Thread: E3 2016 things

Default E3 2016 things

Sorry this is not a recap, just saw this Nier Automata boss fight and was too impressed not to post it here, feel free to share impressions of any other E3 title

In other news, the zelda E3 trailer was kind of disappointing, but after watching all the treehouse videos on their YB channel I can only say that it looks extremely beautiful and that I want to play it lol

Breath of the Wild seems very Zelda 1, which is pretty cool. Will look forward to it. For Honor looks pretty cool too. Makes me think it as a over the shoulder Medieval/Shogun Total War. Also Wait Mode in Final Fantasy XV. That's amazing and should allow battles to be less hectic. I have yet to try a demo though, so I still don't know if it plays similar to a Kingdom Hearts game.

My top 3 games of E3 I was interested in

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    2. Horizon Zero Dawn
    3. For Honor

I haven't wanted to play a Zelda game this much since Majora's Mask. The game looks amazing. Yeah the gameplay videos sold me too.

Sony nailed it
    MS did pretty good since I no longer need to buy a bone for Scalebound
    LOL EA
    LOL UBISOFT
    Ninty was really disappointing tbh

I thought it was interesting to say the least.

Microsoft are shafting their fanbase with a slim version when a newer Project Scorpio version is coming around the corner.

Sony didn't fluff it up and showed what was being released later on and had my interest with the changes to God of War.

Nintendo didn't really show much honestly, taking NPCs and villages out to prevent spoilers made the stream/demo feel bland. It is a nice change, but in all honesty, it's just showing the game off for the potential NX crowd.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I agree. The new god of war looks amazing. I like the new direction they're taking with it. I'm interested to find out what made them go with Nordic mythology though. At least think its Norse mythology. Could be Celtic for all I know.

Nintendo did horrible.. No Offense
    Sony was magnificent.
    People just didn't understand what microsoft was doing, and its to their own ignorance...

The U.S is a nation of risk taking in the business world. Half of the VR projects in the development are based in the U.S. Microsoft is a Major supporter of the V.R technology because it actually gives P.Cs a dominance in the graphics market and something totally different to set them apart from Consoles. Up until now the games we play on PC are interchangeable with Console Ports. If we look at Japanese games that came to steam, they are Console Ports which get a second breath of life on the PC. In fact I love playing One-PIece, Pirate Warriors 3 which on Sale for a day I paid $15 for that game + DLC and there is a lot to do in that game....

....but PCs need something to set them apart from Consoles, Tablets, and SmartPhones.
    Virtual Reality requires a lot of Specifications (and I have them) to be able to run and finally, the Enthusiast market in computers has a challenge as well as Tech Developers in trying to miniaturize and make VR affordable and available to everyone. Before VR, all we were doing in the U.S was developing new Processors, and Video Cards without a challenge....

then when VR was being developed,
    It was unplayable in most computers, but one thing became absolutely clear...
    It was a new challenge and a new risky venture to try...

Microsoft wants to actually not only develop a console that can handle VR, but wants to develop a console or technology that can also handle 4K gaming as well. This is the point of technology, not to settle in the middle but to take a risk and advance to the future. This is the lifeblood of technology. Not settling for second or third rate technology, but trying to break the barriers. All of this effort is required for prototypes to become perfected, and then later to become mainstream enough for something to become affordable and usable....

...So I love the attempt
    Whether it fails or succeeds, that remains the be seen..
    However, as far as taking risks goes and working with completely new ideas and advanced technologies requiring a lot of everything that came before, from game development forms all the way up to technological implementation, marketing, and doing what it really takes to bring something dreamed off, but making something new a reality instead of more of the same thing.... That is what microsoft and its global partners are trying to do.

Microsoft has always sucked as a monopoly after gaining power, however
    Microsoft has always done well and surprised people when they enter an area as an underdog..

For example, the smartphone I use is a Microsoft Smartphone and the promotion when I bought it was a year subscription to office to work on the smartphone, tablet, and PC...all sharing data through OneDrive. That to me was smart and it pretty much paid for itself.....and was a necessity for the work that I do.....

So yes..
    SONY did amazing
    Nintendo was absolute shit in my opinion
    Microsoft was misunderstood...

After trying out Alpha Stage and Beta Stage VR games...
    I am already sold on the technology itself that after exposure... I don't really want my games to be Non-VR games for RPGs and MMORPGs anymore... That is how good it was to try out some of these games... ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

That's pretty close to my list actually. If I were to add more to that, it would probably be Tokyo Mirage Sessions (I'm really liking how well it turned out, from a presentation and performance aspect.I've never seen any Atlus SMT, or Persona game have the level of non-existent load times and smooth transitions before. The bosses also are definitely up there with the Atlus' coolest efforts, as well. It has me psyched for the next game that is on my list. Persona........ FIIIIVE.. I think the quality of TMS's presentation is like an advertisement of the game performance we'd expect to see in the next Persona chapter.

Final Fantasy XV is on my buy list, I already pre-ordered. However, what they showed really didn't psyche me in any new way.

Being that Nintendo already set the stage that their main highlight was Zelda, did make it seem they had a good presentation for their title game. The actual gameplay features they had ready to demonstrate is actually well beyond what everybody else did with open world. Weather effects actually meaning something when it comes to gameplay, not simply aesthetics. So rain actually makes things like climbing more difficult. Another thing is having to deal with weather affecting your person without the right clothes or warming ingredients to help (the later a feature you'd only see in Monster Hunter). All features we never even seen in an Elder scrolls game.

Last but not least, some intelligent use of the environment even by relatively dim-witted foes, shown in the game. The way they can dynamically decide on nearby weapons, or objects they can use as weapons, and if they can't find anything nearby, even resort to digging for rocks to throw. That's a feature that generally doesn't happen in even the most celebrated open world hits we have, including Witcher 3.

In some ways, the actual gameplay features started to look like a laundry list of things P. Molyneaux promised in a Fable game, but never delivered in the final product.

Otherwise, Nintendo had a pretty tame and rather lackluster entire E3 performance, by comparison to Sony; but that was actually kind of expected. Sony really only had to do what they were ready to do, simply tout their large 3rd party support. Just wished they had more surprises as much of it was just a (yeah, we knew this was coming, we already seen this). Still, Horizon - Zero Dawn was probably the coolest footage, I believe from the Sony camp. It seems like the action-RPG game I'd play the most outside the new Zelda.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jun 20, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Nier Automata has integrated bullet hell gameplay, which would explain why the boss fights look like Touhou Spell Card boss fights.
    I don't recall anyone ever having done that in 3d, so I'm looking forward to it.