which, in theory, is fine. More options is good, right?
    The problem is games nowadays are intentionally designed to be around 95% annoying, 5% fun.
    Wanna enjoy the 5% fun? Give us more cash.
    Which is why in the last year or so (minus some Wii U and 3DS games), I've bought.... nothing really except for some Wii U and 3DS games.
    Seeing nothing interesting over the years and most of it is just cashcows which pisses me off... or from companies that I have on my blacklist I would never buy a game from again... like Crapcom.

Next we'll have stuff like Capcom charging $2 per attempt to fight secret bosses like True Akuma.
    I remember when stuff like that had special hidden codes instead of a microtransaction cost.
    One of the many reasons they're on my blacklist.

When Double Dragon 3 came out in arcades, you had to pay real money for move scrolls, items and shit like that.
    People were used to paying for continues, but nobody wanted to pay for special attacks and shit. That system died a horrible death.
    But now the same shit is widely accepted everywhere.
    I guess it shows that if you keep pushing the same shit long enough, people will bend over and embrace it.
    No, it's not about pushing the same shit long enough. It's waiting for the right idiots to fall for it in a pile.
    Ever heard of stories of kids not knowing what they're doing on those phone games and "accidently" spend thousands of dollars because their parent's credit card was on the phone and they didn't know they were spending real money?

Or the ones that DO know and go "oh... it's just $1... it just $2... it's not a lot" not knowing that yha it's $1 or $2, but when there is hundreds of tiny shit you need to get.... it adds up and those fucking games you probably spent $60 on is now becoming a $300+ game.
    A lot of the newer generation fall for this microtransaction and season pass bullshit which is why it's allowed now.

Kinda like Windows 10 installing itself everywhere without permission.
    Can't relate. I've always turned off windows updates because of shit like that.
    Will never have Windows 10 on any computer (unless in the far future I will have no choice and forced to have it.... until then though...)

:/
    I really like the skip 5 levels item. Damn them.

It's even more stupid because they didn't apply the NT changes retroactively.
    "Hey, let's add this new NT system, not update the old stuff, and then replace reward systems to only benefit NT!"
    Fk off, SEGA. Tons of old stuff still drops everywhere too. Grr.
    Yeah, when I heard this, it pissed me off too. I really like/need those grind skips as I'm not spending money on grind skip 7s.... and I don't like the NT weapons at all.
    Thought the Star Gems change for the AQ stones wasn't bad as I never.... really had a use for the AQ stones, but the grind skip... no. Just no...

I get that a lot of people here have only played PSO2 a short while, and are enjoying it.
    Which is good. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you have fun.

At the same time, there are people like me who have been playing for around 4 years and are seeing the game go down the shitter.
    I honestly think it hasn't gotten too bad until EP4 popped up, but yeah it's not as it was since closed beta.

Obviously, we will all get tired of the game at some point. Or the game will close its servers permanently.
    But that doesn't mean the game couldn't be better while it's still up.
    The fact that SEGA keeps pulling this shit also shows that if they do make a sequel, it will be more of the same, or worse.
    I don't know. PSO DC was good, GC did better, EP3 wasn't bad (many didn't like it, but I enjoyed it), BB I barely touched, but did not like EP4 at all, PSU I thought was horrible, PSP2/PSP2i was a push to the right direction though which then PSO2 was like a revamped PSP2/PSP2i.

So I say it's been a slope for Sega and PS since PSO... but that's just me. MAYBE the next one won't be as bad? Who knows.

OH! I almost forgot PS0 had online on it. That one wasn't too bad either.

There aren't many games like PSO2 that have this level of character customization together with decent real action gameplay.
    So there's no point saying, go play something else. There aren't other options.
    JP people have been saying that since the beginning: "PSO2 is only popular because it has no competition".
    PSO2 is heading in the same direction, which is legitimate cause for concern.
    If PSO2 does get to that point, I think the game would just slowly die and Sega would be forced to work on a new one. Which as I said earlier COULD be a good or bad thing.

Here's something I noticed in the last stream that bugged me.
    As far as I can recall, when Kimura apologizes for their screwups, he doesn't bow his head or anything like that.
    He kinda just tries to get through the apologies and stuff quickly, so he can move onto new announcements of shit nobody asked for.
    Knowing Japanese culture, the way he does that strikes me as insincere. It doesn't really feel like an apology to me.
    As in, SEGA doesn't really feel sorry about screwing up. But then, that could just be my impression.
    I've never watched the streams, so I'm not sure which you mean... but that doesn't really surprise me. Somewhat of a damage control to try and say something the people want to hear and quickly throwing it under the rug, then rushing to stuff hoping people would eat up.
    Seen people (and yes, companies too) pretty much do that shit.
    You know what? It works.

Like, I haven't bought a WB game since I think Arkham City, but I did hear the 2nd to last BAtman I think (or maybe the last one) for PC they said they wasn't going to fix problems but that they were sorry BUT DLC was coming up? I think I remember hearing this.
    The thing is... they're still making games and still a business, especially in PC games. So... why would it different for Sega right now when they see that they can do the same and people wil still play?
    I also think that Sega is doing this around the new players (mainly PS4 players) and hope they can sucker them in that this is normal while not caring what the older players think. IF the newer players eat up this star gem bullshit and other crap... that mean they can do even more damage to the game and the new players will accept it and still bring others to play too.

This goes back to once again as you said about how games trying to nickel and dime players now. They did it with the older crowd... they didn't like it. Did it to the newer ones to see if they fall for it aaaaaaaaaaaaand they did. "Good! Keep it up! Do more damage! They will accept it! Fuck the older gamers!"

Call me overtly optimistic, but I'm fairly certain that we're good as long as Monster Hunter remains completely microtransaction free, which it has despite the advent of DLC. The day they start charging for MH DLC is the day Capcom crosses a line. (Not that they would ever need to; just selling the base game is Capcom's rainmaker alone.)
    Last edited by Altiea; May 24, 2016 at 10:08 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]