Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: More news on PSO Episode 1 and 2!

GameSpot interviewed Charles Bellfield of Sega of America today. When asked if PSO Ep: 1 & 2 will be pay-to-play Bellfield replied, "Yes, there will be a subscription service for PSO Episode I & II. Of course, that may change--it may be free." In addition the same interview states, that Mr. Bellfield killed the idea for cross platform online PSO. When asked if the idea was feaseable, he said no, citing the reason as the fact X-box live will be a closed system, but said that in the future Gamecube and PS2 should have no problem connecting. You can view the whole article here. Lastly, there seems to be screenshots of a ruins level, which is speculated as being a Pioneer 1 level! You can check the screens for yourself at New Technix (Not English) Many thanks to Blueblur, tst-leader, and King_Neo_X for this information!

Default Re: More news on PSO Episode 1 and 2!

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but that site, New Technix, is a French site.. not Spanish.

Looks like my P1 prediction was right ^_^ (I hope my motherbrain is too)
    Also, Us "speaking out will have no realistic effect on pay to play. Sega is not going to loose money for us.

Blue Harmony

Don't you start telling people to complain (again) against any fee for online playing.
    Whiners and wussies almost deprived Us from DC V2, granting us almost 6 month a delay.
    Now you will protest against GC PSO ?
    Just slow down a bit on your smokes and you'll be able to put $5 a month.

The Semi-Evil Overlord
    Somewhere in the world that I, King Neo X, do NOT want to mention.

I think that I said it was French. ^_^; (Double checks.) I can't remember. *facefault*

Default YES!!

you know why the x-box version will be closed off.... because its gonna rock!!!

Default Re: YES!!

I heard a rumor that the Xbox version was going to allow teams up to 8 people...

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Default Not exactly

And I get this info from EGM: Microsoft has one standardized closed set of Microsoft Servers, wheras PS2 andGamecube offer more server "freedom" as you might say. By leaving the servers up to the third parties, it leaves Sony and Nintendo not have to take the responsibility and by leaving payment up to the third parties and allowing that money to go to them largely, it makes it more profitable for the third parties as well. So just because the Xbox version is "closed" doesn't necessarily mean it's "gonna rock", fanboy.

Default Rumors are just opinions...

And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and all of them stink.

Default Re: Not exactly

i would agree with you and not with the fanboy...i feel that xbox doesn't want there servers open because they don't want there cheesy windows crashing the gamecube and ps2 servers (when and if the PS2 ones come out)...cuz nintendo would get pissed with that inferior OS running the show and crashing everything