Default Can't Create Character/Translation Issues/No Sound

So I am very new to PSO 2. For the past 3 days I have been trying to get this game to work and its been one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a while.

Im using tweaker and when I log into the game I'm noticing some problems. My main problem is that when I try to skip past the starting cutscenes before making a character, the only thing that comes up is the background of the character creation page. Not a single button is visible which is where im stuck.

I've tried troubleshoot -> check for old/missing files. Ive also reinstalled the english patches like 30 times it feels like and still nothing.

When the game launches there is no sound except for the cutscenes. During the cutscenes the subtitles are not in english. Once I pass the opening cutscene I get the blank character screen with no options.

Im not sure if the game is unplayable until the english patches catch up to the japans version. I do know that the server had maintenance around 10 PM last night but i don't know if thats whats causing the issue. And yes I have updated my files on tweaker after the server maint. ended. I even patched up the official JP launcher.

Anyways if someone could throw me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. This game looks extremely fun but I cant spend another week trying to create a character.

Have you tried messing with some of PSO2's Settings? You can change these through the Tweaker through the bubble, then the very last option as a button is "PSO2 Options". Try lowering all the settings down for now then when the game does work, slowly start changing settings up and up and up till it starts messing up again.

As for Translation issues, be advised that not EVERYTHING that the English Patches translate are not fully translated. Some weapons will not have full english translations even some skills wont either. Subtitles I also think wont have translations at the moment. It's essentially writing new script through code and that's quite time consuming, so the only thing really translated are things that would seem important for player compatibility.