Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Article: PSO-World's Phantasy Star Podcast: Episode 2 Released!

Back by popular demand, we're happy to release Episode 2 of PSO-World's Phantasy Star Podcast, with your hosts Dragwind, HUnewearl_Meira, EspioKaos, and S-T-H! In this episode, we discuss the Japanese PSOBB server closure (including the related PSO2 network trial), Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity, Sega's upcoming community event, and our first requested topic; beard maintenance (no, that's not a typo). This podcast weighs in just over a whopping 92 minutes, more than 50% bigger than episode 1, and can be downloaded here, or streamed below using the flash player!

<p style="text-align:center">

<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="290" HEIGHT="24" id="player0" ALIGN="">
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.pso-world.com/podcast/components/player/player.swf?FlashVars=&amp;soundFile=http://www.pso-world.com/podcast/media/2010-11-06_psoworld_podcast_20101105_episode_2.mp3&amp;bg= 0xf8f8f8&amp;leftbg=0xeeeeee&amp;lefticon=0x666666 &amp;rightbg=0xcccccc&amp;rightbghover=0x999999&am p;righticon=0x666666&amp;righticonhover=0xffffff&a mp;text=0x666666&amp;slider=0x666666&amp;track=167 77215&amp;border=0x666666&amp;loader=0xffffcc&amp; ">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <EMBED src="http://www.pso-world.com/podcast/components/player/player.swf?FlashVars=&amp;soundFile=http://www.pso-world.com/podcast/media/2010-11-06_psoworld_podcast_20101105_episode_2.mp3&amp;bg= 0xf8f8f8&amp;leftbg=0xeeeeee&amp;lefticon=0x666666 &amp;rightbg=0xcccccc&amp;rightbghover=0x999999&am p;righticon=0x666666&amp;righticonhover=0xffffff&a mp;text=0x666666&amp;slider=0x666666&amp;track=167 77215&amp;border=0x666666&amp;loader=0xffffcc&amp; " quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF wmode="transparent" WIDTH="290" HEIGHT="24" NAME="Streaming" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

Please use the following feeds to subscribe:

We hope you enjoy! Please keep an eye out for more podcasts in the future, as we already have some great ideas for upcoming episodes! You can share your feedback on the podcast or make requests in this forum thread.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Default Fear the beard, but

Fear the beard, but definitely don't have too scary a one. All D&D gamer trope "neckbeard." Tracked down the elusive S-T-H there too!

Default Elusive? I must need some

Elusive? I must need some sort of a community outreach program. It was cool though...I'm not invited into many homes nowadays.

It was great to hang out a bit with the other guys. I don't believe I've spoken with any of them before. There was some good discussion behind the scenes that we'll have to pick up on later.

Default Great podcast, you guys are

Great podcast, you guys are always fun to listen to.
    Keep up the good work you are the best!
    Can't wait for the next one. XD
    PSU JP: Mirai Ichi Lv 180 / PSU US/EU PC/PS2: Miray Lv 165

Default About submitting tips and

About submitting tips and questions to "[email protected]"- can I attach an MP3 with my tip / questions?

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Default Yes.

You sure can! Also, it's [email protected]
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Default Another nice Podcast.

Another nice Podcast. Listened through it all and I must say it was quite interesting.

Not much to add to what's been said here, but I'm still intrigued by one thing: it was mentioned around 25:00 that some of the PSO Episode 4 tracks were based on previous music from the original Phantasy Star series. The Episode 4 tracks are still fresh in my mind but maybe my memory's failing when it comes to the older titles, because I don't remember such a connection. Could someone give the exact names of the original songs? Just curious.

As a last note, I think the 15 minutes spent on bear maintenance may have been a bit too much though, since I'm not particularly interested in that topic; but that's my personal opinion, of course, and I do understand it was a requested topic.

Lastly, maybe kind of a silly question but, as I did with my comment on the first PSO World Podcast I'm putting this comment here on the Comments section, although I noticed there's also a dedicated forum thread. Is any of these 2 means more encouraged to use than the other, as far as presenting our questions and feedback goes?

Good work, keep it up.

Default I found the HTML files from

I found the HTML files from my old site where I listed some notes on the remixed songs in Ep.IV. Here's a copy-paste (with slight reformat) of the two entries I had:
    • Main Theme (Phantasy Star III) -- Nostalgia in Solitude -PART1- (Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Ep.IV): You can hear the melody of Phantasy Star III's "Main Theme" beautifully mixed into Ep.IV's "Nostalgia in Solitude -PART1-" starting around 02:13 and running until about 02:37.
    • Dark Force, City of Darkness (Phantasy Star III) -- Nostalgia in Solitude -PART2- (Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Ep.IV): The opening section of "Nostalgia in Solitude -PART2-" was actually inspired by Phantasy Star III's "Dark Force." A few rhythms were slightly altered to better suit the faster tempo of "Nostalgia," but the notes remain the same between both songs. This then leads into a recurring piano section which was derived from the main melody of Phantasy Star III's "City of Darkness."

Default Heh, thanks for going

Heh, thanks for going through the trouble, EspioKaos. Anyway, now that you mention it I think I've yet to play Phantasy Star III, but in the podcast it was also referred (not by you, EspioKaos, I believe) that one of the Phantasy Star IV's themes was also used in the Wilds as a part of the "battle music" (aka "PART2", I assume), and Phantasy Star IV was a game I did certainly play, so that was what mostly piqued my curiosity.

I know at least of some other three songs from the pre-PSO Phantasy Star saga who were mixed into some of the PSO soundtrack's themes, so I'm not surprised that could happen in Episode 4; it's just that PSO Episode 4's soundtrack didn't sound familiar to me at all when I first played the game, as far as can I remember.

Default I want more beard

I want more beard maintenance news!
    I found it random and very amusing XD