Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita Details

The official Japanese Phantasy Star Online 2 blog was updated with new details about the Sony PlayStation Vita port of Phantasy Star Online 2. The purpose of the new information was to clear up some of the concerns that people had expressed about the Vita version. Here is a summary of the information:
    • Vita Updates - It will be possible to distribute updates and make balance changes to the Vita version.
    • Online Security - Phantasy Star Online 2 will be an online only game. All data will be stored on the servers. Also, the Vita version will use the same security measures as the PC version.
    • 3G Connections - It will be possible to play Phantasy Star Online 2 using a wireless connection or 3G network. However, the connection method for a 3G network will be different.
    • PC/Vita Compatibility - The current plan is to allow PC and Vita players to play together. However, there is a chance that the PC and Vita players maybe separated depending on early testing results.

Credit goes to Mike for bringing us this news. You can discuss this news in this forum thread.

Default Win!

Win!

Default not bad, but I want the game

not bad, but I want the game on a real console, not a handheld, I dont want to fork out cash for a console I'll only play one game on

Default I have excellent news! It's

I have excellent news! It's on the PC too :P
    This shouldn't affect PC players too much

Default U might wanna check out the

@ Zenon: U might wanna check out the Vita, I love my little mini PS3...

Default I'm glad I decided to buy a

I'm glad I decided to buy a 3G model this weekend, and if anyone is considering getting it, until the end of the month if you get the 3G model you get a free 8GB memory card, for me that was worth the extra $50 to get the 3G version just for the free 8GB card.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

Default Curse you sega! Curse you

Curse you sega! Curse you for giving me a pretty good damn reason to buy Vita!
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

Default Vita is a worthless,

Vita is a worthless, antiquated system, which the current gaming market has no need for, and should frankly, just go die. I don't understand why developers choose to make games for it, when there is PS3 and 360 - consoles with a 50 million+ userbase; which developers have over 5 years of experience in optimising for. Why take a chance, and risk throwing developer money down the drain, on Vita -- unless of course, Sony is paying them a healthy sum for console exclusivity...

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Default It's not worthless to

It's not worthless to everyone. In fact, many love it. Not everyone has time, when they're at home, to sit down for an hour or more and play video games. For example, I usually only get time now, with my busy schedule, to play on the trains to and from work. Lots of people want portable gaming systems. Home consoles are not the only great thing out there. Neither are portable consoles. Pluses and minuses, pros and cons. Everything has them. That's just the way life is.
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman