Default PSO-World Maintenance Scheduled for May 27th

PSO-World will be taken offline tomorrow May 27th at approximately 7 to 8 am EDT for site upgrades. It is expected that the site upgrade process will take one to two days. While the site is offline, a maintenance page will be displayed and you will be unable to access the website.

We're sorry for the short notice on the maintenance announcement. We wanted to announce it a few days ago, but uncertainty on work schedules kept interfering with getting confirmation on the upgrade date.

PSO-World will look a little bit different after the site upgrade is complete, but basic functionality will be the same. Several areas of the site will be receiving upgrades to enhance site functionality.

This just made me a bit giddy. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Ooh, upgrades! Could hit up PSO2 while I'm waiting for it. Or, you know, look for my PSIV save file.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ah yeah!

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Hm, looking forward to a much a much needed upgrade. Cheers!

This is as unexpected as it is pleasing! I wonder if Blue Steel will still be a theme... gotten so used to it over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    This is as unexpected as it is pleasing! I wonder if Blue Steel will still be a theme... gotten so used to it over the years!
    Themes are always a problem when upgrading a vBulletin forum. Themes are tied very tightly with specific versions of the software and even doing a minor upgrade can break one badly. If you are doing a major upgrade like what we'll be doing, you usually have to start over from scratch on rebuilding them.

Having said that, as many styles as possible are being upgraded. Some of them are being retired due to the enormous amount of work involved in rebuilding them. Several of them, including Blue-Steel, will be returning.

We will also be adding several new themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    Themes are always a problem when upgrading a vBulletin forum. Themes are tied very tightly with specific versions of the software and even doing a minor upgrade can break one badly. If you are doing a major upgrade like what we'll be doing, you usually have to start over from scratch on rebuilding them.

Having said that, as many styles as possible are being upgraded. Some of them are being retired due to the enormous amount of work involved in rebuilding them.
    Ah that makes sense. Now I'm even more curious o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    Several of them, including Blue-Steel, will be returning.
    aawyeeeaaa