Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP) December 12th Update: Dark Falz & Pyroxene Shop

PSO2's next major content update is live , bringing with it the new ship-wide boss event featuring Dark Falz, as well as the new Pyroxene Shop where players can trade for 10-star weapons and items.
    In addition, new weapons have been added and there were also a number of bug fixes implemented. You may have already read about these additions in our previous story, but here's a recap (this article is still being updated with the latest information):

In this latest epic, two-stage, multi-party boss battle featuring Dark Falz, players will first have to take on "Falz Arms". Players of any level, and in any difficulty, can participate in this ship-wide emergency quest to weaken Falz and unlock his second stage. However, the ship will only have 30 minutes to inflict the required amount of damage. The amount of damage required will be based on ship population when the quest becomes available and players will see announcements updating them on the ship's progress.

[size=1]You might say Dark Falz is well armed...

Once the required damage has been dealt, the second phase (a seperate emergency quest) of the battle will be accessible. In the second phase, players will battle the boss' true form, Dark Falz Elder, formerly sealed away on the planet Naberius. This form has many arms and will be a challenge to defeat. Players must clear the first stage at least once to participate in the second stage.

This update will also include the new Pyroxene Shop, which will allow players to trade in rare stones (Rainbow Iritista) for ?10 weapons and other items. It has been confirmed that these stones can be acquired by defeating Dark Falz in the new emergency quests.

Technical Details:
    [*]Update Size: 36MB[*]Launcher Version: 01.05.01[*]Game Version: 1.0201.2[*]First Time Download Size: 5.4GB

<p align="center">

See the above forum thread for more detailed patch notes, pics and discussion!

The maintenance window is scheduled for 9:00PM EST to 3:00AM EST tonight (8pm-2am CST, 7pm-1am MST, 6pm-12am PST). While you're waiting for the game to update, be sure to stop by the PSO2 forums for the latest Phantasy Star Online 2 discussions!

Default "You might say Dark Falz is

"You might say Dark Falz is well armed..."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Default This Dark Faltz is one bad

This Dark Falz is one bad ass M F. I would LOVE to go up against him, but my PC can't handle the demands the game requires.

Default Added technical details.

Added technical details.

Default I have to ask...what are

I have to ask...what are your system specs? I'm just curious.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

Default Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz 512 Gb

Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
    512 Gb Main memory
    Radeon 7500 (32 Gb)
    I've tried running the PSO2 character creator to see what would happen. Black screen.
    So, I don't think I'll be playing PSO2 anytime soon.

Default Get a vita? Also that pun

Get a vita?
    Also that pun made my day

Default Riight. If I had THAT kind

Riight. If I had THAT kind of money, I would put it in my PC. (More memory and a video card would be nice).

Default Oh, I can see why it won't

Oh, I can see why it won't run. I'd say it's more of a processor/RAM issue than anything. For me, I have a Pentium 2.2 GHz Dual-Core with 4 GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics and I can run it perfectly fine (note, $350 Toshiba Satellite C655-S5512 from Walmart). Not max graphics, but way more than minimum. Hopefully you can enjoy some PSO2 soon!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

Default Just to simplify it even

Just to simplify it even further...it's a money issue. I barely get enough to live on + internet access. I'm hoping to get some money over the holidays. If I do, I'll probably get more memory & a new video card. If I had to replace the MoBo + CPU; I'll say just get a new PC.