Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Just exactly what is hacked. And how do you hack <takes out notepaper and pen>. Joking. So. How are they hacking?

I find it funny, that only weeks after it's initial US release, the XBOX version has in many ways passed the GC problems with hackers...

I have not, and doubt I ever will see actual hacked characters on the GC. There are no characters that have been altered to level 200...

Of course duping is the major problem with the GC, but if that's the biggest problem the GC version has, I'll take it...

200 Level characters in only a week or two... hmm... seems to me that there are more hacks out there for the XBOX PSO...

Funny how things end up when Microsoft takes over...

I'm really happy that nobody is blaming me for what's happening on Xbox PSO.

-- Barubary

I will start that off Baru. Damn it baru you wench! YOU HACKED PSOX

On 2003-04-28 18:22, DeckonFrost wrote:
    Funny how things end up when Microsoft takes over...
    The problem is the inherent insecurity in the Xbox's copy protection system. Because Xbox games are easy to copy and use offline, it is very easy to modify the game in some way before burning a copy to play. If you modify certain game data files, you can affect many things, such as how much EXP monsters give you, and what items they drop. (I personally don't know how to do it; I just know the basic theory behind it.)

On the Dreamcast, some people made copies of the game and hacked the data files to cheat, burning a new CD each time they change it. On Xbox, the same idea applies, except "burning" a new copy is a simple matter of replacing a file on the hard drive.

The basic reason Gamecube hasn't been hacked (besides extremely rare instances) is that piracy hasn't hit the Gamecube yet. You can't burn a modified copy if you can't burn a copy. If PSO were for PS2, it would be hacked too.

-- Barubary

Dangly Parts

On 2003-04-27 14:03, kagero wrote:
    Im sorry, but dont make me laugh, if any system is more hacked its GameCube Verion!! Trust me on this one, it doesnt matter which system you play it on, they always find a way. but yes i agree, just enjoy the game your way and avoid the bs....GC version over 1000 hours just switched to XBox, more people to play with it seems, and new faces not just same people in every loby every night. XBOX hacked!!! They all are.
    actually, if any system is more hacked, that would be the PC version, being on PC makes it way too easy to write code for ... and yes, i am sticking to GC, because i can tolerate duped items over instant level 200 characters

Ugh. So why do I have to have a Gamertag to play this POS again? And what are the real odds of some guy with a hacked JP PSO affecting me, the normal schmuck with a US PSO and and XBox?

I mean, saying 'PSOX is hacked, ayep' is a lot different from saying 'Dreamcast PSO is hacked, where you'll see everyone has hacked items, hacked spells, death resta, NOL-causing powers and everything else you can think of'.

All I want to know is what's the extent of the damage, i.e. how will it affect me? Diablo 2 is 'hacked' also and it doesn't bother me, because a bunch of morons with duped items don't really affect me all that much unless I decide to be an eBay seller.

I know people who without a modchip have hacked their xboxes to play halo online.
    You didn't have to hack your XBox to play Halo online. All you had to do was download the tunneling software, which was easily available on Gamespy, onto your pc, and hook up your XBox through a hub. It just made your XBox think that you were playing a system link game. It had nothing to do with "hacking".

I don't see why everyone's fussing so much. Yes there's hacked items, and lot of the people I meet online won't have anything to do with them. A level 200 walking into a game is basically begging to be reported and banned. As it is, I play the XBox version because I can play with my friends and I don't have to fork out 80 bucks to talk to them (and no, software keyboard is NOT adequate). Hell, if Sega had a keyboard ready for GCN PSO like they promised, I'd stll be playing on my beloved GC version.

Eventually a new game will come out for the mod-chip people to hack, the newbs who are taking all these hacked items with big smiles on their faces will get bored with the game when they have the strongest weapons at lvl 60, the people hacking their characters to lvl 200 will get bored with that after a week, and the majority of the people left will be the legit people who truly love this game and just wanna play.

The Kid In The Helmet
    That K shaped one up North...you know the one

On 2003-04-30 09:33, MisoSoup wrote:
    the newbs who are taking all these hacked items with big smiles on their faces will get bored with the game when they have the strongest weapons at lvl 60, the people hacking their characters to lvl 200 will get bored with that after a week, and the majority of the people left will be the legit people who truly love this game and just wanna play.
    Just like on Ver. 2...oh wait.

Also, just like version 2, Sega's running the whole show and could care less how their online servers are running. Oh wait, that's not right.

Say what you will about Microsoft, they have a pretty good track record with the XBox so far concerning customer concerns and demand. People complained the controller was too big, they immediately set upon making a smaller one. People complained about the voice chat grating on their nerves, they give out coupons for free USB adapters by mail, you paying shipping, of course. The fact is MS can't afford to lose customers on their Live service, and they know this. They want to do everything in their power to maintain that service to the best of their abilities. They know how to make money, they've been making billions upon billions for years. PC OS's and applications aside, because there's not really a competition for them there, they will do what is necessary to curb exploiting and expecially hacking on their servers because in this business they have a great deal of competition, and they want to come out on top. Of course, there will always be exploiters, dupers, and hackers. Name an online game that hasn't had them. All logic says, however, that the hacking will be dealt with to a point where it will have a small enough effect to where people won't be driven from their service.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MisoSoup on 2003-04-30 12:15 ]</font>