Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If PSO2 could have elements/mechanics from Nova, what should they be?

So, I've been lurking around the "what content should this game have" thread that's been circulating for a while. Whenever I think of content I want in PSO2, I think back to Nova, which I picked up a year ago and find significantly more addictive than PSO2. How the game simply feels, from its progression and atmosphere to core gameplay, is a lot better than pre-3 Button PSO2 in my opinion. This made me curious: even if it's a pipe dream, what did Nova do that PSO2 should do?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Offline Mode

While it's great that Sega finally realized how wonderful PS Nova's palette system is with the implementation of the 3-button system on PSO2,
    I wonder if it's possible for them to implement the Buster class' quick palette skills in some manner.
    Of course, PC players have no problem with quick palette switching, even when using controllers with Xpadder and whatnot.
    However, I don't think PS4 players have convenient access to such quick palette switching features.

Out of mechanics/gameplay however, I wish they'd import the Gigantes-themed cast parts.
    I really want to see them used by my chars here on PSO2 x.x

A revisit to Planet Makia, like....why the fuck not?

Non-sucky skill (especially instant weapon change skill) and affixing systems. Also, PA levelling doesn't seem to be RNG-based in Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Offline Mode
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Non-sucky skill (especially instant weapon change skill) and affixing systems. Also, PA levelling doesn't seem to be RNG-based in Nova?
    You level GAs in Nova by turning in specific items to the Class Counter. You have to deal with the drops, but they're rather abundant if you know where to look.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Gigantes bosses plz.
    Or at least the announcer from Nova. They're so over the top especially when there's a change over code.
    "Chaannnggeeee overrrrrrrrr cooodddeee! Attack!"

It would be interesting to see how a Pile and Halo would work in PSO2. Their main purposes would be gone but they're so cool. The Pile is like a glorified Launcher and the Halo is like a lazy version of Tails.