Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Over 13,000 PSO2 (JP) Accounts Suspended for Malicious Activity in October

In a post to the official Japanese players site for Phantasy Star Online 2, SEGA gave a little update on their fight against RMT and other malicious activity in the game. During the period between October 1st, 2012 and October 31st, 2012, a total of 13,707 accounts were suspended for violating the game's terms of use.

Well, they did give fair warning. SEGA went on to say that they will continue to investigate their findings and take strict actions against any accounts found to be violating the terms of use. Players can also report suspicious activity through the malicious user report form on the official site.

Default banishments huh? and wow!

Tibia goes and mass bans about 3000-6000 players every couple of months(so many bots, so many polish, so many retards), but 13,000 mark is insane, these are ALL hackers? Seriously?
    Please, as unfortunate as it sounds, PLEASE say this was just english players playing fairly. cause if 13,000 accounts were banned due to hacking and shit we're screwed when PSO2 hits North America.

Default I'm sure there are some

I'm sure there are some cheaters in there, but I imagine that a VERY large chunk of this is made up of bots/farmers. With the game being so popular in Japan and also being free to play, it's bound to have a lot of that. This also includes accounts confirmed to be involved in the buying/selling of meseta.

Default Eh it's a F2P game

It's so easy to make a bunch of bots, its not even funny.

Default problem is that I m not

problem is that I m not quite sure if 13000 are all really hacker or not. Hope this not include any innocent.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Default mm-hmm

indeed, that's a lot of manpower if every account was inspected by a living person, and i hope it was+^_^+ I've seen a few people who did nothing wrong get banned for AFK dancing overnight in blk 20 when those haxors were moving bots around in July (it was only for 15 days though), guess afk people were movable too (has pics if you don't believe me)+^_^+ also, those farming bots we see with the @@@@@@4@@@@4 names, they transfer the meseta earned to accounts with premium by buying really expensive monomates i think+^_^+ while SEGAC surely could see what the banned accounts bought, could they track trades from one prem to another? and then maybe from that mule to a customer thru trade or more expensive mates? just thinking, no one buy RMT meseta, it might be logged and thus would be forever hot, and so would the poor Joe/Jane selling that Rappy Cannon RMTs use also be be logged?+^_^+

Default If your character is called

If your character is called sdfdfdfsdf and you're in a team of 100 members all named gfhghfgf or xcvcxv;hgfgf (etc) I frankly don't care if you're innocent.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Default ^^^^^ Comment of the year,

^ Comment of the year, everybody! *starts clapping*

Default Guys... quit yet drama and

Guys... quit yet drama and think for a sec: the thing already has over a MILLION people registered. You think 13k people being wiped away is anything worth even mentioning?

Default lol. That does make sense, I

lol. That does make sense, I would ban them too.