Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

oimg xbox sux omfg gaymecube blows

Fallen Dreamer

HOLY SHIT!!! XBOX HAS BEEN HACKED?!?!!?

Just had to get that out of my system...

Hate to say I told you so, but...

I told ya so.

does that mean ppl can get noled?

On 2003-04-27 21:11, shiznitty wrote:
    does that mean ppl can get noled?
    Maybe eventually... but I doubt it. I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but here's why I think NOLing in particular will be tough to pull off on Xbox Live.

NOLing was possible because of using a device which re-wrote the game's code (Gameshark, Xploder, etc). For anyone who's trying, these types of devices are super easy to detect (and Xbox Live is trying). You can't really do that type of stuff just by hacking the hard drive on your PC and editing the hexidecimal values of your items and character and such.

Again though, like I said... I'm no expert. Maybe Baru could shed a little more light on the situation.

I heard PSOX is hacked by modifying files on a bootleg copy. So they can't use "hacks" online right? Since Live will ban you if you try to log-in with a mod chip enabled, and you can't run a bootleg copy without a mod chip on.

So the extent of the hacks so far is just some level 200 chars running around with hacked items, which can be dealt with using feedback. Not a big deal, I hope it doesn't get worse tho.

Yea, fucking of coarse the damn JAPS hacked the Xbox b4 we even new it was goin on. On they are smart as hell w/ computers and they have this game for fucking months.

I thought it would make it easier by pc. Seeing as how you can pretty much make it a really big hex editor...

why the hell wasnt there a GAMECUBE HACKED! thread too?? it was hacked before the xbox version ever was. ppl are still trying to defend that it hasnt just like ppl cant get over that the xbox version has. bunch biased hypocrits

"Since Live will ban you if you try to log-in with a mod chip enabled, and you can't run a bootleg copy without a mod chip on."

Nothing to do with this really, but I'm sorta sure I read somewhere that it was easy, just altering/gatekeeping what your box sent out, essentially making sure live only sent out the things you wanted (i.e. no modchip). I dunno though, and I can't find the link.

The thing is a lot like a computer from what I've been told so it wouldn't be all that difficult, would it?