Default Ever experience scratchy/skipping audio?

It's not really too much of a problem to me. Since I can just listen to my own music on my phone, but it can be annoying. In-game the music, sound effects, etc all gets like...scratchy or distorted, skipping etc. I'm not sure how to accurately describe it, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. It doesn't happen in the lobby or anything though. Only during big fights where there's alot of players/ big enemies.

Any idea what it could be?

Bump.

It's visual lag that affects audio. No real fix other than to get a better computer that could handle better graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by KroDragon View Post
    It's visual lag that affects audio. No real fix other than to get a better computer that could handle better graphics.
    Game runs fine for me though. Smooth framerate the whole time.

I went to look if anyone else had this problem, and in this thread, a user by the name Billkwando had a similar problem.

This is his direct quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Billkwando View Post
    I did manage to get to the bottom of this. It purely came down to cpu usage. I recently added 2 gigs of ram (since this thread) maxing out my 32bit XP at 4 gigs, and that seemed to help a little (I know ram isn't supposed to make your computer faster but I figured I'd mention it), but I figured it out by playing the game with Task Manager open to the Performance tab on my other monitor.

Every time CPU went up to 99-100%, the sound would start crackling, and whenever I hit the water, guess what happened? So now I kill every process I can with EndItAll.exe (an oldie but goody free program) as well as Task Manager/Process Explorer, and the game runs fantastic with almost never any crackle.

Oh and I'm a weirdo who runs the game through component video TV-Out to a 36" SDTV @ 640x480 fullscreen (hey, it worked for the Dreamcast!). This allows me to crank all the settings to max even though I'm on an old computer. I hang on to this TV for my old skool games (and have an HDTV by the bed) and I never expected it to come in handy in such a bizarre way.

It's also helpful to use sites like Process Library to find out what processes you can safely kill to make it pc run as fast as possible:

http://www.processlibrary.com/direct...s/mbam/419476/
    http://www.processlibrary.com/direct...svchost/24778/

Hopefully the people who randomly find this thread in searches will be glad I came back at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by KroDragon View Post
    I went to look if anyone else had this problem, and in this thread, a user by the name Billkwando had a similar problem.

This is his direct quote:
    Ah I see...I suppose ending some background processes would help, thank you.