Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 crashing every hour while playing

My client keeps on crashing after an hour after playing. Don't know what the cause of it is, but just gonna provide as much info I can.

1. I'm using Windows 10.

2. I'm using Windows Firewall.

3. Windows Defender is disabled.

4. Avast has the Phantasy Star Online 2 path excluded from scanning.

5. The only feedback I get during the crash is that the program stops responding and forces me to close.

6. I disabled Tabtip.exe and the Game Overlay stuff on the system.

7. The only plug-in active is item translation.

8. My directory is OS > Program Files (x86) > Phantasy Star Online 2.

I can play the game fine, but after an extended period of playing, I crash.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jun 8, 2016 at 03:54 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

When you say you disabled Tabtip.exe, do you mean you closed the process, or disabled "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service?"

As for 5, check your Reliability Monitor. Error reports are logged there. Windows doesn't really report them as much to the user now.

A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business

Does PSO2 crash in any particular part og the game? For me it always crash when I'm in the lobby after playing for an hour or so yet I still have yet to find a solution
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

i having the same to but felt like it was every few mins or so

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    When you say you disabled Tabtip.exe, do you mean you closed the process, or disabled "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service?"

As for 5, check your Reliability Monitor. Error reports are logged there. Windows doesn't really report them as much to the user now.
    It's disabled in services, so it doesn't pop up at all on startup. As for errors off the Monitor I'll check next time it happens, need to check the exact time it happens because I also get errors trying to launch PSO2 sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGunz2345 View Post
    Does PSO2 crash in any particular part og the game? For me it always crash when I'm in the lobby after playing for an hour or so yet I still have yet to find a solution
    Not particularly, but it does occur at the most inconvenient times like the end of TDs or CM runs, but I''m very sure it's due to the time I've been playing rather than the location.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXTernals View Post
    i having the same to but felt like it was every few mins or so
    If it's 15 minutes on the dot, it's definitely the Tabtip.exe, or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service that Misaki Ki mentioned, otherwise I'm not sure myself.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jun 8, 2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    It's disabled in services, so it doesn't pop up at all on startup. As for errors off the Monitor I'll check next time it happens, need to check the exact time it happens because I also get errors trying to launch PSO2 sometimes.

Not particularly, but it does occur at the most inconvenient times like the end of TDs or CM runs, but I''m very sure it's due to the time I've been playing rather than the location.

If it's 15 minutes on the dot, it's definitely the Tabtip.exe, or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service that Misaki Mi mentioned, otherwise I'm not sure myself.
    I've been told that Tabtip.exe or Touch keyboard and handwriting service causes this problem, yet on my computer tabtip.exe does not exist (yes I checked task manager and the detail tab) and the touch keyboard is not even on, so none of these options are helpful D: and I have Windows 10 as well, refurbished when I first got it
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGunz2345 View Post
    I've been told that Tabtip.exe or Touch keyboard and handwriting service causes this problem, yet on my computer tabtip.exe does not exist (yes I checked task manager and the detail tab) and the touch keyboard is not even on, so none of these options are helpful D: and I have Windows 10 as well, refurbished when I first got it
    Have you gone into the services menu to look for and disable it? (Win+R, then type in services.msc, then look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service; it is also called TabletInputService in the Task Manager Services tab.) It should be present even without any touch hardware installed.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 8, 2016 at 02:55 PM.

So I crashed again during CM1 during mission 4 and got the report from Reliability Monitor. It reads as:

Spoiler!

As of now, I'm going to turn off Windows Firewall and see if that stops the issue, because otherwise, I don't see what the issue could be crashing my game.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jun 8, 2016 at 03:50 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]

im also having a similar issue since the update maint last night my game keeps crashing during a loading screen so i did the exclusions in my antivirus and disabled touch support in services and im reinstalling the whole game if that doesnt work im just flat out done with pso2 until it maybe gets patched or something

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Have you gone into the services menu to look for and disable it? (Win+R, then type in services.msc, then look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service; it is also called TabletInputService in the Task Manager Services tab.) It should be present even without any touch hardware installed.
    I've done the first part after I saw your post about disabling it in another thread posted recently, but still didn't work :/ .I also see the TabletInputService in the Services tab but when I right click, only "Start", "Open Services", and "Search Online" are clickable. Everything else is in grey D:
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2