Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Trailer from E3 2010

If the recent release announcement for Phantasy Star Portable 2 in the US and Europe has you craving for a PSP2 fix, Sega's latest video should help suppress your hunger for just a while longer. Unlike the previous video, which showcased some gameplay and talked about features in the PSP2 E3 demo, this one is pretty much a cut-scene and character montage. Enjoy!

<div align="center">
    <OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=480 HEIGHT=310 id="videoPlayer"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9& mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false &paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2 Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6265608%26mode%3Dem bedded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplayer%3D 1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml"><embed id="mymovie" width="480" height="310" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=1 6.9&mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=f alse&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpag es%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6265608%26mode% 3Dembedded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplaye r%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>
    </div>
    Thanks to Para for posting this news in our Phantasy Star Portable forum, where a discussion is already underway!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Default I like how they took out the

I like how they took out the vocals to avoid repeling people that aren't weaboos or obsessed with the series...better to be careful if they can't afford REAL commercials. 8D

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Default I kind of like the new

I kind of like the new choices for what they decided to show in the video. I think they used a better selection of scenes for this audience.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Default I don't believe that's going

I don't believe that's going to be the actual opening. :O Just, you know, a preview of CG scenes... But honestly, I'd prefer it on the PC. >_> 'twould lok better. ._.

Default Opening song cutScene

Opening song cut...
    Scenes cut...
    Overall I really hope this is only a preview and not the new opening, because it left me a bad taste. Like it's just a cheap montage which look very "meh". I don't feel this opening is really better to an american audience. I'm sure most people would have liked the opening with lyric and no scene cut

Default I agree. I don't think

I agree. I don't think that's the actual opening, either.
    The game looks great already, though! If it was on PC, we'd have to dish out another monthly fee for it. I was lucky enough to be able to keep paying for PSU. Don't be so picky and be happy with what we've got. Oh, wait...I forgot I'm talking to someone from PSOW. My mistake.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Default Don't get me wrong, I like

Don't get me wrong, I like how it's on PSP. I'm just saying that it would look better on PC, not that it would BE better. :P SEGA would find some way to screw it up, haha. And no, I'm not on PSOW for the sake of being part of the community most of the time. I'm just here for information, and occasionally I'll post. But let's stay on topic here. :P
    I rather liked the Japanese version, but from what I've seen, Emelia's voice is even worse in this one. >_>

Lullaby to hell, babe TierrenZX's Avatar

Default I honestly could care less

I honestly could care less about the opening. Lyric-less music is nice but all I care about is the gameplay.

Default Oh, I hated Emilia's voice

Oh, I hated Emilia's voice in the Japanese version. At least the english version doesn't sound like she's on helium. XD
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter