Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Eh, not gonna watch the spoiler video but I'm hoping its gonna be as enjoyable as last years xD Hell we even got a free LA out of it! So while you guys are complaining and whining I'll be enjoying the show.

just found that pd pic reference
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22869734
    Last edited by oratank; Jun 15, 2016 at 08:21 AM.

Kobayashi Sachiko is actually a very popular Enka singer in Japan, at least from all the info I could get about her.

My only guess as to why there's a mixed response from even the Japanese fanbase (so far) is cause of Japan's general obsession with youth especially considering how PSO2 is a very anime game and most anime glorifies youthfulness to a sometimes ridiculous degree. A 62 year old lady singer must've been such a jarring choice considering how previous live stage characters in PSO2 has been mostly cute young girls.

Yeah, I asked a JP friend about it and they said she was very famous even before Nico Nico came into existence.
    I don't really mind her in the game singing and stuff, but it seems that the large version of her has horrified a bunch of people.

Yeah, the song (from what little we've heard) sounds really nice and she does seem to be an excellent singer within her genre of music. I also think her outfit for the stage performance looks okay. I guess the fault really lies in whoever thought a giant face of a person would make for good entertainment... actually, most of Episode 4 has had questionable design choices.

2spooky
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Don't know anything about the singer, but I immediately thought of the final boss from Asura's Wrath.

Spoiler!

Song seems nice, it's actually really weird but awesome that Sachiko and Beat Mario are collaborating. (As previously said, Sachiko is a famous Enka singer, while Beat Mario is the creator of COOL&CREATE, a doujin group that usually does a whole lot of Touhou remixes. He usually works as a composer, but he also sings, even though it seems he is the composer of the song this time.)

Costume is not bad, but the stage setting is... strange to say the least.

Oh, and for what we can hear from the lyrics, it seems like a "welcome song" from the Earthlings to the ARKS... which lore-wise is... well, just intriguing.
    みんあみんあみんあヨーコソ 地球ヘヨーコソ
    Minna minna minna yōkoso chikyū e yōkoso

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldco View Post
    0:58 fingers movement ?
    Oh, didn't notice that, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    My only guess as to why there's a mixed response from even the Japanese fanbase (so far) is cause of Japan's general obsession with youth especially considering how PSO2 is a very anime game and most anime glorifies youthfulness to a sometimes ridiculous degree. A 62 year old lady singer must've been such a jarring choice considering how previous live stage characters in PSO2 has been mostly cute young girls.
    ...Not sure if I accidentally deleted my post or what but from what I saw on swiki, a small portion of the users went "do not want" on Sachiko holding a live, and a huge portion was highly amused by the fact that "last boss" is finally in the game. I also don't think a lot of people find it jarring that Sachiko's in, because she's been kinda otaku lately, between singing Senbonzakura and going Comiket and her vocaloid and whatnot.

PS: While we're all focused on Sachiko's huge stage, Beat Mario of COOL&CREATE wrote the song for this live. People into Touhou and doujin music have probably heard of this dude before.

Who the fuck is this old bitch!? I want more KOONAH!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2