Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Article: English PC/PS2 PSU Servers Closing March 31, 2010

Right on the heels of Tuesday's MAG+ announcement comes some saddening news for the local PC/PS2 Phantasy Star Universe servers. GM Edward posted on the official forum that the English PC/PS2 servers will be closing Wednesday, March 31, 2010. Next week's update on January 29 will be the PC/PS2 version's final update.

As of January 29, 2010, no new PC/PS2 subscriptions will be available for purchase, however any players who are subscribed as of that time will be able to continue playing for free for the remaining two months until service is ended. Keep in mind that this applies only to the PC/PS2 version of Phantasy Star Universe. The Xbox 360 version will continue to be supported with future content updates.

PSOW user Artea has created a thread detailing this news. Feel free to join the discussion to share your memories of the game's past or vent your frustrations (responsibly, of course).

RIP English PC/PS2 PSU

October 24, 2006 - March 31, 2010

Default Anyone thinking of joining

Anyone thinking of joining the 360 servers I would hope you do it before we get MAG+. This way (obviously) you can regain some losses and build yourself back up. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

Default It was fun while it lasted.

It was fun while it lasted. RIP PC/PS2 PSU.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Default Amazed the servers lasted

Amazed the servers lasted this long, the game had been dead for months. Even though I played since launch, I don't really feel sad that the servers are closing- PSU was a very mixed bag for me so I'm pretty unphased.
    Still, R.I.P. PC/PS2 PSU.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Default Food for thought

It has been said that there is a suprise for the Pso series seeing as its the 10th year.

Default Wow, that sucks. I haven't

Wow, that sucks. I haven't been playing as long as most of the people here, but I do enjoy PSU and made a lot of friends here. Well, if any PS2/PC players are looking for help, I'll do my best to get you up there in time for MAG+

Koji - LV. 158 HU/VA
    Sakuya - LV. 78 VA
    Sarah - LV. 9 FO

Default March 31st? That's some

March 31st? That's some short notice.

Default I never was much on PSU, but

I never was much on PSU, but knowing the people who do play on those platforms won't be able to go online soon kind of depresses me.
    Who knows, maybe this will give rise to an alternative to recoup the player's losses.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Default I can see this as a positive

I can see this as a positive thing. Now that they will be focusing entirely on the 360 there is a JP PSU community there that share servers with us. I'm expecting massive updates to come. Plus there will be a fair amount of people moving to the 360 side from pc/ps2 and the server population will increase. Now if Sega can get PSU into the 360 Games on Demand feature then the game will be booming again.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Default If only it was the day

If only it was the day after... Oh well
    Still wating for my PSU:AoI launch event prize.